Art Direction course are the courses which include the work such as creation and management of visual style and images in magazines, newspapers and product packaging, movies and television productions. Artwork, illustrations or layouts are created for various purposes and are used in advertising, newspaper and magazines, theatre, movies, and video games. These courses include the learning of giving direction for the perfection of creation, management and style of particular work in different industries. Candidates may read the whole article for complete details regarding the Art Direction courses.
Who is an Art Director?
Art Director is an individual who supervises the direction of a creative project. It is the duty of art director to ensure all the requirements are getting fulfilled for each assignment. The assignments can range from a book designing of a small publishing house to working on the visuals and feels of a movie.
What does an Art Director Do?
Art Directors are responsible for various jobs such as visual style in images, magazines, newspapers, products packaging, movies etc. The detailed duties of an Art director are given below:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Art Direction Course Details: Courses, Career, Jobs - Admissions
- Determining the Best way of representing the concept visually.
- Determining which photographs, arts or other creative design elements should be used.
- Developing the overall visual style of a publication, advertising campaign, theatre, television or film set.
- Managing Graphics and the designers, set and exhibit designers or other related staff.
- To Review and approve designs, artwork, photography, graphics developed by the staff.
- Coordinate activities with the artistic and creative departments.
- Develop detailed budgets and timelines.
- Handling and managing the whole team and the work according to the needs of the assignment.
Scope of Art Direction Courses
There is a huge scope in the art directions courses as a career due to its great demand and constant growth. It is the most promising career considering the size of the entertainment industry in India. Candidates can get limitless opportunities in TV channels, stage shows, drama, theatre and films. Candidates having an interest in the direction must pursue the course in art direction. Moreover, Candidates may check the eligibility criteria before going forward for the course.
The details regarding the courses are given below:
|PD Diploma Courses||03 years|
|Short term Courses||01 years|
|Certificate Courses||06 months – 01 year|
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Art Direction Course Details?
The details regarding the eligibility criteria are given below:
- Candidates who want to pursue the PG Diploma Course must hold a graduation degree in the relevant field.
- Must have at least 05 years of experience in the same field.
- Candidates must have at least 40 – 50% marks in their qualifying examination.
Colleges Offering Art Direction Courses
The top colleges that provide courses of Art direction are listed below:
- Film and Television Institute of Drama, Pune
- National School of Drama, Delhi
- Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute, Kolkata
- Centre for Research in Art of film and Television, New Delhi
- Film and television institute of Tamil Nadu, Chennai
Skills Required for The Art Direction Courses
The skills that are required for the courses in the field of Art Direction are given below:
- Must have good communication skills.
- Should have excellent leadership qualities.
- Must be able to adapt the changing technology in the industry.
- Should be able to manage and prioritize things according to time and schedule.
- Must have great imagination and creative skills.
Career and Jobs
There are various career opportunities available in the field of Art direction. Candidates can work in production houses, Advertising agencies, TV Serials and programmes, reality shows, ad campaigns. Also, they can excel in theatre and drama.
Other than working in the public sector they can also work for the government departments in directing specific programmes pertaining to that department.
Candidates other than working for specialized design services firms, they can stay self-employed.