Art Restoration Courses is a specialized career that is popularly known as Fresco. Art restoration is a field that relates to restoring works of art to a former state. These works of art include everything from paintings to sculptures to manuscripts. It often includes touching up and cleaning in different ways as well as repairing any damage that may have occurred over time. Art restoration focuses on making works of art look less worn out without losing their original essence. Interested candidates can go through the following article for the detailed information regarding the art restoration course.
Art Restoration Course
The list of the art restoration courses are given below.
- Bachelor’s degree in art history, studio art, anthropology, archaeology
- M.A. in art history, studio art, anthropology, archaeology
- PhD in Art Conservation
Art Restoration Courses Eligibility Criteria
The courses wise eligibility criteria of the art restoration course is given below in the table.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Art Restoration Courses: Eligibility, Colleges & Universities - Admissions
|Bachelor’s degree in art history, studio art, anthropology, archaeology||Candidate must clear 10+2 level or its equivalent qualification for any recognized board|
|M.A. in art history, studio art, anthropology, archaeology||Students must hold a bachelor degree with 35% minimum marks|
|PhD in Art Conservation||Candidate must hold masters degree|
Top Colleges and Institutes Offering Art Restoration Course
The list of the top colleges and institutes offering art restoration is given below.
- Jiwaji University, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh
- Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, Haryana
- Mysore University, Mysuru, Karnataka
- University of Madras, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- National Museum, New Delhi
- University of Allahabad, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh
Job Opportunity through Art Restoration
There is a lot to learning in the art restoration field, especially practical field learning. Candidate need to have relevant experience, practical training and knowledge to build your reputation as a credible art restorer.
There are some career option for the restorer are given below.
- Restoration work on historical places and other monuments with Archaeological Survey of India
- Work at The Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage(INTACH, New Delhi) – it offers conservation services to private collectors and institutions
- Work National Museum Centres: House government art collections and take care of both their own artworks and sometimes of other state museums.
- Some art restorers start their own business.
- Become a teacher and teach journalism, art, archaeology, art dealings and other subjects to students.
Art Restoration Salary Package
As there is no fix salary package in India for art restorer. This values varies courses to courses and depends on the experience and on hand practice. But an individual can get around 2,00,000 to 4,00,000 package. In foreign around $48,400- $50,000.