JEE Advanced Seats Distribution 2018: The seat distribution in JEE Advanced is based on Reservation of Seats for different categories based on the rules of the Government of India. Seats for Defence Service Candidates, reservation for Foreign Nationals and recently the Supernumerary Seats for Female Candidates are announced by Organizing Chairman JEE (Advanced)-2018 IIT Kanpur.
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admission Open Apply Now
- Manav Rachna University Admissions Open 2019 Apply Here
- Bennett University B.Tech Admissions Open Apply Here
- Chandigarh University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
- Lovely Professional University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
- Chandigarh Group of Colleges Admission Open Apply Here
JEE Advanced Seats Distribution 2018: Reservation of Seats
The certain number of seats are reserved according to the rules of the Government of India. And the categories and the extent of reservation of seats are as follows:
|S.No.||Categories||Percentage of reserve seats in every course.|
|1.||Other Backward Classes belonging to the Non-Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL)||27%|
|2.||Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|3.||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|4.||Persons with Disability (PwD)||5% seats in each of OPEN, OBC-NCL, SC and ST category seats.|
Important Points for Reservation Categories According to Central List
- OBC Reservation: The Other Backward Classes should be listed in the current updated central list of OBCs (www.ncbc.nic.in). OBCs present in the state list but not covered in the central list of OBCs (as per the list in www.ncbc.nic.in) are NOT eligible to claim the reservation.
- ST / SC Reservation: The benefit of reservation will be given only to those castes and tribes that are mentioned in the respective central list of corresponding states published by the Government of India (websites: www.socialjustice.nic.in and www.tribal.nic.in).
Persons with Disability (PwD)
The category of a candidate will remain same as filled in JEE Main Application Form 2018, which is recorded and made available by the JEE Apex Board [Examination conducting body of JEE (Main) 2018. Furthermore, No requests for change of category will be entertained.
Defence Service Candidates
Eligibility for Wards of Defence Candidates: The Defence Service (DS) candidates are wards of defence/paramilitary personnel killed or permanently disabled in war or peacetime operations. And to avail the seats under DSC quota, a DS candidate must be in the Common Rank List of JEE (Advanced) 2018.
Number of Seats: Two seats are reserved for DS candidates in each Institute.
Seats for Foreign Nationals in IITs
Extra Seats For Female Candidates
Recently IIT council announced a new change in female seats to improve the gender balance in UG courses at IITs on January 24, 2018. The seats for female candidates are increased from 8% to 14% from 2018-19 session. These seats are supernumerary (extra) and without any disturbance in the total number of seats that were available to non-female candidates in the previous academic year. According to the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, These extra seats will be offered (a) to only qualified female candidates of JEE (Advanced) – 2018, and, (b) strictly based on the performance in JEE (Advanced) – 2018.