JEE Advanced 2020 Information Brochure has been released. JEE Advanced 2020 will be organised by IIT Delhi this year. JEE Advanced is organised by one of seven Zonal Coordinating IIT’s guided by the Joint Admission Board (JAB). It is a National Level Engineering Entrance Exam for admission in the Bachelors, Integrated Masters and Dual Degree programs. The exam will be conducted in online mode. Candidate needs to clear the JEE Main exam to be eligible for the examination.
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Reva University Bengaluru Admissions Open Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
The decisions of the JAB 2020 will be final in all matters related to JEE (Advanced) 2020 and admission to IIT’s. Candidates are advised to read the whole article for complete details regarding the JEE exam.
JEE Advanced 2020 Latest Update:
- As per new updates, JEE Main 2020 April exam is postponed. This may effect the JEE Advanced but there is no official statement regarding any postponement of Advanced exam officially.
- JEE Advanced 2020 Information Brochure has been released on 06 March 2020. The application form will be released on 01 May 2020. Click here>Application Form.
- JEE Advanced 2020 exam dates have been announced. Click here>Exam Date.
New Changes in JEE Advanced Previous Year
The new changes in the JEE Advanced exam are given below:
- The examination will be held in online mode only.
- The top 2,50,000 lacs JEE Main rank are considered as qualified candidates for JEE Advanced Exam.
- The candidate must obtain positive marks in JEE Main Paper 1 irrespective of any category.
- Due to GST, the application fee is increased.
JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Dates
The JEE advanced exam dates are mentioned below in the given table.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about JEE Advanced 2020: Brochure (Announced), Application Form, Eligibility
|Application form starts||01 May 2020|
|Application form submission last date||06 May 2020|
|Last date for fee payment of application form||07 May 2020|
|Admit card download||12 May 2020|
|JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Date||17 May 2020 (Announced)|
|Response (copy) to be sent to the candidates||20 – 22 May 2020|
|Answer key releases||27 May 2020|
|Receiving of objection (if any)||27 – 28 May 2020|
|Result declaration of JEE Advanced 2020||08 June 2020|
|Online registration of Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)||08 – 09 June 2020|
|AAT exam date||12 June 2020|
|Result Declaration of AAT||16 June 2020|
|Seat Allotment starts||17 June 2020|
|Last date for seat allotment||3rd week of July 2020|
The above-mentioned dates are as per the notification released by the authority.
Schedule of JEE (Advanced) 2020
The complete details regarding the exam schedule are given below:
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
Lovely Professional University
UPES Design Aptitude Test
GD Goenka DAT
Manav Rachna University
UPES Management Entrance Test
GNIOT Greater Noida
- The examination consists of two papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Each of three hours duration and will be held as per the following schedule:
|Paper-1||Sunday||17-May-2020||09:00 a.m to 12:00 p.m||Session 1|
|Paper-2||Sunday||17-May-2020||14:00 p.m to 17:00 p.m||Session 2|
JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form
The vital information regarding the application form is given below:
- The application form will be released on 01 May 2020.
- Candidates can fill the form in online mode only.
- The last date to submit the application form is 06 May 2020.
- Candidates are advised to fill the details as per the guidelines in the documents.
How to fill the JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form?
Candidates can follow the steps to fill the JEE application form that is given below:
- Visit the official website of the authority.
- Then, candidates have to log in and register themselves using their JEE Main 2020 Login ID.
- Candidates are required to upload the required scanned documents with proper size file and format.
- Candidates are supposed to pay the registration fee. The fee is different for each different category the student belongs to.
- Hence he/she must check the amount for his/her category and pay the fee either online through credit/debit card/internet banking or offline mode as cash using SBI option.
- After the fee, payment submits the page and take at least two printouts of the confirmation page.
