IMU CET 2020 Application form will be released in May 2020. IMU CET 2020 or Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test 2020 is conducted by Indian Maritime University. it is a national level exam conducted once in a year for admission in various UG and PG courses. Also, IMU CET should be cleared to get admission in the courses in the field of Marine Engineering. Further, these programs are offered by IMU and its affiliated institution. Moreover, the exam will be conducted in June 2020. The candidates may read the article for complete details regarding the IMU CET 2020.
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Reva University Bengaluru Admissions Open Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
IMU CET Exam Dates
The details regarding the important dates are given in the table below:
|Release date of application form||May 2020|
|Last date to submit application form||May 2020|
|Admit card releases||June 2020|
|IMU CET 2020 Exam||1st week of June 2020|
|Result announcement||2nd week of June 2020|
|Counselling process for UG & PG (except BBA)||2nd week of June 2020|
|Second list release for selected candidates||2nd week of July 2020|
|Third list release for selected candidates (if required)||2nd week of July 2020|
|Certificate verification||Last week of July 2020|
Candidates, those applying for the IMU CET 2020 entrance exam can check here all the important dates regarding the exam. Here, we are providing important dates. Please keep in mind that these dates are not official yet.
IMU CET 2020 Application Form
For the complete guideline of filling the application form, candidates can check the procedure given below:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about IMU CET 2020: Application Form, Dates, Eligibility Criteria
- The application form will be available from May 2020.
- Candidates must fill the IMU CET application form through Online mode from the website.
- The last date to fill the form will be May 2020.
- Then, aspirants have to upload their scanned photograph, signature, 10th Mark sheet photocopy & category certificate (SC/ST).
- Further, Students should download and print the filled-in application in a standard format.
- Finally, automated emails/SMS are sent confirming the submission of application.
The details regarding the application fee are given below:
|General candidate||Rs. 1000/-|
|SC/ST candidates||Rs. 700/-|
- Mode of Payment: Candidates can make payments via online or offline mode.
- Through net banking/credit card or bank challan.
The details regarding the eligibility criteria are given below:
- Age Limit: The minimum age should be 17 years and maximum age should be 25 years on or before 01 August 2020.
- Relaxation: 5 years for reserved category candidates.
- Marital Status: Only unmarried candidates can apply for this exam.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to pass 10+2/ equivalent examination or B.Sc or BE/B.Tech (from IIT or college recognised by AICTE)
- Subjects: Candidates have to pass 10+2/ equivalent examination with PCM or B.Sc in PCM, Electronics with Physics as individual subject in one of the years.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure minimum 60% marks (10+2/ equivalent examination) or not less than 50% marks (B.Sc & BE/B.Tech).
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to pass 10+2/ equivalent examination.
- Subjects: Candidates have to pass 10+2/ equivalent examination with PCM & English Subjects.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure minimum 60% marks in PCM & 50% marks in English.
- Qualifying Exam: Aspirants have to clear 10+2/ equivalent examination.
- Subjects: Candidates have to qualify 10+2/ equivalent examination with PCM & English Subjects.
- Minimum Marks: Aspirants have to score at least 60% marks in PCM & 50% marks in English.
For B.Tech (Lateral Entry):
- Qualifying Exam: Aspirants have to pass Diploma in Engineering.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to pass their bachelor degree from a recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: Aspirants have to obtain at least 50% marks. Score 50% marks in English Subjects in 10th/12th/ UG Degree.
- Qualifying Exam: Aspirants have to clear their Graduation or equivalent degree from a recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure minimum 60% aggregated marks.
NOTE: There will be a 5% relaxation in eligibility marks for SC/ST category.
- Firstly, having a passport is a must.
- But, if candidates want to apply for the marine course, they have to show their medical fitness certificate by Doctors approved by Director General of Shipping.
- Appearing candidates can also apply but they have to qualify their examination on or before 31st May 2020.
Candidates, those seek admission to the marine course (DG shipping approved courses) have to produce a medical fitness certificate which is approved by the Director-General of Shipping. Aspirants with Disability (DA), they are not eligible for admission to the marine programme. Aspirants have to physically fit & meet the medical necessities as specified by DGS guidelines.
Candidates must have good binocular vision. Their vision should be normal i.e. 6/6 in each eye separately. candidates joining B. Tech degree course, their vision should be unaided 0.5 (6/12) in each eye or 0.67 (6/9) in the better eye and 0.33 (6/18) in the other eye. Those applying for DNS, B.Sc. (Nautical Science) & B.Sc. (Maritime Science) degree course, their vision should be unaided 1.0 (6/6) int he better eye and 0.67 (6/9) in the other eye.
Below, we are providing reservation of seats according to the category:
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||27%|
|Differently Abled (DA)||3%|
IMU CET Exam Pattern
The details regarding IMU CET exam pattern are given below:
- Mode of Exam: Online Mode.
- Type of Questions: The question will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- No. of Questions: Total 200 Questions.
- Time of Duration: The total time duration of the whole exam is 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: Each question carries one mark for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking for the wrong answer.
The distribution of IMU CET 2020 exam pattern questions of each subject is given below:
|Subjects||Total No. of Questions|
New IMU CET 2020 Syllabus
The IMU CET 2020 syllabus is different for UG & PG programs.
The syllabus for UG & PG courses below:
For UG Programmes:
- The syllabus of UG course will be comprised of physics, chemistry, Mathematics, English, Aptitude Test & General Knowledge.
- The syllabus is based on plus 2 levels (CBSE, ISE & State Boards).
For PG Programmes:
The syllabus of the PG course consists of MBA & M.Tech syllabus:
- For MBA:
- The syllabus of an MBA program is as follows: Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning.
- For M.Tech:
- The syllabus for the M.Tech course is as follows: Mathematics General, Engineering, General Knowledge, English and Aptitude.
IMU CET Preparation Tips
The preparation tips to crack the IMU CET 2020 exam are given below:
- Firstly, Candidates should concentrate on the exam pattern and syllabus of the CET according to the opt course.
- Also, Aspirants can practice basic Mathematics, GK and English to prepare for the examination.
- Prepare whole IMU CET syllabus with deep study and try to cover all important topics before one month the exam.
- It is very important to make a timetable for study so, make a proper schedule and follow it regularly.
IMU CET 2020 Results
The details regarding the IMU CET 2020 result is given below:
- IMU CET Exam result will be released in June 2020.
- The result will be declared in online mode.
- Then, candidates will check their results through the official website.
- Candidates will need their login id and password to check the IMU CET result.
- The authority will also send automated email/SMS regarding the publication of the result.
Moreover, visit here for more details.
The JEE Main 2020 is also a gateway for maritime engineering courses at top engineering colleges. Apply for JEE Main Application Form online now as it started last week. Furthermore, now JEE Main application is closed and the admit card will be released soon.
imu cet syllabus, imu cet sample papers, imu cet colleges, imu cet application form 2020 april, imu cet result 2020, result of imu cet 2019, indian maritime university, mumbai, imu cet admit card 2019.