JEE Advanced 2020 Notification will be released by Joint Admission Board (JAB). And JAB is constituted of all 7 IITs Members. Whereas, JEE Advanced Notification will be released by JAB and updated by IIT Delhi. Furthermore, the organizing body for this year advanced exam is decided by the Board and IIT Delhi will be organizing JEE Advanced 2020. IIT Delhi recently announced the examination date i.e May 2020. Finally, the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Advanced 2020 Notification will be released along with the information brochure contains all the important information related to JEE (Advanced). And the admissions to the UG Programmes at IITs for all Indian and Foreign nationals are made through the JEE Advanced.
Upcoming Application Form
- CBSE 10th & 12th Board Dates Apply Now
Check JEE Advanced 2020 Updates Here.
JEE Advanced 2020 Notification
The Notification contains three parts: Part 1 is about Institutes, Part 2 is about the examination, Part 3 is about admissions.
- 1st Part: The detailed report about Indian Institutes of Technology, Academic Programs, Reservation of Seats, Defence Service Candidates, Foreign Nationals Eligibility and Other Institutes are given.
- 2nd Part: This Part contains about Examination, Schedule of JEE (Advanced) 2020, JEE (Main) 2020, 10 Eligibility Criteria for Appearing in JEE (Advanced) 2020, Registration for JEE (Advanced) 2020, Registration Fee for JEE (Advanced) 2020, Services of a Scribe, Documents Required for Registration and Admit Card, QuestionPapers, Optical Response Sheet (ORS), Exam centers, Important Instructions for Candidates, Online Display of ORS and Answer Keys, Rank Lists, Declaration of Results and Architecture Aptitude Test for B. Arch. Program.
- 3rd Part: This part contains about Examinations Considered as Equivalent to Class XII, Performance in Class XII (or Equivalent) Board Examination, Joint Seat Allocation, Preparatory Courses, Additional Requirements for Certain Courses, Gender Restriction for Mining Courses, List of Courses Offered by IITs in the Academic Year 2020-21 and Grievances submission.
Part 3 also contains 3 Annexures and these 3 annexures contain the following details:
Annexure‐I: Syllabi Annexure‐II: Certificate Formats Annexure‐III: Courses Offered in the Academic Year 2017‐18, Annexure‐IV: Important Dates Annexure‐V: Contact Details of Zone‐wise IITs.
JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Dates
This table is based on tentative dates as per JEE Advanced 2020 notification.
Important Exam Update
- Updates Regarding JEE Main 2020
|Application Form Available||May 2020|
|Last date to fill Application Form||May 2020|
|Fee payment last date||May 2020|
|Admit Card Download||May 2020|
|Date of Exam||17 May 2020
|Exam response sheet send to the candidates||May – June 2020
|Answer Key date||June 2020|
|Receiving of objections||June 2020|
|Announcement of result||June 2020|
|AAT online registration date||June 2020|
|AAT Exam date||June 2020|
|Declaration result||June 2020|
|Seat allotment||3rd week of June|
Note: Both papers 1 and 2 are compulsory.
Finally, All the candidates, including foreign nationals, must fulfil each and every eligibility criterion to appear in JEE Advanced 2020.
Performance in JEE Main 2020
Candidates must be among the top 2,20,000 rank holders in Paper-1 of JEE Main 2020 (including all categories). Only those candidates who fulfil the above-mentioned condition can apply for JEE Advanced.
The percentages of various categories are: OBC-NCL 27%, SC 15%, ST 7.5% and OPEN 50.5%. Whereas within each of these 4 categories, 3% horizontal reserved for PWD candidates (including Dyslexic).
Candidates born on or after October 1, 1995, can write the examination. However, the SC, ST and PwD candidates can avail 5 years relaxation in age criteria.
Total Number of Attempts: A candidate can appear for Maximum of two times in consecutive years. Hence, 2018 passed & 2020 appearing candidates are eligible for this year exam. Since the bar is set a very high and limited number of attempts, candidates are asked to give their best during preparations.
Appearance in Class XII (or equivalent) examination
A candidate who has appeared for the Class 12th (or equivalent) Board for the 1st time in either 2018 or 2020.
However, candidates whose Class 12th Senior Secondary (or equivalent) examination results for the 2017-18 academic year were available after June 2018 are eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2020.
Previous admission to IITs
A candidate who is NOT in an IIT previously (irrespective of he/she remains in the program or not) OR a candidate who accepted the IIT seat by reporting at a reporting centre in the past. Moreover, the candidates whose admission at IITs was cancelled for some reasons are also NOT eligible to appear in 2020 JEE Advanced.
Furthermore, candidates who have been admitted to any of the IITs for a preparatory course for the first time in 2018 can appear in 2020 JEE Advanced. Also, the candidates who have paid fees for seat acceptance but not accepted the seat in any manner are eligible to appear in Advanced JEE 2020. The last year jee advanced information brochure is attached here.
Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) 2020 Details
|Advanced Result||Jee Counselling|
|Answer Keys||Advanced Exam Dates|
“Stay informed about Latest updates and feature articles regarding JEE Advanced 2020 notification on EntranceZone “
jee advanced 2020 syllabus, jee advanced 2020 date, jee advanced 2018 result, jee advanced cutoff, jee advanced registration, jee advanced 2018 question paper, jee advanced 2020 application form, jee advanced 2018 syllabus.