NIOS Admission 2021: The last date for Online Admission Stream -1 (Block-1)for Academic session 2021-22 and Open Basic Education (OBE) has been extended till 30 September 2021. NIOS Admission is conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS). It facilitates learners to register because of its flexibility in choices of subjects, admission, and examination. NIOS provides educational opportunities to those who wish to study further. The Mission is to provide education to all with special concern for girls and women, working men and women, rural youth, SCs and ST, etc who because of some reasons could not continue their education in the formal system of education. Read the post to get an idea about the NIOS Registration procedure.
The last date for Online Admission Stream -1(Block-1)for Academic session 2021-22 and Open Basic Education(OBE) has been extended till 30 September 2021. Click Here
NIOS Admission 2021 Dates
Candidates who were deprived of formal education and want to complete their education through NIOS must be aware of the important dates of the events. Check the NIOS Academic session 2021-22 date in the table mentioned below.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about NIOS Admission 2021: Block I Application Form (Extended), Exam Scheme - Admissions
|Block for Dates of Online Admission||Dates of Online Admission Stream-1||Fee||Examination in which the students can appear the first time|
|Block -1 (April/May, 2021)||
|Block -2 (October/November 2021)||
NIOS 2021 Application Form
In order to successfully complete the application process, one need to follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the official website of NIOS Admission i.e www.nios.ac.in or the Student Portal of NIOS sdmis.nios.ac.in
- There are four streams of Online admission, a learner can opt for only one.
- Click on the “ “Register” button.
- Read the important instructions and a declaration about the stream applying for.
- Select the State/UT from where the candidates belong to.
- Select the Identity type such as Date of Birth Certificate, Aadhaar Number, Aadhaar Enrolment ID, Passport Number, Ration Card Number, Bank Account Number etc.
- Enter the valid Identity Document Number. They also need to upload the scanned colour copy of the selected original Identity Document.
- Select the Course (Secondary or Senior Secondary) for which candidates are applying.
- After entering all the details correctly and successful Authentication the data, candidates will be redirected to the Admission Form.
Step 2: Fill the Application Form
- Enter the details such as Basic Details, Subjects selection, Optional Details, Study Centre selection and documents section.
- Enter the Father’s and Mother’s Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Aadhaar Number or any valid govt. identity No., a valid email and mobile number.
- Generate OTP on the Mobile Number and email address.
- After the successful authentication of the email id and mobile number, the candidates can fill in the other details like Postal and Permanent Address and details about Medium of Study, Social Category/Caste, etc.
- Enter the details such as Family Income, Qualification of Father and Mother etc.
- For the Senior Secondary course, candidates have to enter the details of his/her previous qualification (Class 10th).
- Enter the Board exam, Roll No., and the Year in which you appeared in the last examination.
- Select the subjects studied for the Board Examination and enter the marks obtained in Theory and Practical exams.
- Candidates have to select the subject for which they want to apply in NIOS.
- Select the study centre and give a maximum of 3 preferences.
- The Study Centre will be on the basis of Course opted, Medium, and Gender etc.
Step 3: Upload The Scanned Documents
Upload the documents such as images of photographs and signatures in the prescribed format and size.
Step 4: Payment of the application fee
- Pay the payment in an online mode available through Payment Gateways like IDBI, UBI, ICICI, HDFC Bank etc.CSC wallet can be used by CSC Village Level Entrepreneur.
- Make the payment in the limited time frame. After the end of the dates, no entertainment will take place further.
- Application fee for secondary subject: Rs. 480/- per subject
- Application fee for Sr. secondary subject: Rs. 480/- per subject
Note: After successful verification of the documents, admission fee and the information submitted, admission will be confirmed. An enrolment Number will be generated and sent to the candidate through email and mobile no.
Documents Required To Fill the NIOS Online Admission
- Recent Passport size color Photograph
- Signature with black ink in a white background
- Valid identity proof (eg Aadhaar Card or Ration card or Passport etc.)
