JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Date has been announced. The entire JEE (Advanced) 2020 Examination will be conducted in a fully computer-based test mode. JEE Advanced 2020 will be organised by IIT Delhi this year. As per media reports & the officials of IIT Delhi announced the same. JEE Advanced 2020 is organised by one of seven Zonal Coordinating IIT’s guided by the Joint Admission Board (JAB). JEE Advanced is a National Level Engineering Entrance Exam to get admitted in the Bachelors, Integrated Masters and Dual Degree programs (entry at the 10+2 level) in all the IIT’s. In 2019, the JEE Advanced was conducted by the IIT Roorkee. To sit in this advanced exam, a candidate needs to clear JEE Main and this time highest score of two JEE Mains will be considered as the eligibility of this examination. National Testing Agency (NTA) is not going to conduct the JEE Advanced Exam.
Upcoming Application Form
- SRM University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
The Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) 2020 will be conducted by the IITs under the guidance of the Joint Admission Board (JAB) 2020. The performance of a candidate in this examination will form the basis for admission to the Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s and Dual Degree programs (entry at the 10+2 level) in all the IIT’s. The decisions of the JAB 2020 will be final in all matters related to JEE (Advanced) 2020 and admission to IIT’s.
The Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) forms the basis for admission to the following programs (entry at 10+2 level) in Engineering, Science and Architecture in all the IITs.
- 4-year Bachelors B.Tech., B.S.
- 5-year B.Arch.
- 5-year Dual Degree: B.Tech. M.Tech, B.S., M.S.
- 5-year Integrated Masters: M.Tech., M.sc.Dual Degree.
JEE Advanced 2020 Latest Update:
- JEE Advanced 2020 exam date has been announced. Click here> Exam Date.
JEE Advanced 2020 Notifications: IIT Roorkee to Conduct
As per new announcement, JEE Main 2020 exam is going to be conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) and the examination will be conducted twice in a year, the first attempt in January and the second in April.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about JEE Advanced 2020: Exam Date (Announced), Application Form, Eligibility
JEE Advanced Exam Date: 17 May 2020 (Announced)
- Session 1: Paper 1 – 9 am to 12 pm
- Session 2: Paper 2 – 2 pm to 5 pm
New Changes in JEE Advanced Previous Year
Candidates must read them carefully.
- Now advanced examination has been held in online mode only.
- Only top 2,24,000 lacs JEE Main rank are considered as qualified candidates for JEE Advanced Exam. The candidate must obtain positive marks in JEE Main Paper 1 irrespective of any category.
- Due to GST, the application fee is increased.
In 2019, Few changes have introduced in the JEE Advanced examination last year.
JEE Advanced 2020 Important Dates
Here, the JEE advanced exam date 2020 is listed below.
|Application form starts||1st week of May 2020|
|Application form submission last date||2nd week of May 2020|
|Last date for fee payment of application form||2nd week of May 2020|
|Admit card download||3rd week of May 2020|
|JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Date||17 May 2020 (Announced)|
|Response (copy) to be sent to the candidates||Last week of May 2020|
|Answer key releases||Last week of May 2020|
|Receiving of objection (if any)||Last week of May 2020|
|Result declaration of JEE Advanced 2020||08 June 2020|
|Online registration of Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)||2nd week of June 2020|
|AAT exam date||12 June 2020|
|Result Declaration of AAT||16 June 2020|
|Seat Allotment starts||17 June 2020|
|Last date for seat allotment||3rd week of July 2020|
Schedule of JEE (Advanced) 2020
The examination consists of two papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2, each of three hours duration and will be held as per the following schedule:
|Paper-1||Sunday||17-May-2020||09:00 a.m to 12:00 p.m||Session 1|
|Paper-2||Sunday||17-May-2020||14:00 p.m to 17:00 p.m||Session 2|
JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form
The application form for the registration of JEE Advanced will be released by IIT Delhi from 03 May 2020. As the duration to fill the application form will short the aspiring students must be quick in registering themselves for the examination. The last date to submit the application form is 09 May 2020. Hence students would probably get about a week to fill and submit the application form.
The steps involved in filling out the application form are as follows:
- Students are supposed to log in and register themselves using their JEE Main 2020 Login ID.
- Students are required to upload the required scanned documents with proper size file and format.
- Students are supposed to pay the registration fee. The fee is different for each different category the student belongs to.
- Hence he/she must check the amount for his/her category and pay the fee either online through credit/debit card/internet banking or offline mode as cash using SBI option.
- After the fee, payment submits the page and take at least two printouts of the confirmation page.
Registration Fee for Exam Centres in India
Indian Nationals (including PIO/OCI)
Female Candidates (all categories)
All other Candidates
Candidates from SAARC countries
Candidates from Non-SAARC countries
Registration Fee for Exam Centres in Foreign Countries
Indian Nationals (including PIO/OCI)
All Indian Nationals
Candidates from SAARC countries
Candidates from Non-SAARC countries
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern
The exam pattern is given here:
- Online Mode: From 2020, the exam is conducted via online mode only.
- Number of Papers: JEE Advanced 2020 is consists of two compulsory papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2).
- Duration of Exam: 3 hours/each paper. Some extra time will be given to the PwD candidates.
- Type of Questions: Objective type (MCQs).
- Language of Question Paper: English and Hindi.
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects will be asked in the exam.
- Negative Marking: Yes, there is a provision of negative marking and different for paper 1 & 2.
