Class 1 or First Grade is the stepping stone in children’s life as it is the exciting transition of them from a kindergarten to academic. Extra attention is added as they move towards more extensive learning. At the beginning of the class, the routine to check their day to day progress and being a helping hand in study is a normal thing for parents. Thus syllabus and topics are designed in such a way that the children develop their reading and writing habits.
NCERT Class 1 books are designed for the CBSE students. NCERT is the most preferred textbook in the CBSE board. It provides the course books along with the sample paper. One can have the books for the Class 1 in an offline as well as online mode. PDF is available for the NCERT Class 1 books in an online mode.
CBSE Class 1 Overview
|Exam Name||CBSE Class 1 Exam (Internal Exam)|
|School Board||Central Board of Education (CBSE)|
|Conducting Body||Respective Private Schools|
|Frequency of the exam||Breakdown into 1 to 3 terminal as per the school|
NCERT Books For The Class 1
The NCERT textbooks for the 1st Grade contain the 3 compulsory subjects such as English, Hindi & Mathematics . Check out the pdf of the subjects below:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about NCERT Class 1 Books: Download CBSE Class 1 Books PDF - Admissions
- NCERT Book For Class 1 Maths PDF
- NCERT Book For Class 1 English PDF
- NCERT Book For Class 1 HIndi PDF
Check Out The Content Of NCERT Textbook For First Grade
Look into the contents as per the subject below.
|Unit 1||Shapes and Space|
|Unit 2||Numbers from One to Nine|
|Unit 5||Number from Ten to Twenty|
|Unit 8||Numbers from Twenty One to Fifty|
|Unit 9||Data Handling|
|Unit 13||How Many|
There are two books: 1) Marigold 2) Raindrops
1 ) Marigold
|Unit 1||(i) A Happy Child
(ii) Three Little Pigs
|Unit 2||(i) After a Bath
(ii) The Bubble, the Straw and the Shoe
|Unit 3||(i) One Little Kitten
(ii) Lalu and Peelu
|Unit 4||(i) Once I Saw a Little Bird
(ii) Mittu and the Yellow Mango
|Unit 5||(i) Merry-Go-Round
|Unit 6||(i) If I Were an Apple
(ii) Our Tree
|Unit 7||(i) A Kite
|Unit 8||(i) A Little Turtle
(ii) The Tiger and the Mosquito
|Unit 9||(i) Clouds
(ii) Anandi’s Rainbow
|Unit 10||(i) Flying Man|
|Unit 1||Clap, Clap, Clap|
|Unit 2||One Two|
|Unit 3||The Little Bird|
|Unit 6||Animals & Birds|
|Unit 7||Fruits and Vegetable|
|Unit 8||Who Am I ?|
|Unit 9||Hide and Seek|
|Unit 10||FUn with Numbers|
|Unit 14||Actions We Do|
|Unit 15||Left & Right|
|Unit 16||The Lion & The Mouse|
|Unit 17||Morning and Evening|
|Unit 18||May I Come In ?|
|Unit 19||Action Song|
|पाठ 1: झूला||पाठ 13: बंदर गया खेत में भाग|
|पाठ 2: आम की कहानी||पाठ 14: एक बुढ़िया|
|पाठ 3: आम की टोकरी||पाठ 15: मैं भी|
|पाठ 4: पत्ते ही पत्ते||पाठ 16: लालू और पीलू|
|पाठ 5: पकौड़ी||पाठ 17: चकई के चकदुम|
|पाठ 6: छुक-छुक गाड़ी||पाठ 18: छोटी का कमाल|
|पाठ 7: रसोईघर||पाठ 19: चार चने|
|पाठ 8: चूहो! म्याऊँ सो रही है||पाठ 20: भगदड़|
|पाठ 9: बंदर और गिलहरी||पाठ 21: हलीम चला चाँद पर|
|पाठ 10: पगड़ी||पाठ 22: हाथी चल्लम चल्लम|
|पाठ 11: पतंग||पाठ 23: सात पूँछ का चूहा|
|पाठ 12: गेंद-बल्ला|
How To Download The NCERT Class 1 Textbook?
In order to download the e-books of Class 1, one needs to follow certain steps. The steps are:
- Visit the official site of NCERT i.e https://ncert.nic.in/
- A home page will appear on the screen
- Locate “Publication” and from the drop down menu click on “PDF (I-XII)”
- Enter the “Select Class”, “Select Subject”, “Select Book Title” and click on “Go”
- Now click on the “Open” button if one has to go through individual chapter OR
- Click on the “Download Complete Book” which is at the end of the left hand corner sid
- Download or print the chapters as per your convenience.
Benefits Of Using The NCERT Books For Class 1
- Easy language: Language is easy and simple to understand. It helps the children to hold the grip on the content.
- Well Research & Depth Knowledge: Books are well researched in such a way that it captures the interest of the children.
- Follows CBSE curriculum: Those who study in CBSE board strictly adhere to the NCERT textbooks. Enough materials as per the class and subjects are provided along with the sample papers.
- Clears Fundamental Concept: The base of the academic study starts from Class 1 and NCERT books helps the children to clear their basic fundamental concept.
Class 1 Reading Skills & Activities
Class 1 is the phase of academic success where candidates constantly keep acquiring new skills such as reading things. When they start reading things, they have a better understanding of what is being read.
How 1st Grade Students Can Build Their Reading Skills?
- Reading the sentence by understanding the words, punctuation etc.
- Understanding the sound of the words.
- Reading of the longer words by breaking them up into smaller ones.
- Understanding of the different characters, texts etc.
- Learning the poems.
Class 1 Writing Skills & Activities
For many children writing is tougher than reading. This is because once they learn the alphabets, putting the alphabets together to make words and then sentences takes time.
How 1st Grade Students Can Build Their Writing Skills?
- By copying the content given in the text books.
- Solving the question and answer of the textbook and writing in the copy.
- Being crafty by making things such as family trees etc.
List Of Olympiads For Class 1
Olympiads hold a great importance as it provides a strong foundation from a young age. Through Olympiads young talent learn to hold a strong hold on different topics. It shapes the analytical skills of the children and reflects the presence of mind.
Class 1 children can attain the following Olympiads during their course time.
- Class 1 International Science Olympiad (ISO)
- Class 1 International Maths Olympiad (IMO)
- Class 1 English International Olympiad (EIO)
- Class 1 General Knowledge International Olympiad (GKIO)
- Class 1 International Computer Olympiad (ICO)
- Class 1 International Drawing Olympiad (IDO)
- Class 1 National Essay Olympiad (NESO)