JEE Main exam date is announced by CBSE, the offline exam will be conducted on 01 and 08 April 2018. Probably the application form will be available from the first week of December 2017 onwards. Also, all the applicants should have an aadhaar card as aadhar card has been made mandatory for registration. Moreover, those candidates who don’t have an aadhar card, they should enrol for a new aadhar card. New changes in Jee Main score calculation is incubated last year. JEE Main 2018 is an important exam to procure a seat in top engineering colleges like 31 NITs, CFTIs, IIITs and other government colleges. Also, Joint Entrance Exam (MAIN) is an eligibility exam for Joint Entrance Exam (Advanced). Seems like CBSE is going to release the notification along with admission process for JEE Main 2018 in November 2017.
Read especially relevant information about Jee Main 2018, Application form, Eligibility, Syllabus, Cutoff, Admit Card, Exam Dates, Result Dates, Counselling Procedure.
- The Free downloadable Jee Study Material section is available below. And JEE Advanced dates are announced by IIT Kanpur i.e. 20 May 2018.
- Finally, MHRD asked CBSE to go for JEE MAIN Exam instead of waiting for approval for single engineering entrance exam. Since this entrance test is of national importance and around 13 lakhs students appear in Joint Entrance Exam.
- 1 JEE Main 2018 Important Dates
- 2 JEE Main Syllabus
- 3 JEE Main 2018 Application Form
- 4 JEE Main Admit Card 2018
- 5 JEE MAIN 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- 6 JEE Main 2018 Exam Pattern
- 7 How to calculate Percentile of Class XII Marks?
- 8 JEE Main 2018 Cutoffs
- 9 Important Information Regarding JEE Main 2018:
- 10 Exam Papers
JEE Main 2018 Important Dates
These jee mains 2018 exam date are released. But jee main form date release is yet to be announced. Furthermore, Check the updated information frequently.
JEE Main 2018 Important Dates: Exam Calendar
|S.No.||Name of Event||Dates|
|1.||Release of Admission Notification||08 November 2017|
|2.||Commencement of Online Application Form||11 December 2017|
|3.||Deadline for Application Form||Third Week of January 2018|
|4.||Facility for Photograph and Signature Correction||Second Week of December 2017 (onwards)|
|5.||Deadline to Submit Application Fee||Third Week of January 2018|
|6.||Opening of Correction Window||Last Week of January 2018 to First Week of February 2018|
|7.||Availability of Admit Card for Downloading||Second Week of March 2018|
|8.||Offline Examination Date (Pen & Paper Based Test)||01 April 2018|
|9.||Online Examination Date ( Computer Based Test)||08 April 2018|
|10.||Unofficial Answer Keys||Same Day of Exam|
|11.||Official Answer Keys & OMR Sheet Display||Third Week of April 2018|
|12.||Declaration of Result (Availability of Scorecard & Rank List)||Last week of April 2018|
|13.||Jee Advanced online exam||20 May 2018|
|14.||Counselling for Jee Main begins||Last week of May|
JEE Main Syllabus
JEE Mains 2018 syllabus is prepared by the exam conducting body i.e. CBSE. The syllabus is based on 10+2 board Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Whereas, PCM syllabus is given here. Moreover, topics taught in 11th and 12th of CBSE, ICSE and State Boards are included. So, it is important for admission seekers to prepare from both (XI and XII) class syllabus.
Syllabus of Paper 1
Syllabus for Paper 2
- Aptitude Test Syllabus
Download Syllabus PDF Here.
JEE Main features introduced last year:
In 2017, MHRD introduced some changes in the structure of the exam.
- A candidate’s performance in his/her XII Board Exams is considered while allotting rank to them from last year.
- Moreover, to be considered for admission to IITs, NITs, and CFTIs, a candidate should have secured minimum 75 % in XII boards (65% for SC, ST) or be in the top 20 percentile of his class XII Board.
- Also, Aadhar card is mandatory for filling up the JEE MAIN 2018.
- Furthermore, the candidates from the states of Assam, Meghalaya and J & K are exempted from the above-mentioned rule. And, Instead of Aadhar card, they can provide any other valid Govt. identity proof.
JEE Main 2018 Application Form
Following are the application process to fill the jee main form 2018.
- The Application form is available via online only. No provision to go through offline.
- And, the candidate can opt to take offline mode exam as well.
- The Online application form will be released in the first week of December 2017.
- To apply for JEE MAIN, Candidates must have Aadhaar card details i.e. Aadhaar Number/Aadhaar Enrollment Number/ Registration Number given by facilitation centres.
