VBCAT 2023 or Visva Bharati Common Admission Test is conducted by the Visva-Bharati University (West Bengal) annually to allow meritorious students into various professional courses offered at the university and other affiliated Colleges. The Applicant can start filling the online application form for various UnderGraduate, Post Graduate, Certificate, Diploma, Advance Diploma and (10+2) courses. Candidates may go through the given article for complete details regarding the VBCAT 2023.
Admission Open 2023
- Top University & Colleges Official Links, Application & Scholarship Forms.
VBCAT 2023 Important Dates
The tentative dates for VBCAT 2023 are given in the table below:
|Commencement of Online Application form||Second week of May 2022|
|Last date to submit the Application form||Second week of June 2022|
|UG Provisional Merit List||Third week of June 2022|
|PG Provisional Merit List||Third week of June 2022|
|B.Ed Provisional Merit List||Last week of June 2022|
|M.Ed Provisional Merit List||Last week of June 2022|
|Counselling Round 1 B.Ed||Last week of June 2022(10:00 A.M)|
|Counselling Round 2 B.Ed||Second week of July 2022|
|Counselling Round 1 M.Ed||Second week of July 2022|
|Sangit Bhavana UG Admission Test||Second week of July 2022|
|Sangit Bhavana PG Admission Test||Second week of July 2022|
VBCAT 2023 Application Form
The details regarding the Visva Bharati University Admission 2022 Application form are given below:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about VBCAT 2023: Application Form, Eligibility Criteria - Admissions
- Visva Bharati University Admission 2022 Application form will release in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to fill the application form through the official website.
- The uploading documents should be in the prescribed format only.
- Moreover, candidates may keep a copy of the filled application form for further use.
How to Apply for VBCAT 2023?
The steps for VBCAT online and offline Application Process is given below.
Apply for VBCAT 2023 (Offline process):
- Forms for Entrance Exam VBCAT will be made available at Union Bank Branches, across various cities in West Bengal.
- Interested students can purchase the form by paying the stipulated amount, payable at the branch and fill the application with valid details.
- Send the completely filled form to the University through registered post to the Administration.
Apply for VBCAT 2023 (Online process):
- Candidates can preview the form on the official website: visvabharati.ac.in
- Fill the form with appropriate and valid details.
- Payment can be done through either Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking or Online Wallets.
- Upload Passport size photograph of candidate and signature in prescribed format and resolution.
- Send the filled form to the University, via Registered Post.
|Category||Application Fee||Additional Fee|
|All Other Candidates||Rs.500/-||Rs.200/-.|
VBCAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The following criteria have to be met by the candidates who are appearing for VBCAT 2023:
- The candidate must be a citizen of INDIA only
- Applicants for any Undergraduate course should have cleared their Intermediate or equivalent examination in the relevant discipline for their preferred branch, with an aggregate higher than the cut-off as posted on the official website.
- Candidates opting for Post-Graduate courses should have completed their Bachelor’s degree in the relevant branch with aggregate higher than the cut-off for the preferred branch.
- Age limit for UG courses is: 17< Age of Candidate< 25
- Age limit for PG courses is: 22< Age of Candidate< 30
VBCAT 2023 Result and Counselling
The result along with the merit list will be announced by the university for various courses on different dates. The candidates are advised to check the official website and this page for the result and web link to check the result online.
The counselling procedure for B.Ed will be started in the last week of June 2022 and M.Ed Counselling will start in July 2020 for all candidates. Students need to bring necessary documents for counselling. Admission will be given to students at the time of Counselling.
Document required for Counselling
1.Two copies of recent passport size photograph
2.Photocopy of the application form
3.All original and photocopy of all educational qualification (Marksheet and Certificates),
Proof of DOB/SC/ST/OBC/PWD certificate
4.OBC candidate will have to be submitted along with annual income certificate of the
guardian issued by the competent authority to get facility of reservation under OBC
5.Candidates have to bring Credit/Debit Card (except Rupay card) for the purpose of
admission, if selected.
6.Proof of Blood group
7.Fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner
VBCAT 2023 Courses Offered
The numerous courses offered for the academic year 2022 are given below and applications from interested candidates are invited by
- A. in Education,
- A./B.Sc (Honours) in Physical Education,
- P.Ed, M.P.Ed,
- Mus ( Bachelor of Music) (Honours) in Rabindra Sangit.
- Hindusthani Classical Music (Vocal),
- Hindustani Classical Music Instrumental (Sitar/ Esraj/ Tabla/ Pakhawaj),
- Kathakali Dance, Manipuri Dance,
- Drama and Theatre Arts.
- Mus (Master of Music) in Rabindra Sangit,
- Hindusthani Classical Music (Vocal),
- Hindustani Classical Music Instrumental (Sitar/Esraj/ Tabla/ Pakhawaj),
- Kathakali and Manipuri Dance,
- Sc (Hons) in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science,
- Sc in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Environmental Science, Computer Science, Biotechnology, Zoology, Botany
VBCAT 2023 Highlights
|Exam Name||Visva Bharati Common Aptitude Test 2022|
|Conducting body||Visva Bharati University|
|Level of exam||University level|
|Frequency||Once a year|
Visva-Bharati University (West Bengal)
Established and founded by Noble-Laureate Rabindranath Tagore himself in 1921, Visva-Bharati houses the Shantiniketan and the Sriniketan, was deemed to be a Central University and an ‘Institute of National Importance’ by the Act of Parliament, 1951. It was granted the status of a unitary, teaching and residential university. The status and function of all the major institutions have been redefined in successive Amendments. With the intricate aim to bring into a more intimate relationship with one another, through patient study and research, the different cultures of the East on the basis of their underlying unity, Visva Bharati is a Premier Institute of Excellence and Learning.
The Honourable President of India serves as the Paridarsak (or Visitor) of the University while the Governor of West Bengal and the Prime Minister of India act as Pradhan (Head) and Acharya (Chancellor) of the University. The main aim of the University is imparting best of education from both the East and the West, thus ensuring a high-quality education to all.
More Central Universities Admission Info Here.
What are the courses after B.Sc in Visva-Bharati University?
Can ICAR qualified student get admission in this university?
When exam of bsc agriculture is going to be held??
Please send information for admission in xi bio in VBCAT2020.
When online admission form will be released for class V 2021 for Patha Bhavan Visva Bharati?