Mahatma Gandhi University was established in the state of Meghalaya through the state legislative act of the state in 2010. The body which is sponsoring Mahatma Gandhi University Meghalaya has diverse experience and knowledge in this field of education. The university has been set up with the aim to provide the education of best quality to its students. The university provides a challenging curriculum and a learning environment which is supportive so that the students can learn effectively. The institute promises to become one of the leading universities of India which is recognised and is known for its excellence in research as well as in teaching.
Hence, it able to get success in all spheres including professional education. Therefore it has successfully emerged as a global university showing its strength in the field of education and entrepreneurship. As a result of this, the students are trained to be well-trained graduates, post-graduates, and doctorates who are able to satisfy the manpower needs of the world with their professionalism.
APPLICATION/ ADMISSION PROCEDURE: Mahatma Gandhi University Meghalaya
- The application fee of Rs. 1000/- needs to be deposited at the Mahatma Gandhi University campus for the entrance test MGU-GET or a demand draft for the same can be drawn in favour of Mahatma Gandhi University which is payable at Meghalaya
- Students who have appeared for and qualified any national level examination such as AIEEE, UPSEE, DCE, CAT etc can submit their application forms online and on the basis of their merit, they will be called in for the counselling and personal interview
- After the application form and the application fee is submitted, the candidate can appear for the MGU-GET entrance test at the centre which has been allocated to them
- The students can also book the exam dates as well as the exam centre online from the options available to them. After the booking is successful, the student will be able to download an admit card which is mandatory to be carried to the examination hall as well as at the time of counselling.
- The university has a belief that there should not exist any monetary limitations on the students which stop them from accessing education of supreme quality which is why the university provides scholarship to its students to help them recognize the talent which might be concealed due to financial problems and also to reward the students who are brilliant and deserving while they seek admission to the university.
- The scholarships are presented at the graduate as well as postgraduate level.
- Two levels of scholarships are provided, level 1 and level 2.
MAHATMA GANDHI UNIVERSITY MEGHALAYA
The mission of the university is to offer such excellent standards of learning that it cannot be matched elsewhere and to create and distribute knowledge so as to help its students take the best advantage of the educational prospect. The university has an aim of identifying and removing constraints if any exists on the learning process of its students so that they are able to discover their talent and interest and also to develop human potential and intellect to the highest level possible.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Mahatma Gandhi University Meghalaya, MGU Admission Open
Mahatma Gandhi University Meghalaya has an aim of becoming the choice of university of the students of India as well as the world so as to be able to develop qualities such as forward thinking, socially sensitive, responsible and being able to use this advanced information and communication technology to be able to create, conserve as well as distribute knowledge. The university aims at building leaders of tomorrow with the morals and ideals of heroes of the past.
Since, Mahatma Gandhi is an encouragement for millions of people across the globe for his principles, vision, and knowledge, the university deriving its name from the legend has also been following his footsteps with a mission to create a difference in the field of education.
ACCREDITATIONS, AWARDS, AND ACHIEVEMENTS: Mahatma Gandhi University Meghalaya
- The Mahatma Gandhi University Meghalaya has been recognised by UGC under section 22 of the UGC Act 1956
- It is a member of the association of Indian Universities which is an organisation which promotes activities of the university.
- And got the recognition by the Bar Council of India which is a body created for the regulation and representation of the Indian bar. They set standards for providing legal education. And offers recognition to those universities whose degree in law can serve as a qualification for enrolling them as an advocate.
- Have the recognition by UNESCO-based association comprising of educational institutions of higher education worldwide.
- The university procured award in the field of the best innovation in the World Education Summit in the year 2012.
- It has also been awarded as excellence in Distance Education University at the India International Center in New Delhi on 16th December 2012.
Mahatma Gandhi University Meghalaya COURSES OVERVIEW:
- Diploma in computer application for 1-2 years with the eligibility criteria being 10+2 in any stream
- Advance diploma in computer application for 2-4 years with the eligibility criteria being 10+2 in any stream
- Bachelor in computer application for 3-6 years with the eligibility criteria being 10+2 in any stream
- Bachelor of science in information technology for 3-6 years with the eligibility criteria being 10+2 in any stream
- Diploma in business administration for 1-2 years with the eligibility criteria being 10+2 in any stream
- Bachelor of business administration for 3-6 years with the eligibility criteria being 10+2 in any stream
- Advance diploma in business management for 1-2 years with the eligibility criteria being 10+2 in any stream
- Master of business administration for 2-4 years with the eligibility criteria being a graduate in any stream
- MBA in hospital administration for 2-4 years with the eligibility criteria being a graduate in any stream
- Bachelor of science in hardware and networking for 3-6 years with the eligibility criteria being 10+2 in any stream.
RESEARCH AT A GLANCE:
- The university is a member of Asian Association of Open Universities to provide distance education opportunities to the students so as to help them avail the learning opportunities.
- The university is a member of the PhD chamber of commerce and industry. And its establishment was in the year 1905. It works at the grass-root level with strong national as well as international links.
- MGU is a member of the federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry which is the voice of the business industry of India.
- Its partnership is with the program of World Bank on climate change so as to start an interactive dialogue on the issues related to climate change.
- MGU is a member of the NASSCOM which is a trade body at a global level and has over 1500 members. The organisation has 250 companies under it from all over the world which is in the business including software services and products, e-commerce etc.
- The university is also a member of the inter-university sustainable development research program which has the aim to build a platform for its members to carry out research on topics such as sustainable development
- The university is also a member of the UN Global Compact Network India so as to set the context of development agenda post-2015 in Indian context
Mahatma Gandhi University Meghalaya
- Khanapara Campus:
13th Mile, GS Road,
Khanapara under Dist-Ri-Bhoi
- Tura Campus:
West Garo Hills
“Stay informed about EntranceZone Latest updates and feature articles regarding MAHATMA GANDHI UNIVERSITY MEGHALAYA”