- Valid Date of Birth proof (like Aadhaar Card with date of birth printed on it in the dd/mm/yyyy format Residence proof (eg Aadhaar Card with complete address printed on it, valid Passport etc.).
- Address proof i.e. Electricity Bill/Aadhaar Card/Water Bill/Voter ID/Ration Card
- For secondary course: Class 8th marksheet
- For senior secondary course class 10th marksheet
- Social category/Caste certificate (if any).
- Ex-serviceman certificate (if any)
- Disability certificate (if any)
NIOS Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Admission Eligibility Criteria for Secondary level
For Stream-1 (Block-I) Streams 2,3&4: The minimum age to take admission in the Secondary Course is 14 years as on 31st July 2021 (born on or before 31/07/2007)
A self-certificate “I have studied enough to be able to pursue secondary course” is also eligible for admission
Stream-1 (Block-II): The minimum age to take admission in the Secondary Course is 14 years as on 31st January 2022 (born on or before 31/01/2008)
Supporting Documents for Date of Birth: (i) Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Authority or the District Office of the Registrar of Births and Deaths for those born on or after 26.01.1989. OR
(ii) Passport OR
(iii) Original Transfer Certificate reflecting applicant’s date of birth, issued by the last attended school by the applicant. In the case of Govt. schools, the TC should be signed by the Principal while in the case of Private schools, it should be signed by the authority of the State/or District Education Officer. OR
(iv) Aadhaar Card issued by the concerned Agency of Govt. of India.
Admission Eligibility Criteria for Sr. Secondary level
For Stream-1 (Block-I) Streams 2,3&4: The minimum age to take admission in the Secondary Course is 15 years as of 31st July 2021 (born on or before 31/07/2006)
Stream-1 (Block-II): The minimum age to take admission in the Secondary Course is 14 years as of 31st January 2022 (born on or before 31/01/2007)
The candidates must have passed the Secondary course from a recognized Board.
Supporting Documents for Date of Birth: Matriculation certificate / Secondary Examination certificate indicating the Date of Birth. (No other proof of age will be accepted for Sr. Secondary admission).
- Minimum Educational Qualification
- Secondary: Certificate of Class VIII pass, or Self Certificate
- Sr. Secondary: Certificate of the Secondary Examination passed from a recognized Board of Secondary Education.
Secondary course: A minimum of 33% marks in the aggregate (Theory plus practical wherever applicable) in the Public Examination. Internal Assessment marks will be shown separately in the Marksheet.
Sr Secondary course: A minimum of 33% marks in the aggregate (Theory plus practical wherever applicable) in the Public Examination. Internal Assessment marks will be shown separately in the Marksheet.
Residential Proof is required.
- Proof of the permanent address is a must.
NIOS Admission 2021 Exam Pattern
Check the schemes of the examination that reflects the subject code, maximum marks, exam duration, etc.
