NIMCET 2023 or National Institute of Technology Master of Computer Applications Common Entrance Test is conducted by the National Institute of Technology (NIT’s) on a rotational basis. This is a national-level exam conducted once a year. The shortlisted candidate will get admission into Masters in Computer Application Programme. NIMCET Result is used to give admission in the NITs at Agartala, Allahabad, Jamshedpur, Bhopal, Calicut, Kurukshetra, Patna, Surathkal, Raipur, Tiruchirappalli (Trichy), and Warangal. Interested candidates can go through the following article for detailed information regarding the NIMCET exam.
Admission Open 2023
- Top University & Colleges Official Links, Application & Scholarship Forms.
NIMCET 2023 Status
|Exam Notification||to be announced|
|Exam Date||to be announced|
|Brochure pdf||yet to release|
NIMCET 2023 Important Dates
The important dates of the NIMCET exam are given below.
|NIMCET 2023 Application Form release date||11 March 2023 (10 :00 am)|
|Last date to fill out the Application Form||07 April 2023|
|Admit Card release date||May 2023|
|NIMCET 2023 Exam Date||May 2023|
|Result Declaration||June 2023|
|Choice filling and upload of the latest documents, if
required by the candidate
|First Round of Allotment||June 2023|
|First round of remote reporting in person in any of the
|Second round of Allotment/upgradation||July 2023|
|Second round of remote reporting in person||July 2023|
|Third round of allotment/up-gradation||July 2023|
|Third round of reporting in person||August 2023|
|Announcement of vacant seats||August 2023|
|Fresh Choice Filling||September 2023|
|Final round of Seat allotment||September 2023|
|Final round of reporting at the allotted institute||October 2023|
These are the officially announced dates of the NIMCET exam. Candidates can keep visiting this page for the latest updates as notifies by the officials.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about NIMCET 2023: Dates, Application form, Syllabus - Admissions
NIMCET 2023 Application Form
The detailed information regarding NIMCET Application form is given below.
- The application form window will open tentatively in the month of March.
- The form will be released on the official website through online mode.
- The candidate has to fill the registration form carefully because there is no provision for the correction window.
- They must make the fee payment to complete the registration.
NIMCET 2023 Application Fee
The vital information regarding NIMCET Application fee is given below.
Mode of Payment: Applicants have to pay their application fee by online mode through credit card, debit card or net banking.
NOTE: This fee is non-refundable in any circumstance.
How to fill the NIMCET 2023 Application Form?
The Steps for filling the NIT MCA Common Entrance Test is given below.
- Step 1- Register on the NIMCET official website with login, password. Fill all the online form details asked.
- Step 2- Pay the application processing fees before submitting the online application form.
- Step 3- Unique application numbers will be generated after the successful submission of the application form.
- Step 4- Furthermore, the candidates are advised to quote this unique application number for all future correspondences.
- Step 5- Finally, Applicants must send the generated application form with fees e-receipt.
NIMCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for NIT MCA Common Entrance Test 2023 is given below.
Nationality: The candidate should be an Indian.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must possess B.Sc.(Hons)/ B.Sc./ BIT/ BCA/ B.Tech/ B.E from a recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Subjects: The candidate must have passed the qualifying exam with one of the subjects of Mathematics or Statistics.
- Qualifying Marks: The candidate must have obtained a minimum aggregate of 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in the qualifying exam. For SC/ST candidates 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA.
- Appearing: Student appearing in the last year of their qualifying exam can also apply.
- Age Criteria: No upper or lower age limit for the exam.
NIMCET 2023 Exam Pattern
The detailed information regarding NIMCET Exam Pattern is given below.
|Exam Mode||Offline mode(PBT)|
|Number of Questions||120 Questions|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Question|
|Time Duration||120 minutes|
|Sections||Four sections- Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Mathematics, General English and Computer Awareness|
|Total Marks||480 marks|
|Marking Scheme||04 marks will be awarded for each correct answer|
|Negative marking||01 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer|
The details regarding the distribution of questions and marks for various sections:
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum Marks|
|Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning||40||160|
|Total||120 questions||480 marks|
NIMCET 2023 Syllabus
The detailed information regarding the NIMCET Syllabus is given below
- Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning: The questions in this section will be asked to test the student’s aptitude in logical situations.
- Mathematics: This section will contain questions from the following topics – Algebra, Trigonometry, Calculus, Coordinate Geometry, Set theory, vectors, probability and statistics.
- General English: This section will contain questions from the following topics – Basic English Grammar, Vocabulary, Technical Writing, Synonyms and Antonyms, Meaning of Idioms and Phrases, Comprehension, Word Power etc.
