Earth Science/Geography are the Branches of Geology. Earth Science/Geography is the study of examination and utilization of natural resources. Earth Sciences/Geography are the study of climatic and weather conditions of different regions, minerals survey, effects on nature, natural resources like water, earth and ocean characteristics. It involves some other studies also like Human Geography, Cultural Geography, Economic & Political Geography, Environment, and Natural Resources Studies. All the candidate are advised to read the complete article to know more about the Earth Science/Geography course Eligibility Criteria, Admission Procedure etc.
Admission Open 2023
- Top University & Colleges Official Links, Application & Scholarship Forms.
Popular Earth Science/ Geography Course List
The candidates can check the popular course for Geography/Earth Science which is given in the list below:
- B.A/ B.A (Hons.)
- B.Tech (Geo-Science)
- M.Tech (Earth Science, Geo-Logical and Geo-Physical technology)
- M.Phil Geology
- M.Sc (Geography, Geology)
- M.A Geography
- PhD in Geology
- PG Diploma in Petroleum Geoscience
To get admission in earth science/geography courses, the candidate can choose any undergraduate and postgraduate offered courses of earth science/geography.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Earth Science / Geography Course: Check Eligibility Criteria, Admission Procedure - Admissions
How to Pursue a Career in Geology?
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII in Science stream||Pursue B.Sc. Geology for 3 years||Pursue M.Sc. Geology/ Applied Geology/ M.Tech Geophysics for 2 years||Ph.D. for 2-3 years|
|Clear Class XII in Science Stream||Pursue Integrated graduation and post-graduation courses M.Sc. Geophysics/ Applied Geology/ M.Tech. Geology for 5 years||——-||Ph.D. for 2-3 years|
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Earth Science/ Geography Course?
The candidate must fulfill all the Earth science and geography eligibility criteria to apply for admission. The candidates can check all the required eligibility criteria for the earth science and geography courses which are given in the list below:
For Under Graduate Courses
- The candidate must be complete the 12th level examination or equivalent examination to be eligible for the earth science/geography courses
- The candidate must complete the 12th with science or arts as the main subjects.
- Minimum 60% marks must be obtained by the candidate at the 12th level examination
- Required qualifying education must be completed through any recognised board/ institute
For Post-graduate Courses
- The candidates must be completed the graduation examinations or equivalent examination to be eligible for the earth science/geography courses
- Minimum 55% marks must be obtained by the candidates in the graduation level examination
- The applicant’s under-graduation must be completed through the recognised universities/colleges
For PG Diploma in Petroleum Geo science
- The candidate must be completed the examination pattern of 10+2+3 to be eligible for the PG diploma courses.
- The candidate must be completed the qualifying examinations with Geography as a main subject.
- The candidate is passed with at least 55% marks in the qualifying examinations.
For PhD Courses
- The candidates must be completed the post-graduation examinations or equivalent examination to be eligible for the earth science/geography courses
- Minimum 55% marks must be obtained by the candidates in the post-graduation level examination
- The applicant’s post-graduation must be completed through the recognised universities/colleges.
What is the Admission Procedure for Earth Science/Geography?
The candidates can the complete admission procedure for the earth science/geography which is given in the list below:
- The candidate must fulfil all the eligibility criteria to get admission in this course.
- The candidate will be selected on the basis of the entrance test conducted by the universities.
- The candidate have to qualify the entrance test go for the further admission procedure.
- The shortlisted candidates will be notified for the interview and counselling round and after that for the documents verification.
Here are all required documents are listed that all the candidates must carry them for the verification at the time of admission are given in the list below:
- Candidate’s Passport size photographs
- ID proof (like Aadhar Card, PAN card etc)
- 10th and 12th marks sheets
- Graduation degree and marks sheets
- Post Graduation degree and marks sheets
- Diploma Certificate
How to Apply for Earth Science/Geography Course?
The application procedure can be different for all the universities and colleges. There is an application procedure for earth Science and geography courses which are given in the list below:
- The applicant can apply through an online and offline mode for the application form which will depend on the colleges and universities how they release the application form.
- The candidate must fulfil all the eligibility criteria to apply for admission of the Earth Science/Geography course.
- The candidates must fill the complete form with all the right and asked information in the application form.
- It will be mandatory to fill all the asked fields in the application form.
- The candidate have to fill the listed details in the earth science/geography admission form which are given below:
- Personal details
- Contact Details
- Qualification Details
- The candidate must have some documents to fill the information in the application form which are:
- Candidate’s Passport Size Photograph
- Thumb Impression
- 10th and 12th standard marks sheets
- Diploma Certificate
- Graduation Degree and Marks sheet
- PG Diploma Certificate
- Post Graduation Degree and Marks Sheet
- If any applicants didn’t fill the form correctly and completed then that applicant’s admission form will not be accepted by the admission authority.
Colleges/ Universities Offering Earth Science/Geography Courses
The applicants can check those colleges and universities who offer Earth Science and Geography course in India which is given in the list below:
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee, Uttarakhand
- Bangalore University, Bengaluru
- Kurukshetra University (KU), Kurukshetra, Haryana
- University of Delhi (DU)
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangaluru
- MD University (MDU), Rohtak, Haryana
- Annamalai University (AU), Annamalainagar, Tamil Nadu
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), New Delhi
Note: The candidate can apply in the above-listed colleges and universities to get admission for the Geography and Earth Science courses.
Top Jobs Through Earth Science/ Geography Courses
The candidates can check the top jobs through geography/ earth science courses which are given in the table below:
|Urban and Regional Planner||Town Planning|
|Climate Change Analyst||Geospatial Analyst|
|Pollution Analyst||Water Conservation Officer|
|Travel and Tourism Planner and Advisor||Soil Conservationist|
Earth Science/ Geography Course Highlights
The candidates can check the highlights for Earth Science/ Geography Courses:
|Branch Name||Earth Science/ Geography|
|Popular Courses||Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma, PhD|
|Basic Selection Criteria||Entrance Test Based/Merit Based|
About Earth Science/ Geography
Earth Science/Geography is the study of the Earth and the natural elements like water, air etc. and also of minerals. Earth Sciences/Geography are the study of climatic and weather conditions of different regions, minerals survey, effects on nature, natural resources like water, earth and ocean characteristics. Earth science/ Geography also includes the physics, biology and chemistry with the geography, geology and even palaeontology Fundamentals.
Check Popular Courses After 12th Here.