JEE Advanced Registration Fee
The details regarding the registration fee are given below:
Registration Fee for Exam Centres in India
Indian Nationals (including PIO/OCI)
Female Candidates (all categories)
All other Candidates
Candidates from SAARC countries
Candidates from Non-SAARC countries
Registration Fee for Exam Centres in Foreign Countries
Indian Nationals (including PIO/OCI)
All Indian Nationals
Candidates from SAARC countries
Candidates from Non-SAARC countries
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern
The details regarding the JEE Advanced Exam pattern is given below:
- Online Mode: From 2020, the exam is conducted via online mode only.
- Number of Papers: JEE Advanced consists of two compulsory papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2).
- Duration of Exam: 3 hours/each paper. Some extra time will be given to the PwD candidates.
- Type of Questions: Objective type (MCQs).
- Language of Question Paper: English and Hindi.
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects will be asked in the exam.
- Negative Marking: Yes, there is a provision of negative marking and different for paper 1 & 2.
- Previous Year Question Papers are available here.
The Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) forms the basis for admission to the following programs in Engineering, Science and Architecture in all the IITs.
- 4-year Bachelors B.Tech., B.S.
- 5-year B.Arch.
- 5-year Dual Degree: B.Tech. M.Tech, B.S., M.S.
- 5-year Integrated Masters: M.Tech., M.sc.Dual Degree.
JEE Advanced Admit Card 2020
The vital information regarding the JEE Admit card is given below:
- The admit card will be released on 12 May 2020.
- Candidates can download the admit card from the official website only.
- Candidates will need their login id and password to view or download the admit card.
- The admit card contains all the details of a candidate i.e. photograph, signature, venue address, papers etc.
- In case of any discrepancy, candidates are advised to contact the Chairman and request the correction.
- Candidates must carry one original Government photo Id proof while attending the examination along with the admit card.
JEE Advanced 2020 Syllabus
The vital information regarding the JEE Advanced syllabus is given below:
- The syllabus for JEE Advanced Exam consists of physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects of 11th & 12th Class.
- The exam conducting body releases the syllabus for the JEE (Advanced) 2020.
- Candidates can download the JEE Advanced 2020 Syllabus PDF here.
The detailed syllabus of the JEE Advanced exam for each subject is given below:
- Physics: General, Mechanics, Thermal Physics, Electricity and Magnetism, Optics and Modern Physics.
- Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus and Vectors.e
- Chemistry: Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry and Organic Chemistry.
- Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) Exam: Freehand drawing, Geometrical Drawing, Three-dimensional perception, Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity and Architectural awareness.
Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) 2020 for B.Arch. Courses
The details regarding the exam for B.Arch courses are given below:
- B. Architecture course is available at IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee only. Candidates who will pass the JEE Advanced examination can appear in AAT later.
- Registration: Students willing to take B.Arch must register online at the official JEE Advanced portal to appear in AAT.
- Duration of Exam: The AAT test is of 3 hours.
- Question Paper Medium: The question is in the English language.
- AAT Admit Card: No separate admit card will be issued for AAT examination.
- Cut-off marks: The Joint Implementation committee uses to decide the cut-off marks for AAT.
- AAT Ranking (Merit List): Applicants scoring marks above the cut-off marks will be eligible for admission in B.Architecture course. As such, there is no ranking in the AAT.
Minimum percentage of marks prescribed for inclusion in the rank list
|Rank List||Minimum percentage of
marks in each subject
|Common rank list (CRL)||10.0%||35.0%|
|OBC-NCL rank list||9.0%||31.5%|
|SC rank list||5.0%||17.5%|
|ST rank list||5.0%||17.5%|
|Common-PwD rank list (CRL- PwD)||5.0%||17.5%|
|OBC-NCL-PwD rank list||5.0%||17.5%|
|SC-PwD rank list||5.0%||17.5%|
|ST-PwD rank list||5.0%||17.5%|
|Preparatory course rank lists||2.5%||8.75%|
NOTE: CRL is the rank list in which all candidates (across all categories) will be given ranks.