- Computer Awareness: This section will contain questions from the following topics – Basics of Computer, Binary Arithmetic, Data Representation, etc.
NIMCET 2023 Preparation Tips
The tips to prepare for the NIMCET Exam are given below:
- The candidate may check the complete syllabus and exam pattern.
- Make a study time table and prepare accordingly.
- Gather complete syllabus and study material.
- Make short notes and revise them regularly.
- Solve previous year papers and sample papers.
- At last, keep your mind fresh and calm until the preparation.
Reference Books for NIMCET 2023
The list of books that can student can refer to is given below.
|Name of the Book||Author|
|A Comprehensive Guide for M.C.A. Entrance Examination||R.S. Agarwal & Deepak Agarwal|
|A Concise English Grammar||A Concise English Grammar|
|A Modern Approach to Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|A Text Book on Calculus||S. K. Goyal|
|Advance General English||H. S. Bhatia|
|All about Reasoning (Verbal)||Anjani A Gupta|
|Arihant MCA Entrance Test||Amit M. Agarwal|
|Arithmetic for Competitive Examinations||Jain & Sharma|
|Barron’s Military Flight Aptitude Tests||Terry L. Duran|
|Common Errors in English||Abul Hashem|
|English Reading Comprehension||Anjani A Gupta|
|Excel With Objective Book for NIMCET||J.B Dixit, Ruchi Sharma and Ashish Mangal|
|General English||Abul Hashem|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||A. K. Gupta|
|MCA Entrance Test (Self Study Guide)||Amit M. Agarwal|
|Mental Ability Tests||Dr.Lal & Jain|
|Test of English Language||RPH Editorial Board|
|Non-Verbal Reasoning||B. S. Sijwali & Indu Sijwali|
|Numerical Ability & Mathematical Aptitude||Dr A.B. Ra|
|Objective General English||Anjani A Gupta|
|Objective Mathematics||M. L. Khanna|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Rita Mishra|
|The Aptitude Test Workbook||Jim Barrett|
NIMCET 2023 Admit Card
The vital information regarding NIMCET Admit Card is given below.
- NIMCET Admit Card will release on on the official website.
- Candidate can download the admit card from the official website through online mode.
- No aspirant will receive their scorecard through offline mode(post).
- Candidate has to carry their admit card on the in the examination hall.
- No student will allow sitting in the exam without hall ticket.
NIMCET 2023 Exam Centres
The list of the NIMCET exam centres is given below
|Jammu and Kashmir||Srinagar|
The list of NITs participating is given below along with address.
|Name of Institute||Address|
|National Institute of Technology (Nit Agartala)||Jirania, Agartala-799046, West Tripura|
|National Institute of Technology, Calicut (NIT Calicut)||NIT Campus P.O.- Calicut, Kerala-673601|
|National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK Surathkal)||Surathkal P.O. Srinivasnagar, Mangalore – 575025 (Karnataka)|
|National Institute of Technology, Durgapur (NIT Durgapur)||Durgapur, West Bengal PIN- 713209|
|Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology (MANIT Bhopal )||Bhopal – 462051 (MP)|
|National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur (NIT Jamshedpur)||Jamshedpur – 831014|
|National Institute of Technology (NIT Trichy)||Tiruchirappalli – 620015 (Tamilnadu)|
|National Institute of Technology, Warangal (NIT Warangal)||Warangal – 506004, Telangana, India|
|National Institute of Technology, Raipur (NIT Raipur)||G.E. Road, Raipur -492010|
|National Institute of Technology (NIT Kurukshetra)||Kurukshetra-136119|
|Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology (MNNIT Allahabad)||Allahabad – 211004|
MCA Seats In Participating Institutes
NIMCET 2023 Highlight
The highlight of the NIMCET is given below.
|Exam Name||NIMCET 2023|
|Full Name||NIT MCA Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||National Institute of Technology|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Frequency of Exam||Once|
|NIMCET Official Website||https://www.nimcet.in/|
Where can I get admission through NIMCET 2020?
Candidates who qualify NIMCET exam get admission into MCA course offered by National Institutes of Technology.
Can the registered email ID be changed after completion of registration process?
No, once registered, no changes can be made to the email ID.
Is it mandatory to enter aadhaar number?
No, candidates who do not have aadhaar card can opt for some other govt. issued ID.
Do I need to share my category certificate?
Yes, candidates of SC/ST/OBC categories have to share their certificates while filling the application form.
hello my name is rakesh,and i completed my bsc degree with 79% and my ssc done with 82% ,but my 12th marks are only 56% now im i eligible or not ?