|Code & Subject||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|201 Hindi||100||3 hrs|
|202 English||100||3 hrs|
|206 Urdu||100||3 hrs|
|209 Sanskrit||100||3 hrs|
|203 Bengali||100||3 hrs|
|204 Marathi||100||3 hrs|
|205 Telugu||100||3 hrs|
|207 Gujarati||100||3 hrs|
|208 Kannada||100||3 hrs|
|210 Punjabi||100||3 hrs|
|228 Assamese||100||3 hrs|
|231 Nepali||100||3 hrs|
|232 Malayalam||100||3 hrs|
|233 Odia||100||3 hrs|
|235 Arabic||100||3 hrs|
|236 Persian||100||3 hrs|
|237 Tamil||100||3 hrs|
|238 Sindhi||100||3 hrs|
|211 Mathematics (Th) (Pr)||85
|2 hr 30 min
|212 Science & Technology (Th) (Pr)||8515||2 hr 30 min3 hr|
|213 Social Science||100||3 hr|
|214 Economics||100||3 hr|
|215 Business Studies||100||3 hr|
|216 Home Science (Th) (Pr)||85
|2 hr 30 min
|222 Psychology||100||3 hr|
|223 Indian Culture and Heritage||100||3 hr|
|224 Accountancy||100||3 hr|
|225 Painting (Th) (Pr)||30
|1 hr 30 min
|229 Data Entry Operations (E ) (Th) (Pr)||4060||2 hr 2 hr|
|242 Hindustani Sangeet (Th) (Pr)||4060||2 hr 2 hr|
|243 Carnatic Sangeet (Th) (Pr)||4060||2 hr 2 hr|
|245 Veda Adhyyan||100||3 hr|
|246 Sanskrit Vyakarana#||100||3 hr|
|247 Bharatiya Darshan||100||3 hr|
|248 Sanskrit Sahitya#||100||3 hr|
|249 Entrepreneurship||100||3 hr|
|Code & Subject||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|301 Hindi||100||3 hr|
|302 English||100||3 hr|
|306 Urdu||100||3 hr|
|309 Sanskrit||100||3 hr|
|307 Gujarati||100||3 hr|
|303 Bengali||100||3 hr|
|304 Tamil||100||3 hr|
|305 Odia||100||3 hr|
|310 Punjabi||100||3 hr|
|341 Arabic||100||3 hr|
|342 Persian||100||3 hr|
|343 Malayalam||100||3 hr|
|311 Mathematics||100||3 hrs|
|321 Home Science (Th) (Pr)||80
|316 Geography (Th) (Pr)||80
|318 Economics||100||3 hrs|
|319 Commerce/Business Studies||100||3 hrs|
|328 Psychology||100||3 hrs|
|332 Painting (Th) (Pr)||30
|1 hr 30 min
|336 Data Entry Operations (Th) (Pr)||4060||2 hr2 hr|
|376 Early Childhood Care and Education||100||3 hrs|
|345 Veda Adhyyan#||100||3 hrs|
|346 Sanskrit Vyakarana#||100||3 hrs|
|347 Bharatiya Darshan#||100||3 hrs|
|348 Sanskrit Sahitya||100||3 hrs|
|312 Physics (Th) (Pr)||80
|315 History||100||3 hrs|
|333 Enviornmental Science (Th) (Pr)||8020||3 hrs|
|339 Library and Information Science
|313 Chemistry (Th) (Pr||80
|317 Political Science||100||3 hrs|
|335 Mass Communication (Th)
|374 Military Studies||100||3 hrs|
| 314 Biology (Th)
|320 Accountancy||100||3 hrs|
|338 Introduction to Law||100||3 hrs|
|375 Military History||100||3 hrs|
|330 Computer Science (Th)
|331 Sociology||100||3 hrs|
|337 Tourism||100||3 hrs|
| 373 Physical Education and Yog (Th)
NIOS Admission 2021 Admit Card
Those who are going to participate in the Public Examination then have to download the NIOS admit card. The admit card will be available in an online mode at the official site of NIOS or the student login id. It is mandatory for the registered candidates to download and take the print of the admit card.
NIOS Previous Years Papers
Solve the NIOS previous year’s paper to boost the preparation level. Previous years papers help the candidates to be well acquainted with the types of questions asked in the exam. Thus, the paper also helps to evaluate the weaker and stronger zone, and thus the candidates prepare accordingly.
NIOS Admission 2021 Answer Key
NIOS answer key will be out in an online mode. One can evaluate the marks before the declaration of the final result. To check the answer key one must be aware of the scheme of the exam. If someone wants to re-evaluate the key then they have to pay a certain amount as per the question. After solving the issue, the final key is released.
NIOS Admission 2021 Result
The result reflects the final selection of the candidates. Thus it shows that candidates have been qualified for admission in the NIOS as per the selected courses. One can view the result by logging into the account. Download the result for further use.