JEE Advanced 2019 Marks of First and Last Ranked Candidates in Each Category
|Rank List||Rank||Physics Marks||Chemistry Marks||Mathematics Marks||Total Marks|
|CRL (First Rank)||1||113||105||102||320|
|CRL (Last Rank)||25939||16||46||13||75|
|OBC-NCL (First Rank)||1||108||89||103||300|
|OBC-NCL (Last Rank)||7764||19||36||12||67|
|SC (First Rank)||1||91||93||79||263|
|SC (Last Rank)||3844||7||24||7||38|
|ST (First Rank)||1||74||72||70||216|
|ST (Last Rank)||1134||8||23||7||38|
Source: JEE 2016 Reports by IIT Guwahati.
JEE Advanced 2020 Result
The vital information regarding the JEE result is given below:
- The JEE Advanced Result will be declared on 08 June 2020.
- Candidates can check the result through online mode only.
- Candidates can check their result by entering their login Id and password.
- The notification will be sent by the authority on the candidate’s registered mobile number or email id.
- The AIR(All India Rank) of qualified candidates will be released after the declaration of result.
JEE Advanced 2020 Counselling
The vital information regarding the counselling is given below:
- The counselling seat allotment process will be started on 16 June 2020.
- The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) is the body to manage a centralized counselling for admission into IITs, NITs, ISM & other Government FITs.
- The complete schedule will be updated as soon as JoSSA declares it on the official website.
- Students who will be considered qualified can participate in JoSAA seat allocation process and fill their choices of courses.
- Allotment of the seat will be entirely based on the category-wise All India Rank in the JEE (Advanced) 2020.
JEE Advanced 2020 Notifications: IIT Delhi to Conduct
As per the new announcement, JEE Main 2020 exam is going to be conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) and the examination will be conducted twice in a year, the first attempt in January and the second in April.
Exam Date: 17 May 2020 (Announced)
- Session 1: Paper 1 – 9 am to 12 pm
- Session 2: Paper 2 – 2 pm to 5 pm
Who will conduct JEE Advanced 2020-2021?
List of JEE Advanced Conducting IITs is mention here.
Foreign Nationals Eligibility for Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced)
- Candidates who don’t have the citizenship of India and have studied abroad till class 12 or equivalent are considered as Foreign nationals.
- Foreign nationals are outside the criteria of reservation of seats under the GEN-EWS,
OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD (Persons with Disability) categories.
- Foreign Nationals are not required to take JEE Main examination and may apply for the JEE advanced exam directly.
JEE Advanced Exam Conducting Body Contact Details
The Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) will be organised by IIT Roorkee:
- Address: JEE (Advanced) Office, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India.
- Phone No: +91-1332-284272
- Fax No: +91-1332-285346
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://jeeadv.ac.in/
I appeared in Class XII examination for the first time in 2019. Am I eligible for JEE (Advanced) 2020?
Yes. You are eligible for appearing in JEE (Advanced) 2020 if you fulfil all other eligibility criteria.
During JEE (Main) 2020 registration I have declared my category wrongly. Can I correct it during JEE (Advanced) 2020 registration?
No. Category declared during the JEE (Main) 2020 registration cannot be changed during JEE (Advanced) 2020 registration.
What is the non-creamy layer (NCL) criteria for availing benefits of reservation under OBC-NCL category?
The criteria for Non-Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL) will be as per the current notification of Government of India.
I have taken admission in one of the IITs for preparatory course in 2019. Am I eligible for JEE (Advanced) 2020?
Yes. You are eligible for JEE (Advanced) 2020, provided you satisfy all other eligibility criteria.
jee advanced 2020 registration date, jee advanced 2020 result date, jee advanced 2020 aat syllabus, jee advanced 2020 brochure, jee advanced 2020 paper 1 & 2 syllabus, jee advanced 2020 eligibility.