Agricultural Science is a multidisciplinary field that consists of a variety of scientific, business subjects and subjects. It promotes the production of quality food in the agricultural-food industry and on the farm linked to farming. Agriculture Field basically includes horticulture, farm management, businesses and industries which process and buy farm products, manufacture agricultural machinery, banking activities, research for improving quality and quantity of farm products. Read the complete article to know more details about Agriculture science course.
Popular Agricultural Science Course
Candidates have a variety of options to pursue courses in the field of agriculture. Some popular courses are given below:
- Certificate in Agriculture Science
- Certificate course in Food & Beverage Service
- Certificate course in Bio-fertilizer Production
- Diploma in Agriculture
- Diploma Courses in Agriculture and Allied Practices
- Diploma in Food Processing
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
- Bachelor of Science (Honors) in Agriculture
- Bachelor of Science in Crop Physiology
- B. Tech Biotechnology
- B. Tech. Agriculture Engineering
- Master of Science in Agriculture
- Master of Science in Biological Sciences
- Master of Science in Agriculture Botany
- Doctor of Philosophy in Agriculture
- Doctor of Philosophy in Agriculture Biotechnology
- Doctor of Philosophy in Agricultural Entomology
Agricultural Science specializations
Given are some of the specializations in the field of Agricultural Science.
- Agriculture Economics
- Plant Breeding
- Agriculture Genetics
- Weed sciences
- Agriculture Entomology
- Agriculture Microbiology
- Soil science and Agri chemistry
How to Pursue a Career in Agricultural Engineering?
|Paths||Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII in Science Stream with PCB/PCM (Mathematics is recommended)||Pursue B. Tech in Agricultural Engineering for 4 years||Pursue M. Tech in Agricultural Engineering for 2 years||Pursue Ph.D for 2-3 years/Job|
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Agricultural Science Course?
Candidates must be eligible to apply for agricultural science. Given below is the eligibility criteria for the course:
For Under graduation
- Candidates needed to qualify the 10+2 or equivalent exam with biology, mathematics and physics as a compulsory subject from any recognized school or board.
For Post Graduation
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree with science subjects from any recognized college.
Agricultural Science Course Duration
Check the course duration from the table given below:
What is the Admission Process for Agricultural Science Course?
Candidates can apply for admission in agriculture courses through various entrance exam organized at national, state and university level.
- Candidates can apply for this course after completing their 12th from any recognized board.
- Some colleges also offer admissions based on the merit list of the qualifying entrance exam.
Some agriculture entrance exams are given below:
- ICAR AIEEA (All India Entrance Examination for Admission)
- BCECE( Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination)
- JCECE (Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination)
- KEAM (Kerala Engineering, Agriculture and Medical)
- MP PAT(Madhya Pradesh Pre-Agriculture Test)
Colleges/Universities Offering Agricultural Science Course
Given below is the list of universities and colleges offering courses in the field of Agricultural Science:
- CCS Agriculture University, Hisar, Haryana
- University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore
- Acharya N G Ranga Agricultural University, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh
- Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
- Kerala Agricultural University (KAU), Thrissur, Kerala
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
- Dr R Prasad Central Agriculture University, Samastipur, Bihar
Agricultural Science Course Jobs and Career
In India, career in the field of agriculture is one of the preferred choices of science candidates. After pursuing courses in the agriculture field, candidates can apply for jobs in government/private organizations.
There are various job opportunities for agriculture graduate aspirants in India mention below:
|Agricultural Scientist||Agriculture Officer|
|Production Manager||Farm Manager|
|Food Microbiologist||Food Researcher|
|Crop Specialist||Fertilizer Sales Representative|
|Plant Geneticist||Soil Surveyor|
|Agricultural Engineer||Agricultural Food Scientist|
|Agricultural Inspector||Agricultural Manager|
|Water Conservationist||Soil And Plant Scientist|
|Soil Engineer||Silvicultural ResearcherA|
Top Government Sectors for the Field of Agricultural Graduates
Given below is the list of the top government sectors for the field of Agricultural graduates:
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute
- National Seeds Corporation Limited
- State Farms Corporation of India
- Food Corporation of India
- National Dairy Development Board
- NABARD and other banks
- Agricultural finance corporations
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
- North Eastern Region Agricultural Marketing Corporation
List of private sectors which provides job opportunities for this course:
- Agriculture Marketing
- Financial sector with the focus on agriculture
- Micro-finance institutions
- Fertilizer companies
- Agri-biotech organizations
Agricultural Science Course Highlights
Check the vital information for Agricultural science course from the below-given table:
|Duration||For Undergraduate- 3-4 years
For Postgraduate- 2 years
|Eligibility||For UG-10+2 in Science stream from a recognized board.
For PG- Candidate must hold a graduate degree.
For PhD- Candidate must hold a Postgraduation degree.
|Admission Process||Entrance exam based|
|Top Recruiters||Rallies India Limited, Advanta Limited, National Agro Industries, DuPont India, Raasi Seeds, ABT Industries, and others such|
|Job Positions||Agricultural Research Scientist, Agriculture Development Officers, Business Development Executive, Marketing Executive, Assistant Plantation Manager, Agriculture Technician, Agriculturists, etc.|
About Agricultural Science
Study of Agricultural is called “Agricultural Science”. This field incorporates the management of horticulture, farms and agri-business activities. It gives insights into the agrarian scenario of the country and its agriculture industry that manufacture agricultural machinery and equipment and is involved in the procurement and processing of agri-products.
Check Popular Courses After 12th Here.