VVM 2021 or Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan registration has been started from 15 August. Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan is a national-level science talent search examination that is conducted by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, and National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT). Eligible students from classes 6 to 11 can take part in the VMM 2021 from his/ her home. It is a four-level exam and will be conducted on 30 November or 05 December via online mode. To get more details about the VMM Registration, exam dates, syllabus, awards, etc, read the complete article.
CBSE in association with NCERT has decided to conduct the 10th Vidyarthi Vigyan Manchan (VMM) Registration from 10 November to 05 December 2021. Click Here to download the official notification.
VVM 2021 Exam Status
The candidates who have applied for the VVM Science Talent Search Exam must check the status and latest updates about the exam. The details are given in the table below:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about VMM 2021: Application Form, Fees, Exam Date, Pattern, Syllabus, Result
|Upload of VMM 2021 Study Material||Started|
|Exam date||Tuesday, 30th November 2021 or Sunday, 05th December 2021|
VVM 2021 Important Dates
The official authority will announce the VVM 2021 Dates as soon as the official notification is released. However, candidates can check the tentative dates of the exam from the table given below:
|Registration Opens and Upload of VVM Study Material||15 August 2021|
|Mock Tests||01 November 2021 onwards|
|Date of Examination||30 November 2021 or 05th December, 2021|
|Time of Examination||10:00 AM to 08:00 PM (90 minutes)
Students will be able to log in only once
|Declaration of Result||20 December 2021|
|One or Two-day State Camp||09, 16 and 23 January 2022|
|Two-day National Camp||14 and 15 May 2022|
VVM 2021 Registration
The interested candidates can apply online for the VVM 2021 Registration. However, they must check the eligibility criteria before doing the online registration. The VVM registration could be done by two methods: Individual and School Registration. The mode of registration will be online. The details of the registration process are given below:
- Students can individually register for the Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan exam.
- Initially, they must visit the website of the conducting authority.
- Then the applicants will enter details like Name, DoB, Create Password, Class, School Name, Address, District, State, etc.
- The entered data will be verified by VVM admin by sending OTP’s on registered Mobile Number and Email Id respectively. Both the OTP’s will be different and required to be entered for completion of the verification process.
- Now students will be provided with an option to make the online payment after logging into the website.
- They can select from options of payment according to their ease using the payment gateway.
- After completion of the registration process, the student will be provided with a unique username (on registered email id) and password (encrypted format).
- The date for the examination will be pre-selected and students will not be allowed to make any changes in the same.
- A student has to arrange for a device with good internet connectivity on the pre-selected date and time of examination.
- VVM Registration can also be done in groups by the respective schools of the candidates. To register under the school/institute category, a minimum of 10 students per class have to be registered.
- Now applicants will have to fill in the details of the school like School/Institute Name, School/Institute Address, Name of the Principal, Name of the Exam Coordinator, Mobile Number, Email Id, etc.
- This information will be verified by VVM admin by sending OTP’s on registered Mobile Number and Email Id respectively.
- After completion of verification, the school/institute will be provided with a Unique Code, visible after logging in to their dashboard which can be distributed to students.
- The exam coordinator can ask the students of his/her school/institute (who wish to take up the VVM online exam) to register in the individual student category and enter the Unique Code in their dashboard.
- As soon as the students will enter the Unique Code in their dashboard they will be automatically added to the school dashboard.
- After that, the login details will be provided with each student’s username and password via email and these details will also be available on the school dashboard.
- The login details will be activated only upon the payment of the application fees.
- Then the applicant will have to do the first-time login, students will be required to update/change their password (mandatory).
- The student can complete their profile after logging into the website.
- On the student profile page, the details of the student like profile photo, DoB, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Residential address, etc. need to be uploaded.
- The date for the examination will be pre-selected and students will not be allowed to make any further changes in the same.
VVM 2021 Application Fee
Students registering individually or through school will have to pay a fee of Rs. 100/-.
- However, the School/Institute coordinator is requested to retain Rs. 20/- per student as a service charge with school/institute and the rest of the amount will be transferred only through Online Payment Mode to VVM Delhi office.
- In case of account payment, the applicants must ensure to upload the receipt & transaction id and submit the transaction details.
VVM 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who are aspiring to participate in the Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan talent search exam must check the eligibility criteria before applying online. The test is open for:
- An applicant must be an Indian citizen
- Students from classes VI to XI studying under CBSE, ICSE, and State Boards
- The candidates must be studying in any school that is affiliated with a recognized board
VVM 2021 Exam Pattern
Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan is a science talent search exam. The applicants must check the exam pattern and the type of questions that are asked in the test. The details of the VVM Exam Pattern is given in the table below:
- Mode of Exam: Online
- Type of Questions: MCQ
- Number of Questions: 100
- Total Marks: 100
- Duration of the Exam: 90 Minutes
- Marks for Each Correct Answer: +1 marks
- Medium of Question Paper: The examination will be conducted in English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Bengali, Odia, Assamese (major regional languages).
VVM 2021 Syllabus
The candidates must check the detailed VVM Syllabus in order to prepare for the test. The details of the syllabus of the science talent search examination are given below:
|Subjects||Distribution of Questions||Curriculum|
|Science and Mathematics from textbooks||50% (50 Questions)
[1 Marks Each]
|Indian Contributions to Science||20% (20 Questions)
[1 Marks Each]
|VVM Study Material|
|Life stories of Jagdish Chandra Bose and
Edavaleth Kakkat Janaki Ammal
|20% (20 Questions)
[1 Marks Each]
|VVM Study Material|
|Logic & Reasoning||10% (10 Questions)
[1 Marks Each]
VVM 2021 Awards and Prizes
Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan is a four-level talent search exam. The detailed description of various stages of selection and awards are given to the winners is prescribed below:
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4|
|School level||District level||State level||National level|
VVM 2021 Highlights
|Name of the exam||Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan/ Science Talent Search Exam|
|Short Form||VVM 2021|
|Conducting Authority||Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India and NCERT|
|Purpose of the Exam||To educate school children about India’s contributions from tradition to modern, to the world of science and technology|
|Level of the Exam||Four (School, District, State, National)|
About Department of Science & Technology
The Department of Science & Technology, Government of India, is a department within the Ministry of Science and Technology. This department along with the National Council of Education, Research and Training (NCERT) conducts the Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan also known as Science Talent Search Exam. This department conducts the examination process and declared the result. The winners will be awarded cash prizes and certificates by the organizing body.
National Council of Educational Research & Training (NCERT) is an organization set up by the Government of India in the year 1961 to assist and advise the central and state governments on academic matters related to school education. The major objectives of NCERT and its constituent units are to: undertake, promote and coordinate research in areas related to school education; prepare and publish model textbooks, supplementary material, newsletters, journals, and develop educational kits, multimedia digital materials, etc.
FAQs on VVM 2021
Q1. How can I apply for VVM 2021?
Ans: The registration for Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan 2021 will be online. Candidates can apply through the direct link given in this article.
Q2. How many sections are there in VVM 2021 exam?
Ans: There are two sections (Section A and B) s asked in VVM 2021 exam.
Q3. How can I download the VMM Certificate?
Ans: The candidates who qualify in the science talent search exam can download the VVM Certificate from the website of the conducting authority.