UGC RGNF 2021 or Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship Scholarship Scheme is offered to the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes candidates. This scheme is funded by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment and Ministry of Tribal Affairs and is offered by UGC (University Grants Commission). This is scheme is open to all SC and ST candidates who wish to pursue higher studies such as regular and full-time M.Phil. and PhD degrees in Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences and Engineering & Technology. The candidates can check below in the article other relevant details about RGNF Scheme 2021 like eligibility, the application process, etc.
UGC RGNF 2021 Status
|Exam Notification||Yet to announce|
UGC RGNF 2021 Important Dates
The tentative dates for UGC RGNF 2021 scheme are given below in the table:
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Online submission of Application form start date||1st week of July 2021|
|Last date to Apply||Last week of July 2021|
|Beginning of documents verification||3rd week of July 2021|
|Releasing of merit list||August 2021|
|Allocation of financial support||September 2021|
UGC RGNF 2021 Application Form
UGC RGNF 2021 Application Form will be released in online mode only on the UGC Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship Scholarship Scheme portal. Those who wish to apply need to register online only. The Applications are invited once in a year through advertisement in leading newspapers and Employment News or online. The candidates need to keep below points for applying this scheme:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about UGC RGNF 2021: Application Form, Eligibility Criteria - Admissions
- The candidates must register themselves online on the official portal only.
- They should apply on or before the last date else no request of form submission will be accepted thereafter.
- The aspirants must provide their active mobile number and email ID to get the related information via SMS or mail.
- The name should be same as given on class 10th certificate.
- They must keep their user ID and Password safely, to be used further when needed.
How to Apply for UGC RGNF 2021?
The candidates seeking for Scholarship to pursue for their fellowship program can check the steps to apply for Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship Scholarship Scheme:
- Step 1 – Visit the official website of UGC RGNF – https://www.ugc.ac.in/rgnf/
- Step 2 – Click on the Apply Now link given at the top of the home page.
- Step 3 – Then fill the personal details like domicile, caste category, name, nationality, parent’s/guardian’s name, contact details, etc to start with the application.
- Step 4 – After that, click on ” Save and Continue” button to move further.
- Step 5 – Now the candidates will have to enter their educational details and the move on to scholarship details and employment details.
- Step 6 – After entering the details the students need to review the information and click to continue for declaration.
- Step 7 – At this step, the candidate needs to read the declaration carefully and click on ” I agree”.
- Step 8 – Lastly, they can get a printout of the filled form and keep it safe to use further.
Documents need to Apply for RGNF 2021
- Class X mark sheet
- Caste certificate
- Physically handicapped certificate
- PG degree mark-sheet & certificate
UGC RGNF 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates will be given scholarship only when he/she fulfils the UGC RGNF 2021 eligibility criteria:
- Candidates who have passed the PG examination in the concerned subject and desire to pursue full-time research without JRF of UGC-NET or UGC-CSIR NET.
- The candidate should belong to SC/ST category.
- The candidate must get registered for M.Phil./Ph.D at the first available opportunity but not later than within a period of two years from the receipt of the award letter.
UGC RGNF 2021 Nature of Scheme
Below we have provided the scheme’s other important details like tenure,
- There are 2000 slots for SC candidates and 667 slots for ST candidates every year for all the subjects.
- The tenure of fellowship is initially for two years under the RGNF Scheme. Before the expiry of this period, the Fellow work will be evaluated by a Committee of three members -Head of the Department, Supervisor and one outside subject expert to be
constituted by the concerned Department of the /University/Institution/College.
- If the research work of a candidate is found satisfactory, then the tenure will be extended further for a period of three years under the enhanced emoluments of the Rajiv Gandhi National Senior Research Fellowship (RGNSRF).
- The recommendation of the Committee shall be submitted to the UGC for up-gradation to the level of RGNSRF.
- The work done on scholarships or fellowships of any agency other than the UGC will not be taken into account for enhancement in the value of fellowship.
- The fellowship may be withdrawn if the work is not satisfactory or the candidate fails in any of the PhD examinations.
- In case for the first two years work will not be found satisfactory, an additional year will be given for improvement. However, during this period he/she will be designated as Rajiv Gandhi National Junior Research Fellow. In such cases work will be re-evaluated before the third year of the tenure, and if there will be an improvement, the Fellow will be given two more years under the RGNSRF.
- During the M.Phil the fellow will be paid fellowship amount up to the period of 02 years or the date of dissertation whichever is earlier.
- For PhD the fellow will be paid an amount up to 05 years or the date of viva whichever is earlier.
UGC RGNF 2021 Scholarship Amount
The amount of fellowship/contingency etc. must be paid to the fellow by the University/Institute/College in the first week of every month in respect of selected
|Name of Fellowship||Amount of Scholarship||Subjects|
|Fellowship in Science,
Humanities and Social Science
||Science, Engg. &
|Departmental Assistance||Rs. 3000/-per annum per student to the host
institution for providing infrastructure
|Escorts/Reader assistance||Rs. 2000/- per month in cases of physically
handicapped & blind candidates
|HRA||As per rules of the University/ Institutions|
UGC RGNF 2021 Highlights
In the below table the candidates can check a few basic vital information about RGNF 2021:
|Scholarship Scheme Name||Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship Scholarship Scheme|
|Provided by||UGC (University Grants Commission)|
|Purpose||For Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribe candidates who wish to pursue their higher studies such as regular and full-time M.Phil. and PhD degrees in Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities and Engineering & Technology|
|Total number of Scholarships||2000 for SC and 667 for ST candidates|
University Grants Commission is a statutory body set up by the Indian Government under Ministry if Education in accordance with the UGC Act 1956. It provides recognition to universities in India, and disbursements of funds to such recognized universities and colleges. Also, it offers a scholarship to the children of minorities for their better education. The UGC controls Central, State, Deemed and Private Universities.