- In addition to personal and academic details, candidates scanned copy of photograph, signature and thumb impression is required as per notification details.
- Furthermore, the acknowledgement page must be downloaded and printed to produce as proof in future.
|Category||For general and OBC (Male): Offline||For SC/ST and female: Offline||General and OBC (Male) & SC/ST and female: Online|
|Paper I||Rs.1000||Rs.500||Rs.500 (Unreserved & OBC Male)|
Rs.250 (for all Females)
|Paper I & II Both||Rs.1800||Rs.900||Rs.1300 (Male: Unreserved & OBC)|
Rs.650 (For SC/ST & Females)
For Overseas students, application form fee is as follows.
For Offline and Online modes, the fee is same but differ for male and female candidates.
- Male- Rs. 2500/- for Paper I only and for paper I & II, price is 3800/-
- Female- Rs. 1250/- for Paper I only and for both papers I & II, price is Rs.1900/-
How to Apply for JEE Main 2018: Step By Step Application Form Filling Procedure
Before filling the form please check application form eligibility.
- Firstly, candidates need to visit the official website of CBSE Joint Entrance Exam Main 2018.
- Then, click on the “Apply for JEE Main 2018” link.
- Next, there will be some essential instructions on the page. Applicants must read those instructions carefully before proceeding further. Then, click on “Proceed to Apply Online” link.
- Then, fill all the details that will be asked in the authentication form and Submit.
- Now, Online Application Form is in front of you.
- Here, fill all the asked personal and academic details.
- Then, Verify Your Filled Details before submitting the application form.
- Next, the applicants need to Upload Scanned Images of their recent coloured passport sized photograph and signature.
- Further, click Browse and select the scanned images.
- Then, Final Uploading of the scanned images.
- Lastly, Pay the TEST Fee.
- Also, the applicants can pay the application fee either through online mode or offline mode as per their convenience.
- After confirming the fee payment, again login with allotted Application Number and selected Password.
- Finally, Print Acknowledgement Page.
- Moreover, the candidates should keep this hard copy safe for future reference.
How to check the status of JEE Main application form?
The Candidate can check the application form status after submission.
- The applicants must check their application form and fee payment status on the official website. They can download the acknowledgement page only after the status is ‘OK’ and the application form fee payment has been accepted.
- More than one application from the same candidate is marked invalid.
- The name of the candidate and his or her parents must be same as in Class 12th Mark Sheet. No prefix/title is to be added.
- The candidates get an option to modify some particulars after nearly a week of the deadline of application form submission. But, no offline requests for change is entertained. Moreover, the candidates are allowed to make changes in certain fields only.
- The Honourable High Court of Delhi alone have the right to take decisions over any matters related to IIT JEE Main 2018 as JEE Apex Board at CBSE Delhi organizes JEE Main 2018. Also, the decision of JEE Apex Board regarding the eligibility of any candidate will be final.
- Further, a candidate should have a personal and valid E-Mail ID and Contact Number and retain the same in use to receive important information or updates regarding JEE MAin 2018 via SMS or email.
- The candidates should address all correspondence related to JEE MAIN 2018 to the below address.
The Executive Board, (JAB),
Central Board of Secondary Education,
H – 149, Sector – 63, Noida,
District – Gautam Budh Nagar, 201309 (U.P.)
JEE Main 2018 Application Form Correction Dates
- The applicants get the provision to do corrections in uploaded images (photograph and signature) before the admit card printing.
- Furthermore, alterations in some of the details in the application form such as the change in mode from offline to online, centre/city, change in paper, etc. may be allowed.
- So, Candidates should fill the application forms with utmost correctness without any mistakes.
JEE Main Admit Card 2018
How to Download JEE Main 2018 Admit Card? The steps are given below:
- The admit card of JEE Main 2018 may be available for the Second Week of March 2018.
- Whereas, CBSE releases admit card through online mode only on the official website of JEE Main 2018.
- Furthermore, the admit card consist of all the information related to the examination and the candidate. if a candidate finds any dispensary in details, please contact the exam conducting body immediately.
- Also, Admit Card contains details regarding exam centres, timings, roll number and papers applied.
JEE MAIN 2018 Eligibility Criteria
What is the JEE Main Exam Eligibility Criteria? Following are the Eligibility Criteria to secure a seat in 31 NITs and CFTIs:
- Qualifying Examination: The candidates should have secured more than 75% marks in the 12th board from CBSE, State Board or any other equivalent board.
- Exemption: Relaxation of 5% will be for those who belong to SC/ST category (65% for SC/ST) is given.
