Veterinary science is the subject which relates to the treatment of all kind of animals from domestic animals to farmyard animals. Veterinary science course a study of topics like anatomy, animal husbandry, animal behaviour, physiology, genetics, cell biology, nutrition, epidemiology, pharmacology, pathology, infectious diseases, and parasitology etc. To become a veterinarian the candidates must fulfil all the required criteria for admission. All the candidate are advised to read the complete article to know more about the Veterinary Science Course eligibility criteria, popular courses, admission procedure etc.
Popular Veterinary Science Course List
The candidates can check all the popular course for veterinary study which is given in the list below:
- BVSc & AH
To get admission for veterinary subjects, the candidate can choose any offered courses from the list.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Veterinary Science Course Details: Eligibility Criteria, Admission - Admissions
Veterinary Science Course Specification
The candidate can check the specifications of all the offered courses which are given in the list below:
For BVSc Courses
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science (BVSc)
- Animal Husbandry (AH)
- BV. Sc. in Veterinary Surgery & Radiology
- BV. Sc. in Veterinary Medicine, Public Health & Hygiene
- BV. Sc. in Animal Genetics and Breeding
- BV. Sc. in Animal Production & Management
For MVSC Courses
- Master of Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc)
- MV. Sc in Veterinary Surgery & Radiology
- MV. Sc in Veterinary Medicine
- MV. Sc in Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology
For PhD Courses
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Veterinary Medicine
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Veterinary Pathology
See AIPVT 2021
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Veterinary Science Course?
The candidate must fulfil all the veterinary course eligibility criteria to apply for admission. The candidates can check all the required eligibility criteria for all the courses of veterinary which are given in the list below:
For BVSc & AH
- The candidate must be cleared the 12th examination with Physics, Biology and Chemistry as the main subject
- The candidate has to clear the 12th with at least 60% minimum marks to get the admission
- The examination must be accompanied by the recognised board/institute
- The candidate must be scored acceptable rank and marks in the common entrance examination like NEET, AICEE, AIPVT examinations
- The candidate must be complete the graduation with the veterinary subjects like BVSc & AH or equivalent examination
- The candidate must be passed with at least 60% in the graduation level examinations
- The graduation college or university must be recognised by the admission authority
- The candidate must be scored acceptable rank and marks in the common entrance examination like NEET-PG, AIPVT examinations
For PhD Courses
- The candidate must be completed a master degree in veterinary subjects to be eligible for PhD courses
- The candidate must be scored a minimum 60% in the master’s degree
- The candidate who got the acceptable marks in the All India Pre-Veterinary Test (AIPVT), NEET, AICEE will be able to get direct admission without any entrance test.
Veterinary Science Course Duration
The candidate can check here the Veterinary course time and duration which is given in the table below:
|BVSc & AH Course||5 Years|
|MVSc Course||2 Years|
|PhD Courses||3 to 5 Years|
What is the Admission Procedure of Veterinary Science Course?
The candidate must check the selection criteria and procedure for the veterinary course which are described in the list below:
- The candidate has to apply for the veterinary course through the online or offline mode of the application form.
- The candidate will be selected based on the Entrance Test or Merit-based.
- The candidates who scored the acceptable marks in the competitive entrance exam (like NEET, AIPVT) will be selected for the interview round directly with any college entrance examination.
- The candidate who applied for admission with any competitive exam will go through the college entrance exam and have to qualify that for further procedure.
- The shortlisted candidate has to clear the interview rounds and then have to attend the counselling.
- The candidate will get admission after the verification of all the documents at the college.
Here are all required documents are listed that all the applicants have to verify at the time of admission procedure which is given in the list below:
- Candidate’s Passport size photographs
- ID proof (like Aadhar Card, PAN card etc)
- 10th and 12th marks sheets
- Graduation degree and marks sheets
- Postgraduation degree and marks sheets
- Admit Card and score-card of competitive entrance exam (like NEET, AIPVT, AICEE)
Colleges/ Universities Offering Veterinary Science Courses
The applicants can check those colleges and universities who offer the study of Veterinary course in India which is given in the list below:
- Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Uttar Pradesh
- Shekhar Azad University of Agriculture and Technology (SAUAT), Kanpur
- Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur
- College of Veterinary Sciences, Hisar
- CCS Haryana Agricultural University, Haryana
- Post Graduate Institute of Veterinary & Animal Sciences (PGIVAS), Akola Chandra
- College of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (Anand Agricultural University), Anand, Gujarat
- Bombay Veterinary Science College, Mumbai
How to Become a Veterinarian?
|Path||Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII in Science with Biology stream||Pursue B.V.Sc for 5 years||Pursue M.V.Sc for 2 year||Pursue PhD for 4-5 years|
|Clear Class XII in Science with Biology stream||Pursue B.V.Sc for 5 years||Diploma/Post Graduation Diploma 1-2 Years B.V.Sc||Diploma/Post Graduation Diploma 2-3 Years M.V.Sc|
Top Jobs Through Veterinary Science Courses
The candidates can check the top jobs through veterinary courses which are given in the list below:
- Veterinarian Assistant
- Veterinarian Technician
- Veterinary physician
- Veterinarian food inspection specialist
- Associate Veterinarian
- Veterinarian surgeon
- Veterinarian pharmacologist
- Veterinarian epidemiologist
- Veterinarian neurologist
- Veterinarian dermatologist
Veterinary Science Course Highlights
The candidates can check the highlights for Veterinary Science Courses:
|Branch Name||Veterinary Science Courses|
|Popular Courses||BVSc, MVSc, PhD|
|Basic Selection Criteria||Entrance Test Based/Merit Based|