GCET 2020 (GOA-CET or GOA Common Entrance Test) is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education under the Government of Goa. This state-level examination is conducted online, and only in the English medium. It is a state-level entrance exam which is held once in a year. The exam conducting body will issue a score and ranks that aid in the admission of students into courses of Medical (MBBS), Engineering, BDS, BHMS, B.Pharm, Architecture, Technology and Homeopathy pertaining to Institutes that fall under Goa. Application Form for this exam will be available from March 2020. And Candidates intent to write the exam are required to fill out the form and download the admit card if they wish to appear for the entrance exam.
Upcoming Application Form
- CBSE 10th & 12th Board Dates Apply Now
GCET Entrance Highlights 2020
Name of Examination
|Directorate of Technical Education|
Commonly Known As
Check your JEE Main Eligibility Here. Join & Refer your Freind to Earn Paytm Cashback Check Now & Refer
|Exam Conducting Body||Directorate of Technical Education|
State Level Exam
Important Exam Update
Purpose of Exam
|Admissions in Medical (MBBS), Engineering, BDS, BHMS, B.Pharm, Architecture, Technology and Homeopathy.|
Mode of Examination
GOA CET 2020 Important changes
- Applicants must have obtained a minimum aggregate of 50% in their Higher Secondary Education (from the government of Goa or from a recognised board) if from General category and 40% if from SC/ST.
- The application fee in the form of a DD of ₹1800/- payable in favour of “Director of Technical Education”.
- The admission into MBBS course will be offered through NEET score and in B.Arch course through NATA score.
Around 6000 students are expected to participate in the GOA Common Entrance Test 2020 exam.
GOA CET 2020 Important Dates
The important dates and schedule of GCET-2020 are announced by DTE.
|Releasing of application form||1st week of April 2020|
|Last date to submit the form||Last week of April 2020|
|Availability of admit card||1st week of April 2020|
|GCET Exam Date||1st week of May 2020|
|Availability of answer key||3rd week of May 2020|
|Declaration of result||4th week of May 2020|
|Commencement of counselling||Last week of May 2020|
GOA CET Exam Schedule First
- The B.E. & B.Pharm courses Admissions for the academic year 2020-21 in the State of Goa shall be carried out on basis of GCET-2020 Scores,(Goa Common Entrance Test).
- The test will be conducted at various test centres across the state of Goa.
- The prescribed syllabus for GCET 2020 is based on Std. XIIth (Science) i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Maths, which is also prescribed in these subjects by Goa Board, for March- 2019 exam as per following schedule
|Subject||Day & Date||Time (Announced)|
|Physics||07 May 2020||10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon|
|Chemistry||07 May 2020||2.00 p.m. to 4.00 p.m.|
|Mathematics||08 May 2020||10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon|
GOA CET 2020 Application form
- The application will be available at GCET 2020 official website dtegoa.gov.in from March 2020.
- Please do read all the guidelines before applying and make sure not to fill in the wrong details.
- Candidates have to download the application form and take a printout of it.
- The GCET application form has to be filled in offline mode.
- The filled-in application form has to be submitted at the specified locations in person.
- The application fee for GCET 2020 will be ₹2000/-
- A late fee will be ₹1500/-
- Payment must be made in the GCET form 2020 of a demand draft in the favour of “Director of Technical Education”. This must be submitted along with three identical photographs of the candidate and the printout of your duly filled application form A GCET-2020 in person at the notified Application Reception Centre at the location you have opted.
GCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria by DTE Goa is given below.
- Candidates must have passed the Higher Secondary Examination from a school recognised by an apt board of education. Candidates from the general category must hold a minimum of 45%. And for SC/ST category a minimum of 40%.
- Applicants should have majored in Physics, English and Mathematics subjects in the final year of their schooling. And must have undertaken Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science or Biology as one of the optional subjects.
- In order to apply for the courses of Dentistry, Homeopathy, and medicine undergraduate courses. And the candidate must have attained 17 years of age on or before the 31 December 2020.