- Subjects: The qualification exam must be passed/appearing in 5 subjects includes Physics, Chemistry, Maths with English and optional subject.
- No Minimum Marks: There are no minimum marks required to sit in the exam but candidate must pass the qualifying exam.
- No of Attempts/Passing year: The candidates who appeared and passed Senior Secondary Board Exams in 2016 & 2017 are eligible to apply. Moreover, Appearing candidates of 2018 are also eligible to apply. Also, Only three attempts are allowed to clear the Main exam. And two consecutive attempts for Jee Advanced exam.
- Also, it is mandatory to qualify Joint Entrance Examination (Main) 2018 to get admission in participating colleges.
- Diploma Holders: Applicants with Diploma are allowed to appear in the exam for admission into IITs only but not into JEE Main Colleges. So, Diploma candidates can give JEE Main to appear further in JEE Advanced Only.
Age Criteria: jee main 2018 age limit
- Date of Birth: The candidates should be born on or after 01 October 1993.
- Exemption: Relaxation of 5 years upper age limit for SC/ST & PWD candidates, Means the D.O.B must falls on or after 1st October 1988.
JEE Main 2018 Important Instructions by CBSE
- The application form will be available online and aspirants can fill it in online mode only.
- Before proceeding with the application, the candidates must ensure to satisfy the eligibility criteria failing which the admission may get cancelled by the concerned institution at the time of document verification. Hence, a candidate should check the eligibility criteria before starting to fill the application form.
- Also, the applicants who submit the application form and paid the application form fee before the deadline will get their admit cards and are allowed to appear in the examination.
- As mentioned before, the Aadhaar Card Details are mandatory during the application form filling process. The candidates belonging to Jammu and Kashmir, Assam, and Meghalaya need not submit their Aadhaar Card Details. Such candidates are allowed to submit their Passport Number, Ration Card Number, Bank Account Number, or any Other Valid Government Identity Number provided they select the city of examination in these states only.
- Finally, the application form fee can be paid either through online mode (Credit Card / Debit Card) or through offline mode (E-Challan). The E-Challan payment can be done in Syndicate Bank / Canara Bank / ICICI Bank / HDFC Bank. In addition to this, no other mode of payment of the non-refundable application form fee is acceptable. Also, Additional processing charges will apply in the case of payment through Credit Card / Debit Card.
JEE Main 2018 Exam Pattern
This year also the JEE Main 2018 pattern remains the same. And the pattern of jee follows two papers in which paper 2 is optional for B.Arch aspirants. And the question paper will check the deep knowledge of participating candidates. So the students need to be industrious and have to put forth hard labour. Furthermore, though it can be tackled wisely and smartly as well. As a result, conceptual erudition is what is required.
Consequently, In JEE Main Exam Pattern there will be two papers conducted on the same date. The applicant can apply for both the papers.
For JEE MAIN Paper-1
The Paper 1 is for B.E/B.Tech Engineering. And most of the students appearing in JEE MAIN opt for Paper 1 only.
Mode of Exam: Paper one will take place in both the modes i.e. Online (CBT) & offline (PBT) mode.
Subjects: Paper 1 contains Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
Type of Questions: Only Objective type MCQs will be asked from Physics, Chemistry & Maths.
Number of Questions: Total of 90 objective type questions, 30 from each subject (PCM)
Total Marks: 360 Marks.
Duration of Exam: The time duration of exam is 3 Hours.
Marking Scheme: Candidates will get 4 marks for each correct answer.
Negative Marking: 1 Mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
For JEE MAIN Paper-2
The Paper 2 is for those candidates who desire to pursue a career in B. Arch. and B. Planning.
Mode of Exam: Paper two will take place in offline mode only.
Type of Questions: The Mathematics & Aptitude test paper will contain objective type questions. whereas Drawing test will be subjective and based on sketching.
Number of Questions: There will be 30 objective type questions in Mathematics section. 50 question will be from Aptitude test section. And the paper contains two (02) questions of drawing test.
Total Marks: Thus comprising of 390 overall marks.
Duration of Exam: The time duration of exam is 3 Hours
Marking Scheme: 4 marks for each correct answer.
