NEST Exam 2020: The NEST 2020 The National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is conducted by the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER). And, it is admission test for NISER Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai. Also, It is a compulsory test for admission to the 5 year Integrated M.Sc course in basic sciences – Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics – at National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Center for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM–DAE CEBS), Mumbai. Finally, the online application form for NEST 2020 will be available in January 2020.
Upcoming Application Form
- CBSE 10th & 12th Board Dates Apply Now
NEST 2020 Exam Date: Integrated MSc programme 2020–21
Given below are the dates regarding the NEST 2020 exam for MSc organ NEST Admit Card will be released on April 2020. Getting a merit rank by satisfying SMAS & MAS criteria does not automatically entitle a candidate to be called for counselling issued by NISER. Make sure to be updated with it and follow them.
|Notification Published in News Paper on||January 2020|
|Detailed information to be announced on||January 2020|
|Commencement of Application Form||January 2020|
|Last date for Online Registration||March 2020|
|Admit Card Downloading Begins||April 2020|
|NEST 2020 Exam Date||June 2020|
|Result Announcement||June 2020|
NEST Exam 2020 Official Notification
The National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) dates have appeared on the official website, whereas NEST exam dates, application form dates and exam fees are published. For the latest updates, stay in touch with the official page. the official link is given below.
NEST 2020 Application Form 2020
- Applicants have to register online on the official website to fill an online application form.
- The registration will start in January 2020.
- The NEST application form can be filled till March 2020.
- After click on ‘Registration’ and ‘Login’ applicants have to fill the academic and personal details.
- Applicants have to enter the exam city preference while filling the NEST application form.
- Also, upload the copy of passport size photo and scanned image of the signature in .jpeg or .jpg format (size limit: 100 kb).
- Take the copy after the submission of the application fee.
- The application fee for General and OBC (Male) is Rs. 1200 (Rs. 600/- SC/ST)
- For Female, SC/ST and PWD category applicants Rs. 500/-.
- Application fee can be paid via SBI payment gateway. It can also be paid using debit cards/credit cards issued by all major banks or via net banking facility.
NEST 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the eligibility criteria given below to be eligible to sit in the NEST 2020 examination.
- Qualifying Exam: Applicants must have passed the 12th or equivalent exam from any recognized Board in the years 2017 or 2018 or be appearing in 2020.
- Subjects: Applicant should be from regular science stream with the only combination of minimum 3 subjects among Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics in classes 11th and 12th.
- Minimum Marks: Applicants must secure minimum 60% marks in aggregate in class 12th exam. Applicants from SCPWD/PWD categories, the minimum required marks is relaxed to 55% in aggregate.
- Age Limit: General and OBC category applicants should born on or after 01 August 1999.
- The age limit is relaxed by 5 yrs. for SC/ST/PWD applicants.
NEST Admit Card 2020
- The NEST admit will be available in April 2020.
- It can be downloaded from the official portal.
- Applicants must bring the admit card along with school photo ID card or ID issued by Government to the examination hall.
- It is advised to take a copy of admit card because aspirants need to show the admit card during admission.
NEST 2020 Syllabus PDF
The NEST 2020 syllabus has been released. NEST 2020 primarily follows the class 11th and 12th science syllabus of NCERT/ CBSE Board. The NEST Exam syllabus PDF with detailed subject wise, topic wise information can also be downloaded on the www.nestexam.in website under the ‘Syllabus’ or here >> NEST 2020 Brochure Syllabus PDF.
NEST 2020 Exam Pattern
- Mode: Online (CBT) mode.
- Duration: 3 hours.
- Type of Questions: Objective (MCQ) type questions
- Total Marks: 230 marks.
- Language: English only.
- Sections: The question paper will consist of 5 sections, each of the section will be 50 marks but the general section will carry 30 marks.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking in section 1. There is negative marking in other sections for answering wrong.
|Section 1||General section||30|
National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) 2020
Following are the rules and minimum eligibility criteria for awarding a merit list rank in National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) 2020.
Important Exam Update
- Updates Regarding JEE Main 2020
|PD (part of other categories)||5||1|
Important Information regarding NEST 2020
|Name of Examination||National Entrance Screening Test (NEST).|
|Exam Conducting Body||National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER).|
|Institutes||National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Center for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM–DAE CEBS), Mumbai.|
|Courses||5 years Integrated M.Sc course.|
Scoring system or Exam Pattern
The exam pattern and merit list preparation are listed here.
1. In NEST 2020 examination, there would be a general section of 30 marks and four
subject sections of 50 marks each.
2. And Aspirants can attempt ‘as many’ from the subject sections.
3. Also, While preparing the merit list for admission, the score for the general section would be considered along with three best scores from the remaining subject sections. In other words, the worst score among sections 2 through 5 would be discarded during merit list calculation.
