NEST Exam 2020 Application Form submission has been extended till 19 April 2020. NEST 2020 is also known as the National Entrance Screening Test 2020. This entrance exam is conducted by NISER, Bhubaneshwar & UM-DAE CEBS (Mumbai) jointly at the national level once in a year. This entrance exam offer admission into 5-year Integrated M.Sc course in basic sciences – Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics at National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Center for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM–DAE CEBS), Mumbai. Interested candidates can go through the following article for the detailed information regarding NEST exam.
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Reva University Bengaluru Admissions Open Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- GNIOT group of Institutes Admissions 2020 Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Application Form submission has been extended till 19 April 2020.
- Exam will be conducted on 06 June 2020./su_highlight]
NEST Exam 2020 Important Dates
The important dates of the NEST exam is given below.
|Release of NEST 2020 Notification||04 January 2020|
|Release of Online Application Form||08 January 2020|
|Last date to fill the application form|
|Release of Admit card||24 April 2020|
|NEST 2020 Exam||06 June 2020|
|Announcement of Result||16 June 2020|
NEST 2020 Application Form
The detailed information regarding NEST Application form is given below.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about NEST Exam 2020: Application Form (Extended), Eligibility, Exam - Admissions
- The application form has been released from 08 January 2020.
- The last date of filling the form is 19 April 2020(Extended).
- Candidate can fill the form through online mode on the official website.
- Applicant has to fill the complete form because incomplete fill form will be rejected by the conducting body.
- Multiple forms of a single candidate will be rejected by the officials.
The category wise NEST application fee is given below.
|SC/ST and PWD||Rs.600/-|
Mode of Payment: Candidate has to pay their fee through online mode by credit card, debit card or net banking.
Note: NEST Application Form has been started.
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
MIT ADT University Admission
UPES Management Entrance Test
DIT University Admission
UPES Design Aptitude Test
GD Goenka DAT
Manav Rachna University
Shoolini University Admission
GNIOT Greater Noida
Lovely Professional University
How to fill the NEST Application Form?
The procedure for filling the application form is given below.
- Visit the official website. i.e. www.nestexam.in
- Click on ‘Registration’.
- Click on ‘Login’.
- Applicants have to fill the academic and personal details.
- Applicants have to enter the exam city preference while filling the NEST application form.
- Also, upload the copy of passport size photo and scanned image of the signature in .jpeg or .jpg format (size limit: 100 kb).
- Take the copy after the submission of the application fee.
NOTE: No request for refund will be entertained by the conducting body.
NEST 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the eligibility criteria given below to be eligible to sit in the NEST 2020 examination.
- Qualifying Exam: Applicants must have passed the 12th or equivalent exam from any recognized Board in the years 2018 or 2019 or be appearing in 2020.
- Subjects: Applicant should be from regular science stream with the only combination of minimum 3 subjects among Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics in classes 11th and 12th.
- Minimum Marks: Applicants must secure minimum 60% marks in aggregate in class 12th exam. Applicants from SCPWD/PWD categories, the minimum required marks is relaxed to 55% in aggregate.
- Age Limit:
- General and OBC category applicants should born on or after 01 August 2000.
- The age limit is relaxed by 5 yrs. for SC/ST/PWD applicants.
NEST 2020 Admit Card
The detailed information regarding the NEST Admit card is given below.
- The NEST admit will be available from 24 April 2020.
- It can be downloaded from the official portal.
- Applicants must bring the admit card along with school photo ID card or ID issued by Government to the examination hall.
- It is advised to take a copy of admit card because aspirants need to show the admit card during admission.
NEST 2020 Syllabus
The vital information regarding NEST Syllabus is given below.
- The NEST 2020 syllabus has been released.
- NEST 2020 primarily follows the class 11th and 12th science syllabus of NCERT/ CBSE Board.
NOTE: Click here to download the NEST Syllabus
NEST 2020 Exam Pattern
The detailed information regarding NEST Exam Pattern is given below.
|Type of Questions||Objective (MCQ) type questions|
|Total Marks||230 marks|
|Negative Marking||No negative marking|
|Section 1||General section||30|
National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) 2020
Following are the rules and minimum eligibility criteria for awarding a merit list rank in National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) 2020.
|PD (part of other categories)||5||1|
NEST 2020 Scoring System
The exam pattern and merit list preparation are listed here.
- In NEST 2020 examination, there would be a general section of 30 marks and four
subject sections of 50 marks each.
- And Aspirants can attempt ‘as many’ from the subject sections.
- Also, while preparing the merit list for admission, the score for the general section would be considered along with three best scores from the remaining subject sections. In other words, the worst score among sections 2 through 5 would be discarded during merit list calculation.
- As merit list calculation will be performed on marks obtained in the general section and
in (best) three subject sections, the ‘total’ marks for NEST 2020 becomes 180 (30 + 50 x
3 = 180).
NEST Result 2020
The detailed information regarding the NEST Result is given below.
- NEST result has been declared through online mode after the completion of the written exam.
- The result will be announced on 16 June 2020.
