RMO 2021 is the second stage of the International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO), conducted by the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE). Regional Mathematical Olympiad is a three-hour written examination. The RMOs are offered in English, Hindi, and other regional languages. The questions are objective-type and the exam will be conducted offline. The candidates who qualify in the pre-Regional Mathematical Olympiad (PRMO) are eligible to participate in the RMO. To get more details about the RMO Application process, exam dates, question paper, results, awards, etc, read the complete article.
Online enrollment for IOQM 2022 is expected to begin by September 15, 2021. Detailed information about enrollment, eligibility criteria, and enrollment fees will be announced soon. Click Here to know more details.
RMO 2021 Exam Status
The candidates who are aspiring to participate in the Regional Mathematical Olympiad must check the status of the exam from the table given below:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about RMO 2021: Application Form, Exam Date, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Result
|RMO 2021 Registration||to begin shortly|
RMO 2021 Dates
The official authority will announce the registration and RMO 2021 exam date on its website. However, candidates can also check the tentative dates of the Regional Mathematical Olympiad application form from the table given below:
|Important Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Start of Registration Process||30 September 2021|
|End of Registration Process||7 October 2021|
|Availability of Admit Card||15 October 2021|
|Date of Examination||20 October 2021|
|Results||6 December 2021|
RMO 2021 Registration
The application form of the Regional Mathematical Olympiad 2021 will be available online mode. Candidates who have qualified in the PRMO can apply for the RMO 2021 Online Registration from the link given in this article. The details to apply online for the RMO are given below:
- Initially, the candidates must visit the website of the conducting authority, i.e, Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education.
- The applicants will have to do the online registration first by entering all the basic details like name, contact information, email id, Aadhar card number, etc.
- Now, the applicants can log in using the user id and password.
- After log in the applicants can click on the “RMO 2021 Application Form” and apply now.
- In the RMO Application Form, the candidates will have to enter their complete details like educational details, personal information, and permanent residential address.
- After filling the application form the applicants will have to pay a requisite amount of the registration fee.
- Once the fee payment has been made, candidates can take a printout of the application form.
- There is no need to send the hard copy of the online application form to the office.
- However, it is advised that the candidates must keep a copy of the registration form for any future references.
RMO 2021 Application Fe
The official authority will accept the application form along with the application fee. The details of the Reginal Mathematical Olympiad (RMO) 2021 application fee has been given below:
|Non-KV applicants||Rs 230 /-|
|KV applicants||Rs 125 /-|
|JNV applicants||Rs 100 /-|
RMO 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must read the RMO 2021 eligibility criteria before applying so that their application form does not get rejected.
- Applicants must be born on or before 1 August 2001.
- The candidate must be a permanent citizen of India.
- RMO is open for students studying in classes 8, 9, 10, 11, or 12.
- Only the top 300 candidates who have qualified in the PRMO are eligible to participate in the RMO.
- However, students from Kendriya Vidyalaya (KV) and Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNV) schools are regarded as separate regions. A maximum of the top 5% of participants from classes 8 to 11 and the top 1% of students from class 12 will be selected to participate in RMO Olympiad.
RMO 2021 Exam Pattern
The applicants who aspire to take part in the Regional Mathematical Olympiad must carefully check the exam pattern. With the help of the exam pattern of RMO Olympiad 2021, the students can score maximum marks and qualify for the International Mathematical Olympiad. The details of the exam pattern are given below:
- Mode of Exam: Offline (pen and paper-based)
- Type of Questions: Objective type
- Number of Questions: 30
- Duration of the Test: 3 Hours
- Marking Scheme: Each question will carry different marks.
- Medium of Question Paper: English, Hindi, and other regional languages.
RMO 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus of the Regional Mathematical Olympiad is on the basis of the coursebooks of classes 10, 11. The participants must go through the syllabus before preparing for the exam. The details of important topics for the RMO exam are given below:
|• Arithmetic of Integers||• Inequalities|
|• Geometry||• Elementary Combinatorics|
|• Quadratic Equations & Expressions||• Probability Theory|
|• Trigonometry||• Number Theory|
|• Co-ordinate Geometry||• Finite Series & Complex Numbers|
|• System of Linear Equations||• Elementary Graph Theory|
|• Permutations & Combinations||• Factorization of Polynomial|
RMO 2021 Admit Card
The conducting authority will issue the RMO Admit Card 2021 to all the eligible candidates. The hall ticket of RMO will be issued online in PDF format.
- No candidates will receive the admit card through email or Post.
- The admit card contains details like the name of the exam, candidate’s details, exam center complete address (except for KV and JNV students), timing of the exam, etc.
- Information about RMO exam centers for Kendriya Vidyalaya and JNV students can be obtained directly from KVS and NVS respectively.
- Each candidate must show the admit card while entering the examination hall.
- No entry in the exam hall shall be permitted without a valid hall ticket.
- The admit card should not be torn/ folded. There should be no markings made on the hall ticket.
- Candidates must also carry their photo identity card along with the admit card.
RMO 2021 Result
The conducting authority will declare the RMO Result 2021 on its official website. The result will be available online in form of a merit list.
- Candidates can check their results through the registration or roll number and name.
- The result contains details of the marks scored by the candidate and their qualifying status.
- Candidates must download and take a printout of their scorecard for future reference.
- The result of KV and JNV students will not be available online. They will be informed about the result through their respective schools.
Important Instructions for RMO Exam
The candidates must follow the instructions as prescribed by the authorities of the Regional Mathematical Olympiad. The details of the important instructions for the candidates of RMO are given below:
- Candidates must bring their own Geometry toolbox along with them to the examination centre.
- Ruler and Compass are allowed in the exam. However, students cannot use Protractor, set-square, and Divider during the examination.
- Candidates have to use a Blue pen or a Black pen. Geometry diagrams should be neatly drawn with a Pencil and properly labeled.
- Use of Calculators/ Mobile Phones is strictly prohibited during the examination.
- Rough sheets will be provided during the exam.
- At the end of the exam, candidates must submit only the answer book along with the rough pages. They must return the unused rough pages to the invigilator. However, students may retain the question paper.
RMO 2021 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||Regional Mathematical Olympiad|
|Short Form||RMO 2021|
|Conducting Authority||Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) in collaboration with National Board for Higher Mathematics (DAE)|
|Exam Level||Regional/ State|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Purpose of Exam||to select the meritorious candidates for the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO)|
Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) is a National Centre of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai. The broad goals of the Centre are to promote equity and excellence in science and mathematics education from primary school to undergraduate college level and encourage the growth of scientific literacy in the country. HBSCE conducts various Science and Mathematics Olympiads for school students. It selects the candidates for participating in the International Olympiads.
FAQs on RMO 2021
Q1. Who can apply for RMO 2021?
Ans: The candidates who have qualified in the pre-Regional Mathematical Olympiad (PRMO) are eligible to apply for the RMO.
Q2. I am from Kendriya Vidyalaya. Do I have to sit for RMO 2021?
Ans: No, the students from KV and JNV do not need to appear in the RMO. For those students, the test is conducted separately by their respective schools.
Q3. How can I download the previous year’s question papers of RMO?
Ans: The question papers of RMO are available on the website of the HBSCE.
Q4. Is there also an offline registration for RMO?
Ans: No, the registration for RMO can be done only online.