Negative Marking: 1 Mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
IIT JEE 2018 Pattern:
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Physics||30 Questions||120 Marks|
|Chemistry||30 Questions||120 Marks|
|Mathematics||30 Questions||120 Marks|
|Total Marks||360 Marks|
|Mathematics||30 Questions||120 Marks|
|Aptitude Test||50 Questions||200 Marks|
|Drawing||02 Questions||70 Marks|
|Total Marks||390 Marks|
Mode of Examination for JEE Main 2018
|Paper 1 (B.E. / B. Tech.)||Pen and Paper Based|
|Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Paper 2 (B. Arch. / B. Planning)||Pen and Paper Based|
JEE Main 2018 Answer Key
The official JEE Main answer key and the images of response sheets of Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be available here and on the official in the Third Week of April 2018. Then, the aspirants can check their answers to estimate the marks that they will score in the examination. Also, CBSE will accept challenges by the candidates who are not satisfied with the answer key. But, such candidates need to pay a fee of Rs. 1,000 /- per question for the challenge.
How to improve the score in JEE Mains?
For Improving the JEE Main Score. First of all, revise 11th class syllabus between November 2017 and January 2018. And if not able to revise the syllabus of 11th class. then the candidate must devote time to do a quick revision. As almost 45-47 percent questions are asked from 11th syllabus also. go for a quick recapitulation of the whole syllabus. The important concepts, formulae and facts must be noted and revised properly.
The Best way to revise is Attempt an old year’s papers & sample papers frequently.
Also, be relaxed.
How many attempts are allowed for JEE Mains?
For Joint Entrance Examination (MAIN) 3 attempts are allowed, Where the first can be given while appearing for the Board exam and next 2 consecutive years. And for Jee advanced only 2 attempts are allowed.
Let’s say if a candidate is appearing in JEE MAINs 2018 along with 12th Board than he can appear in 2019 & 2020. Whereas for the Advanced candidate can appear only twice and in that case if he is appearing in 2018 than only one attempt will be left, that can be taken in 2019.
JEE MAIN: 3 Attempts
JEE Advanced: 2 Attempts
How to Regenerate Your Jee Application Number?
Go to JEE MAINS official website, and click on Forgot Application Number?
Enter the following Information and click submit
Date of Birth:
State of Eligibility :
Security Pin (case sensitive):
What is the cut-off in JEE Mains 2017?
jee cutoff will be announced by CBSE after completion of the exam. The minimum score to qualify jee main will be released by the CBSE. And applicants are required to score equal or more than the cut-off marks in order to attain the counselling. Also, the Cut off score will be different for a different category.
JEE Main Cutoff is decided by the comparative marking/scoring pattern of the applicants in the exam.
Is the examinee is permitted to carry the Test Booklet ?
Yes, the candidates appearing in examination are allowed to carry the JEE Question booklets.
Can we use correction pen to correct in JEE OMR Answer sheets?
NO, one can not use correction pen, if used, the answer will be marked as the wrong attempt.
How should I prepare for JEE Main Exam in last 15 days?
Do these 4 steps every day-
Go through NCERT Syllabus
Read Class notes/class module theory, clear your fundamentals
Solve last year & Sample Paper, Discuss in groups
This is the way to for you to maximise the score in mains exam.
What is the minimum age limit for appearing in the Entrance Examination?
Minimum age limit:
Candidate should have a date of Birth on or before 1 October 2017. This age is relaxed by 5 years for SC, ST and PWD Candidates.
How to calculate Percentile of Class XII Marks?
The candidates must not confuse between ‘percentage’ and ‘percentile’. These two terms are completely different entities. Whereas, a percentage is a number out of 100. But, a percentile score of a candidate shows the number of candidates who scored below that candidate in the same Board Examination.
- For paper 1, the percentile score will be calculated by considering five subjects as given below.
- Biology / Biotechnology / Chemistry / Technical Vocational Subject
- Any other subject
- And for paper 2, the percentile score will be calculated by considering five subjects as given below.
- Other four subjects
- Whereas, If the candidates got only letter grades from Board instead of the equivalent percentage of marks, then such candidates must obtain a certificate from the same Board mentioning the equivalent marks and need to submit it at the time of seat acceptance failing which the decision of CSAB / JoSAA will be final.
- Finally, the category wise cut off marks for the top 20 percentile are calculated on the basis of marks of all SUCCESSFUL candidates of respective Boards in a particular year.
- And the cutoff marks for the candidates under People With Disability (PwD) category will be same as the lowest among the cutoff marks for candidates under Unreserved, Other Backward Classes – Non-Creamy Layer, Scheduled Castes, and Scheduled Tribes categories.
- Further, the top 20 cutoffs for a particular academic year will be considered for the candidates who pass 10 + 2 (or equivalent) in that year only.
- Also, If any Board does not provide the details about the top 20 cutoff percentile, then such candidates need to produce a certificate from respective Board mentioning that he/she falls under the top 20 percentile of SUCCESSFUL candidates failing which the cutoff marks of CBSE will be considered.