- Previous Year Question Papers (2007 to 2018) is Available Here.
Who will conduct JEE Advanced 2020-2021?
List of JEE Advanced Conducting IITs is mention here.
How to download JEE Advanced Admit Card 2020 Online?
The applicants must go through the guidelines mentioned below to download the JEE Advanced admit card 2020.
- Candidates can download the admit card from the JEE Advanced website only.
- The admit card will be released by the exam conducting body i.e. IIT Roorkee from May 2020.
- The admit card contains all the details of a candidate i.e. photograph, signature, venue address, papers etc.
- In case of any discrepancy, candidates are advised to contact the Chairman, JEE (Advanced) 2020 and request the correction.
- Candidates must carry one original Government photo Id proof while attending the examination.
JEE Advanced Syllabus
The JEE Advanced 2020 Syllabus is mentioned below. However, the syllabus for JEE Advanced Exam is comprised of physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects of 11th & 12th Class. The JEE Advanced 2020 exam conducting body released the syllabus for the JEE (Advanced) 2020 will be held on 17 May 2020. The entire JEE (Advanced) 2020 Syllabus for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Architecture Aptitude Test. Download JEE Advanced Syllabus PDF here.
- Physics: General, Mechanics, Thermal Physics, Electricity and Magnetism, Optics and Modern Physics.
- Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus and Vectors.e
- Chemistry: Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry and Organic Chemistry.
- Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) Exam: Freehand drawing, Geometrical Drawing, Three-dimensional perception, Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity and Architectural awareness.
- Download official Syllabus with weightage Here.
Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) 2020 for B.Arch. Courses
- B. Architecture course is available at IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee only. Candidates who will pass the JEE Advanced 2020 examination can appear in AAT later.
- Registration: Students willing to take B.Arch must register online at the official JEE Advanced portal to appear in AAT.
- Duration of Exam: The AAT test is of 3 hours.
- Question Paper Medium: The question is in the English language.
- AAT Admit Card: No separate admit card will be issued for AAT examination.
- Cut-off marks: The Joint Implementation committee uses to decide the cut-off marks for AAT.
- AAT Ranking (Merit List): Applicants scoring marks above the cut-off marks will be eligible for admission in B.Architecture course. As such, there is no ranking in the AAT.
Minimum percentage of marks prescribed for inclusion in the rank list
|Rank List||Minimum percentage of
marks in each subject
|Common rank list (CRL)||10.0%||35.0%|
|OBC-NCL rank list||9.0%||31.5%|
|SC rank list||5.0%||17.5%|
|ST rank list||5.0%||17.5%|
|Common-PwD rank list (CRL- PwD)||5.0%||17.5%|
|OBC-NCL-PwD rank list||5.0%||17.5%|
|SC-PwD rank list||5.0%||17.5%|
|ST-PwD rank list||5.0%||17.5%|
|Preparatory course rank lists||2.5%||8.75%|
NOTE: CRL is the rank list in which all candidates (across all categories) will be given ranks.
JEE Advanced 2016 Marks of First and Last Ranked Candidates in Each Category
|Rank List||Rank||Physics Marks||Chemistry Marks||Mathematics Marks||Total Marks|
|CRL (First Rank)||1||113||105||102||320|
|CRL (Last Rank)||25939||16||46||13||75|
|OBC-NCL (First Rank)||1||108||89||103||300|
|OBC-NCL (Last Rank)||7764||19||36||12||67|
|SC (First Rank)||1||91||93||79||263|
|SC (Last Rank)||3844||7||24||7||38|
|ST (First Rank)||1||74||72||70||216|
|ST (Last Rank)||1134||8||23||7||38|
Source: JEE 2016 Reports by IIT Guwahati.
JEE Advanced 2020 Result
The result will be announced by IIT Delhi & JAB. The Rank List will be declared on 14 June 2020.
- Category Wise All India Ranks (AIR) of successful candidates will be published & available on the official JEE Advanced Portal.
- Text messages will be sent to the candidate’s registered mobile number.
- No Hard Copy of Rank Cards will be sent to candidates postal address. Candidates are advised to download the JEE Advanced Result from Official Website only.
- However, Qualifying in JEE Advanced, filling the choices and/or participating in the Joint Seat allocation process does not guarantee candidates to get admission in IITs. Admission will depend on the availability of seats during various rounds of seat allocation.
Allotment of the seat will be entirely based on the category-wise All India Rank in the JEE (Advanced) 2020.
- In JoSAA, counselling seat allotment process will be started from 16 June 2020.
- The complete schedule will be updated soon as JoSSA declare. The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) is the body to manage a centralized counselling for admission into IITs, NITs, ISM & other Government FITs.
- Students who will be considered qualified can participate in JoSAA seat allocation process and fill their choices of courses.
JEE Advanced Exam Conducting Body Contact Details
The Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) will be organised by IIT Roorkee:
Address: JEE (Advanced) Office, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India.
Phone No: +91-1332-284272
Fax No: +91-1332-285346
Email: [email protected]
JEE Advanced 2020 Information Sheet English
Hindi Information Brochure: संयुक्त प्रवेश परीक्षा (उच्च)
Foreign Nationals Eligibility for Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced)
Foreign Nationals are not required to take JEE Main examination and may apply for the advanced exam directly.
jee advanced 2020 eligibility, jee advanced registration, jee advanced 2018 result, jee advanced 2020 result date, jee advanced 2018 syllabus, jee advanced cut off.