- A merit list of the applicants has been made after the declaration of result and released on NEST 2020 official website.
NEST 2020 Test Centers
There are approx 91 Test Centers for NEST 2020 examination. Given below is the list of exam centres with Code:
- Guntur [AP] 01
- Mangaluru (Mangalore) [KA] 25
- Angul [OD] 49
- Tirunelveli [TN] 73
- Kurnool [AP] 02
- Mysuru [KA] 26
- Balasore [OD] 50
- Hyderabad [TS] 74
- Rajahmundry [AP] 03
- Alappuzha [KL] 27
- Bargarh [OD] 51
- Karimnagar [TS] 75
- Tirupathi [AP] 04
- Ernakulam [KL] 28
- Baripada [OD] 52
- Warangal [TS] 76
- Vijayawada [AP] 05
- Idukki [KL] 29
- Berhampur-Ganjam [OD] 53
- Agartala [TR] 77
- Visakhapatnam [AP] 06
- Kannur [KL] 30
- Bhubaneswar [OD] 54
- Allahabad [UP] 78
- Vizianagaram [AP] 07
- Kasaragod [KL] 31
- Cuttack [OD] 55
- Kanpur [UP] 79
- Guwahati [AS] 08
- Kollam [KL] 32
- Dhenkanal [OD] 56
- Lucknow [UP] 80
- Patna [BR] 09
- Kottayam [KL] 33
- Jharsuguda [OD] 57
- Noida [UP] 81
- Chandigarh [CH] 10
- Kozhikode [KL] 34
- Khurda [OD] 58
- Varanasi [UP] 82
- Bhilai Nagar [CG] 11
- Malappuram [KL] 35
- Rayagada [OD] 59
- Dehradun [UK] 83
- Raipur [CG] 12
- Palakkad [KL] 36
- Rourkela [OD] 60
- Haldwani [UK] 84
- New Delhi [DL] 13
- Pathanamthitta [KL] 37
- Sambalpur [OD] 61
- Roorkee [UK] 85
- Ahmedabad [GJ] 14
- Thiruvananthapuram [KL] 38
- Bhatinda [PB] 62
- Asansol [WB] 86
- Hamirpur [HP] 15
- Thrissur [KL] 39
- Jalandhar [PB] 63
- Burdwan [WB] 87
- Shimla [HP] 16
- Bhopal [MP] 40
- Mohali [PB] 64
- Durgapur [WB] 88
- Jammu [JK] 17
- Gwalior [MP] 41
- Jaipur [RJ] 65
- Hooghly [WB] 89
- Srinagar [JK] 18
- Indore [MP] 42
- Jodhpur [RJ] 66
- Kolkata [WB] 90
- Bokaro [JH] 19
- Jabalpur [MP] 43
- Udaipur [RJ] 67
- Siliguri [WB] 91
- Dhanbad [JH] 20
- Mumbai [MH] 44
- Chennai [TN] 68
- Jamshedpur [JH] 21
- Nagpur [MH] 45
- Coimbatore [TN] 69
- Ranchi [JH] 22
- Pune [MH] 46
- Madurai [TN] 70
- Bengaluru [KA] 23
- Imphal [MN] 47
- Salem [TN] 71
- Hubballi [KA] 24
- Shillong [ML] 48
- Tiruchirappalli [TN] 72
Section-wise and total cut–off marks
The Section-wise and total cutoff marks are published along with the NEST Exam 2020 information brochure. And, each candidate’s total score should be the direct sum of his/her score in the general section and his/her best three scores in the subject sections. Section-wise and total cut–off marks
NEST Exam 2020 Ranking
National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) Exam 2020 Admission
The institutes may restrict a number of students invited for admission to some reasonable limit. Getting a merit rank by satisfying SMAS and MAS criteria does not automatically entitle a candidate to be called for admission/counselling. Please note: NEST committee reserves the right to relax any of the defined cut-offs in extenuating circumstances.
The admitted students are eligible to get an annual scholarship of 60000 rs from INSPIRE project of DST or DISHA. read the information booklet for detailed information on the scholarship.
NISER and CEBS
Both are autonomous institutions, And Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India, established NISER and CEBS in 2007. NISER is an off-campus centre of Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI) and all academic programmes of NISER are affiliated to HBNI.
NEST Exam 2020 Official Notification
The National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) dates have appeared on the official website, whereas NEST exam dates, application form dates and exam fees are published. For the latest updates, stay in touch with the official page. the official link is given below.
Important Information regarding NEST 2020
|Name of Examination||National Entrance Screening Test (NEST).|
|Exam Conducting Body||National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER).|
|Institutes||National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Center for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM–DAE CEBS), Mumbai.|
|Courses||5 years of Integrated M.Sc course.|
Direct Admission to Five Year Integrated M.Sc. Course at UM DAE CEBS
In addition to admission through NEST examination, UM-DAE CEBS will also admit students through the following routes:
- A. Through Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana – KVPY
- B. Through National Science Olympiads (Supernumery)
- Admission open from April 10 to June 20
- Last date of application: June 20, 2020 1700 hrs IST