Cancellation of NIOS Admission 2021
There are several reasons through which the candidate’s admission can be cancelled. So take the proper note of the documents and things required carefully. Reasons for the cancellation are:
- Online Admission Form is incomplete
- The application fee payment is incomplete
- The essential supporting documents not entered
- Submission of the false documents or incorrect or wrong information
- Educational qualifications are not fulfilled
- The minimum age criterion is not fulfilled
- The Secondary examination is not passed from a recognised Board
- No residential proof
NIOS Admission 2021 Fee Details
Candidates can check the fee details from the table mentioned below:
|Course||General Category||Exempted Category*|
Persons with Disabilities(PWD)
|(i) for 5 subjects||Rs. 1800/-||Rs. 1450/-||Rs. 1200/-|
|(ii) for each additional subject||Rs. 720/-||Rs. 720/-||Rs. 720/-|
|Senior Secondary Course|
|(i) for 5 subjects||Rs. 2000/-||Rs. 1650/-||Rs. 1300/-|
|(ii) for each additional subject||Rs. 720/-||Rs. 720/-||Rs. 720/-|
Fee for Dual Enrolment / Part Admission / TOC (Stream -1)
|Secondary and Sr. Secondary Registration fee (Per subject)||Rs. 480/-|
|Secondary, cost of Course Material for each Subject||Rs. 360/-|
|Senior Secondary, cost of Course Material for each Subject||Rs. 400/-|
Fee for Streams – 2, 3 and 4
|Registration fee (Stream 2,3 and 4)||Fees (in rupees)|
|Secondary and Sr. Secondary (per subject) Stream 2,3 and 4 for all categories||Rs. 480/- (per subject)|
Transfer of Credit (TOC) Fee for all Streams
|TOC Fee for||Fees (in rupees)|
|Secondary and Sr. Secondary (per subject)||Rs. 180/- (per subject)|
Change of subject / additional subject for All Streams
|Fees for Change of subject / additional subject||Fees (in rupees)|
|Secondary Courses (per subject)||Rs. 720/-|
|Sr. Secondary Courses (per subject)||Rs. 720/-|
NIOS Admission 2021 Overview
|Full Exam Name||National Institute of Open Schooling|
|Short Exam Name||NIOS|
|Conducting Body||NIOS (An autonomous body)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
National Institute of Open Schooling
NIOS gives the candidates the freedom to learn, flexibly.
- Choice of Subjects: Candidates can choose subjects of his/her choice keeping the passing criteria in view.
- Admission: Various streams are available for the candidates applying for NIOS. There are various Study Centre, Regional Centre, Facilitation Centre, for the Secondary and Senior Secondary Education Courses.
- Examination: The Public Examinations are held twice a year. Within the validity of 5 years, nine examination chances are there.
- On-Demand Examination: Candidates can give the on-demand exam at the Regional Centres of NIOS, and at designated Kendriya Vidyalayas across India. One is eligible for On-Demand Examination after the first public examination.
The importance is just like formal education. One can pursue a higher degree course through the NIOS certificate. Candidates can further apply in IITs, the Delhi University, the Jamia Hamdard, the Aligarh Muslim University, the Punjab University, the Jamia Millia Islamia, the Allahabad University, and many other reputed institutions.
- Transfer of Credits: NIOS acknowledges up to two subjects passed from International, National, and State Boards of Examination / State Open Schools with whom NIOS has entered into agreements.
- Recognized Quality Education: The NIOS provides the Secondary and the Senior Secondary level certificates, which are equivalent to the certificates provided by any other Board of School Education.
NIOS Online Admission FAQs
Ques 1: How many streams can I apply in NIOS?
Ques 2: What is the frequency of the NIOS?
Ans: Twice in a year.
Ques 3: What is the mode of the NIOS admission application form?
Ques 4: What is the mode of the NIOS application fee payment?
Ques 6: What is the exam mode of NIOS?
Ans: English, Hindi.