JEE Main 2018 Result
- The result of JEE Main 2018 will be declared by CBSE in the Last Week of April 2018.
- And the jee main result will display the actual score of the candidate in different subjects and overall score along with the rank in the entrance examination.
- Also, On the basis of this result, the candidates get to know about their eligibility for JEE Advanced 2018.
- Whereas, IITs, NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, SFTIs, and others consider the All India Rank (AIR) of the candidates for their admissions.
- The rank predictor for JEE will be available on this page after the exam concluded.
- Finally, top 2,24,000 (including all categories) JEE Main candidates will be allowed to seat in JEE Advanced.
JEE Main 2018 Cutoffs
- The aspirants need to score at least the cutoff marks to become eligible for JEE Advanced and eligible for admission to top engineering colleges.
- And, the actual cutoff marks are available after the commencement of the test. But, the candidates can assume the approximate cutoffs by having a look at the previous years’ cutoffs.
- Finally, JEE Main Cutoffs for the academic year 2017 was as below.
- Common Rank List – 81
- Other Backward Classes (OBC – NCL) – 49
- Scheduled Caste (SC) – 32
- Scheduled Tribe (ST) – 27
- PWD – 1
JEE Main 2018 Counselling, Seat allotment and Admission Process
The details of jee mains counselling process are described here.
- CSAB / JoSAA will conduct JEE Main 2018 Counselling for admissions to IITs / NITs / IIITs and CFTIs.
- Whereas the candidates will get the admissions on the basis of their All India Rank and their preferences and number of seats available in participating institutes.
- And participation in counselling and seat allocation process is compulsory for the candidates to get a seat in participating engineering colleges.
- In addition, Many colleges who are not part of Counselling but offer admissions on the basis of the performance in JEE Main Exam. And accepts JEE Scorecard. So, the aspirants need to apply for those counselling directly.
Frequently Asked Questions about JEE Main 2018:
Q1. What will be the difficulty level of Examination?
Ans. There are chances of upgrading the difficulty level of Joint Entrance Examination Main. And the difficulty level may be near to the level of Joint Entrance Examination Advanced. Furthermore, CBSE will set the paper in such a manner in order to test the scientific skills of the candidates.
Q2. How many attempts are allowed in JEE Main 2018?
Ans. The aspirants can appear for the examination for just three (3) times in their complete lifetime. But, it is compulsory for the candidates to satisfy the eligibility criteria, failing which their candidature may be rejected. However, when the National Testing Service (NTS) accepts the offer to conduct the examination, it may be possible that the examination may take place twice in the same year. Approximately, 2.2 Lakh candidates will qualify to appear in the Advanced examination.
Q3. How many students are allowed to sit in JEE Advanced 2018?
Ans. The JAB (Joint Admission Board) has recently notified about the increase in a number of eligible candidates for Jee Advanced from 2.20 lakh to 2.24 lakh. The number of seats and other details regarding the JEE 2018 will be published soon.
How to prepare for JEE Main 2018?
- The aspirants should make a proper study timetable.
- And the candidates must have a look at syllabus and examination pattern.
- In addition, the students should be well-versed with the topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics of Class 11th and 12th.
- And, a good command over NCERT books is essential to score good marks in the examination.
- whereas, the applicants should also practice questions from past year question papers and mock tests to analyze their preparation and also know about the difficulty level of the examination.
- Time Management is as important as other parameters.
- Therefore, relieving stress and maintaining the health is also equally essential.
Important Information Regarding JEE Main 2018:
Conducting body: CBSE – Central Board of Secondary Education.
Colleges: More than 1000s of engineering colleges in India including 31 National Institute of Technology (NITs), CFTIs and IIITs.
Level of Exam: National Level Engineering Entrance Exam
Stage: This First stage for JEE Advanced for Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) Admissions.
Application form release (jee main form 2018): 08 December 2017
Offline Exam Date: 01 and 08 April 2018
Whereas admission in IIT is solely depended on the JEE Advanced All India Rank.
Stay Tuned about JEE MAIN 2018 Here and for any queries feel free to comment below.
JEE MAIN 2018 Study Material Download Section
Most noteworthy, download the following important Exam question paper pdf for preparation.
|Narayana IIT Academy Jee Sample Papers (Chemistry) Pdf – Click Here|
FIIT Jee Sample Papers IIT JEE MAIN 2012 Pdf – Click Here
FIIT Jee Solutions IIT JEE 2013 Pdf – Click Here
JEE Sample Paper 2014 Pdf – Click Here
To gather more information, visit official site http://jeemain.nic.in/