4. As merit list calculation will be performed on marks obtained in the general section and
in (best) three subject sections, the ‘total’ marks for NEST 2020 becomes 180 (30 + 50 x
3 = 180).
NEST Result 2020
- NEST result has been declared through online mode after the completion of the written exam.
- The result will be announced in June 2020.
- A merit list of the applicants has been made after the declaration of result and released on NEST 2020 official website.
NEST 2020 Test Centers
There are approx 91 Test Centers for NEST 2020 examination. Given below is the list of exam centers with Code:
- Guntur [AP] 01
- Mangaluru (Mangalore) [KA] 25
- Angul [OD] 49
- Tirunelveli [TN] 73
- Kurnool [AP] 02
- Mysuru [KA] 26
- Balasore [OD] 50
- Hyderabad [TS] 74
- Rajahmundry [AP] 03
- Alappuzha [KL] 27
- Bargarh [OD] 51
- Karimnagar [TS] 75
- Tirupathi [AP] 04
- Ernakulam [KL] 28
- Baripada [OD] 52
- Warangal [TS] 76
- Vijayawada [AP] 05
- Idukki [KL] 29
- Berhampur-Ganjam [OD] 53
- Agartala [TR] 77
- Visakhapatnam [AP] 06
- Kannur [KL] 30
- Bhubaneswar [OD] 54
- Allahabad [UP] 78
- Vizianagaram [AP] 07
- Kasaragod [KL] 31
- Cuttack [OD] 55
- Kanpur [UP] 79
- Guwahati [AS] 08
- Kollam [KL] 32
- Dhenkanal [OD] 56
- Lucknow [UP] 80
- Patna [BR] 09
- Kottayam [KL] 33
- Jharsuguda [OD] 57
- Noida [UP] 81
- Chandigarh [CH] 10
- Kozhikode [KL] 34
- Khurda [OD] 58
- Varanasi [UP] 82
- Bhilai Nagar [CG] 11
- Malappuram [KL] 35
- Rayagada [OD] 59
- Dehradun [UK] 83
- Raipur [CG] 12
- Palakkad [KL] 36
- Rourkela [OD] 60
- Haldwani [UK] 84
- New Delhi [DL] 13
- Pathanamthitta [KL] 37
- Sambalpur [OD] 61
- Roorkee [UK] 85
- Ahmedabad [GJ] 14
- Thiruvananthapuram [KL] 38
- Bhatinda [PB] 62
- Asansol [WB] 86
- Hamirpur [HP] 15
- Thrissur [KL] 39
- Jalandhar [PB] 63
- Burdwan [WB] 87
- Shimla [HP] 16
- Bhopal [MP] 40
- Mohali [PB] 64
- Durgapur [WB] 88
- Jammu [JK] 17
- Gwalior [MP] 41
- Jaipur [RJ] 65
- Hooghly [WB] 89
- Srinagar [JK] 18
- Indore [MP] 42
- Jodhpur [RJ] 66
- Kolkata [WB] 90
- Bokaro [JH] 19
- Jabalpur [MP] 43
- Udaipur [RJ] 67
- Siliguri [WB] 91
- Dhanbad [JH] 20
- Mumbai [MH] 44
- Chennai [TN] 68
- Jamshedpur [JH] 21
- Nagpur [MH] 45
- Coimbatore [TN] 69
- Ranchi [JH] 22
- Pune [MH] 46
- Madurai [TN] 70
- Bengaluru [KA] 23
- Imphal [MN] 47
- Salem [TN] 71
- Hubballi [KA] 24
- Shillong [ML] 48
- Tiruchirappalli [TN] 72
Section wise and total cut–off marks
The Section-wise and total cutoff marks are published along with NEST Exam 2020 information brochure. And, each candidate’s total score should be the direct sum of his/her score in the general section and his/her best three scores in the subject sections. Section wise and total cut–off marks
NEST Exam 2020 Ranking
National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) Exam 2020 Admission
The institutes may restrict a number of students invited for admission to some reasonable limit. Getting a merit rank by satisfying SMAS and MAS criteria does not automatically entitle a candidate to be called for admission/counseling. Please note: NEST committee reserves the right to relax any of the defined cut-offs in extenuating circumstances.
The admitted students are eligible to get an annual scholarship of 60000 rs from INSPIRE project of DST or DISHA. read the information booklet for detailed information on the scholarship.
NISER and CEBS
Both are autonomous institutions, And Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India, established NISER and CEBS in 2007. NISER is an off-campus center of Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI) and all academic programmes of NISER are affiliated to HBNI.