NIOS Evaluation System is a very significant feature in National Institute of Open Schooling. Students have to appear in the Public Exam of NIOS. Students have also the option to appear under the On-Demand Examination System (ODES) of NIOS at the Secondary and the Senior Secondary levels. The candidates are eligible for on-demand examination after the first public exam. However, the students are free to appear any number of times (limited to once in a month) through On Demand Examination System (ODES) till the validity of admission. Interested candidates can go through the following article for the detailed information regarding the NIOS Evaluation System.
NIOS Public Exam
NIOS Public Exam is conducted at the national level twice a year. It is held in the months of April-May 2020 and October-November 2020. The exam dates are fixed by the National Institute of Open Schooling itself.
NIOS Public Exam Registration Process
The detailed information regarding the National Institute of Open Schooling Public Exam Registration is given below.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about NIOS Evaluation System: Public Exam, On Demand Exam - Admissions
- The application form will be released through online mode.
- Candidates can fill the registration form on the official website.
- Applicants are requested to fill the form carefully because there is no provision of correction window.
- Aspirants have to fill single form. Multiple forms of the single candidate might be rejected by the conducting body.
- Only complete filled registration form will be accepted by the officials.
Public Examination Fees
The examination fee is payable by all. It is same for both Secondary and Senior Secondary courses as shown in the table below:
|Examination fees both for Secondary and Sr. Secondary||Rs. 250/- per subject|
|Additional fees for practicals in subjects having both theory and practicals||Rs. 120/- per subject|
|Late fee for examination||Rs. 100/- per subject|
|Consolidate late fee to be received at Regional Centres only||Rs. 1500/- consolidated|
|Processing fees for Re-evaluation of answer sheet for Sr. Secondary Public Examination||Rs. 800/- per subject|
|Processing fees for Re-evaluation of answer sheet for Sr. Secondary of On-Demand Examination||Rs. 1000/- per subject|
|Verification of NIOS documents (for private companies and individual learners)||Rs. 500/- per candidate|
Note: The fees paid for examination cannot be refunded or adjusted under any circumstances.
Other Miscellaneous Fees
|Duplicate copy of the Certificate||Rs. 200|
|Duplicate Statement of Provisional and Migration Certificate||Rs. 200|
|Duplicate Identity Card||Rs. 200|
|Amadeus (per session)||Rs. 200|
|Duplicate statement of Mark||Rs. 200|
Mode of Payment: Applicants can pay their fee through online mode as well as offline mode.
- Online Mode: Fee can be paid through credit card, debit card or net banking.
- Offline Mode: Candidate can pay through Demand Draft drawn in favour of the “Secretary, NIOS”, payable at the concerned Regional Centre.
How to apply for NIOS Public Exam?
The procedure for applying for public examination of NIOS being held in April-May and October-November is given below.
- visit the Authorised Facilitation Centre of NIOS or visit the official website for prospectus. i.e. www.nios.ac.in
- Candidate have to fill the valid and working information.
- Fill up the correct codes of the subjects. (given below)
- Paste photograph.
- Submit the exam application form along with prescribed fee.
Subjects available for appearing through ODES at the Secondary level are:
Hindi (201), English (202), Sanskrit (209), Mathematics (211), Science & Technology (212), Social Science (213), Economics (214), Business Studies (215), Home Science (216), Psychology (222), Indian Culture and Heritage (223), Painting (225), Data Entry Operations (229).
Subjects available for appearing through ODES at the Senior Secondary level are:
Hindi (301), English (302), Sanskrit (309), Mathematics (311), Physics (312), Chemistry (313), Biology (314), History (315), Geography (316), Political Science (317), Economics (318), Business Studies (319), Accountancy (320), Home Science (321), Psychology (328), Sociology (331), Painting (332), Environmental Science (333), Mass Communication (335), Data Entry Operations (336), and Introduction to Law (338).
NIOS Evaluation System Eligibility Criteria
To pass in a subject and get a certificate of Secondary/Senior Secondary courses, the eligibility criteria are given below.
Standard: Secondary Course (Class 10) and Senior Secondary Course (Class 12)
Passing Marks: A minimum of 33% marks in the aggregate (Theory plus practical wherever applicable) in a Public Examination. The marks obtained in Internal Assessment will be shown separately in the Mark Sheet.
Certification Criteria: Pass in five subjects including at least one but not more than two languages.
Also read: NIOS 12th
NIOS On Demand Exam
Candidate have to appear in the public exam once before applying for the on-demand exam. The detailed information regarding the NIOS On Demand Exam are given below.
- Candidates have to register themselves as a bonafide learner of NIOS having the NOIS Enrolment Number and a valid Identity Card.
- The registration procedure of the ODES will be available for existing students through Online only.
- Candidates of Stream-1 Blocks I and II can apply for online ODE registration only after April/May 2020 and October/November 2020 public examinations.
- To appear in the ODE, the candidate must bring the Original Identity Card issued by NIOS along with any other valid photo identity proof.
- Also, applicants have to bring the complete print out of the computer-generated ODE Registration Application.
How to apply for NIOS ODE?
The procedure of filling the NIOS ODE admission form is given below.
- Log on to NIOS website www.nios.ac.in
- Complete the information about online Admission/Examination including the fee details and its submission is displayed.
- Registers himself in the NIOS website by submitting an e-mail ID and password.
- Online Admission Form will be displayed on the screen
- Filling-up of the Admission Form and attaching the image of the student’s photograph as indicated.
- Mention correct address where I-card, Self Learning Material etc., may be delivered by NIOS.
Stay connected to entrancezone for the latest updates.