Zoology is one of the branches of science that deals with the study of animals and their biological behaviours and processes. Zoology involves the study of animal anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, evolution, genetics, ecology, conservation and behaviour. Zoology courses offered at both the undergraduate and post-graduate levels. All the candidates are advised to read the complete article to know more about the zoology course eligibility criteria, admission procedure etc.
Admission Open 2023
- Top University & Colleges Official Links, Application & Scholarship Forms.
Popular Zoology Course List 2023
The candidates can check all the popular course for the zoology study which is given in the list below:
- B.Sc/ B.Sc (Hons.)
To get admission for the zoology subjects, the candidate can choose any course from the list above.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Zoology Course Details 2023: Check Eligibility Criteria, Admission Process - Admissions
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Zoology Course?
The candidate must fulfil all the zoology eligibility criteria to apply for admission. The candidates can check all the required eligibility criteria for all the courses of the science in zoology study which are given in the list below:
For B.Sc/B.Sc (Hons.)
- The candidate must be passed 10+2 level examination with PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) as the main subject
- The candidate must be obtained at least 50% marks in 10+2 examination
- The board or the examination must be recognised by the colleges/universities
For M.Sc Courses
- The candidate with B.Sc/ BA degree in the medical field and equivalent examination can apply for the examination from any recognised Institute/ College/ University
- The candidates must note that only the candidate having at least 55% marks in the graduation degree will be able to apply for the admission
For M.Phil Courses
- The candidate must be cleared M.Sc examination from the recognised college/ university to apply for the admission
- The candidate must be obtained at least a minimum 55% marks in the M.Sc examination
For PhD Courses
- The candidate must be completed the postgraduation in the medical science field from the recognised institute/ college/ university.
- The candidate must be obtained at least a minimum 55% marks in the postgraduation examination
- The candidate must be scored acceptable marks in UGC, CSIR, ICAR ICAR entrance tests to get the admission in PhD course for Zoology subjects
Zoology Course Duration
The candidate can check here the zoology program duration and time which is given in the table below:
|B.Sc Course||3 Years|
|M.Sc Course||2 Years|
|M.Phil Course||1 Year|
|PhD Course||3 Years|
What is the Admission Procedure for Zoology Course?
The candidate can check the admission procedure to study zoology as a subject which is given in the list below:
- The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance test which will be organised by the college/university.
- The candidate have to obtain acceptable marks in the entrance examination.
- The shortlisted candidates have to clear the interview round and after that, they will be notified or the counselling sessions and documents verification session.
The applicants can check here all the required documents for the verification to get the admission which is given in the list below:
- Candidate’s Recent clicked Passport size photograph
- 10th and 12th marks sheets
- Graduation Degree and all Marks Sheets
- Postgraduation Degree and all Marks Sheets
- ID proofs (like Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Passport etc)
Zoology Course Specification
The candidate can check specifications of all the offered courses to zoology study which are given in the list below:
- Biomedical science
- Animal behaviour and neurobiology
- Ecology and evolutionary biology
- General zoology
- Marine biology
- Cell and developmental biology
Zoology Course Syllabus
The candidate can check the syllabus of the zoology subjects which are given in the table below:
|Cell and Molecular Biology||Embryology|
|Biosystematics, Structure, and Functions of Invertebrates||Tools and Techniques in Biology|
|Animal Physiology and Ethology||Biosystematics, Structure, and Functions of Invertebrates|
|Structure and Function of Vertebrates||Environmental Biology|
|Genetics and Evolution||Animal Behaviour|
|Proteins- Structure, Functions, and Evolution||Biology of Parasitism|
|Chronobiology||Structure and Function of Genes|
How to Apply for Zoology Course?
The candidate can check the application form process for course of the zoology program which is given in the list below:
- The candidate who fulfilled all the required eligibility criteria for the course will be able to apply for admission.
- The candidate have to fill the right information in the application form which will be released by the colleges and universities.
- If the candidate’s application form with wrong information then the admission of that candidate will be cancelled
- Only those candidates will be allowed for the entrance test who have filled their application form completely and correctly.
Colleges/ Universities Offering Zoology Courses
The applicants can check those colleges and universities that offer the study of zoology course in India which is given in the list below:
- Dr Ambedkar Government Arts College, Tamil Nadu
- Bangalore University (BU), Karnataka
- Guru Nanak College Chennai (GNCC), Tamil Nadu
- Sikkim University (SU), Gangtok
- Faculty of Science, Uttar Pradesh
- Deptt. of Zoology, Uttar Pradesh
- BHU Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- University of Allahabad, Uttar Prades
- Tezpur University, Assam
Top Jobs Through Zoology Courses
The candidates can check the top jobs through zoology science wildlife study which are given in the list below:
- Wildlife Biologist
- Wildlife Educator
- Zoology faculty
- Forensic experts
Zoology Course Highlights
The candidates can check the highlights for Zoology programs:
|Branch Name||Zoology Courses|
|Popular Courses||B.Sc, M.Sc, M.Phil, PhD|
|Basic Selection Criteria||Entrance Test Based/ Merit Based|
Check Popular Courses After 12th Class, Options for Science, Arts, Commerce