- If the applicant wishes to opt for a Degree Course in Architecture, he/she must have taken and obtained a valid score in the NATA exam, conducted by the Council of Architecture.
GCET 2020 Syllabus
- Since this exam covers both Medical and Engineering courses, the syllabus is quite branched out.
- GOA Common Entrance Test 2020 covers the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and Biology.
- The syllabus will be from the Higher Secondary Examination and the syllabus prescribed in these subjects by Goa Board, for March- 2020 exam.
- Candidates can get the detailed prospectus and syllabus pdf here and subject wise syllabus PDF is linked below.
GOA Common Entrance Test 2020 Exam Center
Applicants can select the exam centre as per his/her comfort.
|S. No||Exam Centre|
GCET 2020 Examination Pattern
The paper pattern for Goa Common Entrance Test 2020 is mentioned below. Read the detailed information about exam pattern in prospectus attached PDF here.
|Subjects||03; Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics|
|Total no. of Questions||75 (25 Question per subject)|
|Type of Questions||MCQs with four alternatives.|
|Medium of Question paper||English|
|Marking Scheme||01 mark for every correct answer|
Note: The above examination pattern is applicable only for entrance exam organised for admission into different engineering courses. Admission in MBBS & B.Arch will be done only on the basis of marks obtained in NEET & NATA respectively.
GCET Preparation Tips
- Must know the complete details about exam pattern & syllabus.
- Prepare a timetable for the study and give equal attention to all the subjects.
- Also, go through the previous year’s question papers & model papers.
- Do revisions on a daily basis.
- Stay healthy and fit.
How to Download GCET 2020 Admit Card
- Admit cards for the GCET 2020 will be available form last week of April 2020.
- The hall ticket of GCET 2020 will be available to the candidate at the notified Application Reception Centre when the payment is made and the verified application form is submitted.
|Find Official GCET 20 Form A and complete Goa CET Information brochure here.|
How to download GCET 2020 Answer Key?
- The answer key is vital for any candidate as it gives him/her an idea of how well he/she has taken.
- It also gives the candidate time to prepare for further steps.
- The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Goa state has provided the answer keys for GCET 2020 after the examination.
- The answer key has been available on the website.
GCET 2020 Results
- As mentioned earlier, the Goa CET 2020 exam results will be announced on 11 May 2020.
- And the scorecard carries all the details of the candidate including the merit list and state rank.
- Furthermore, the result is based on the score/marks obtained in the Goa Common Entrance Test.
GCET 2020 Counselling
- Counselling for the various seats have been done by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Goa state.
- It is conducted from 17 May 2020.
- The counselling will be done purely based on the merit list and rank of the candidate.
- If any fraudulent is found, or the eligibility criteria does not match, the application of the candidate will be dismissed.
GCET 2020 Seat Allotment
- Allotment of the seats under GCET 2020 will be purely based on the merit list, rank, and a number of vacancies, seat ground, and reservation criteria.
- It is an absolute must that the candidate must attend the counselling.
GCET 2020 Participating Institutes
A great many institutes under various domains in Goa use GCET scores to allocate undergraduate program seats. Some of the best Engineering colleges that use GCET scores are:
- Goa College of Engineering
- Padre Conceicao College of Engineering
- Shree Rayeshwar Institute of Engg. & Info Tech.
- Don Bosco College of Engineering
- Agnel Institute of Technology and Design
- Goa College of Architecture
- The Goa polytechnic or Diploma admission is also conducted by DTE, Goa.
- And, The counselling will process will start on May 2020.
- Read about Goa Polytechnic admission here.
|Goa Polytechnic 2020||Goa Diploma Admission|
“Stay Informed about EntranceZone latest updates and feature articles on GOA CET 2020.”
gcet mba 2019, gcet 2019 prospectus, gcet 2019 application form, gcet 2019 exam date, gcet 2019 official website, gcet exam 2019 gujarat, gcet. official website, gcet 2018 official website, gcet exam 2018 gujarat, gcet 2019 registration.