JEE Main 2020 Paper 2 is for (B. Arch. / B. Planning.). Candidates seeking admission to Bachelor of Architecture at IITs, NITs, SPA and other important Architecture Colleges must appear in JEE Main 2020 Paper 2 Exam. Paper 2 is conducted in offline mode only. NTA has introduced some changes like, applicants should enter their Aadhaar card details issued by UIDAI for filling the application form. New Eligibility Criteria is released by the Council of Architecture to National Testing Agency in September 2019. Official Copy is attached below.
Upcoming Application Form
- CBSE 10th & 12th Board Dates Apply Now
JEE Main 2020 Paper 2 tests the skills of candidates in specified fields. There are three major subjects Mathematics, aptitude test, and drawing. Candidates may download the detailed syllabus from the official website of NTA. The aspirants must read the below article to get complete information about JEE Main Paper 2 2020 such as application form, eligibility, exam dates, exam pattern, and syllabus. Check your JEE Main Probable Rank Here.
Latest Update: JEE Main 2020 Online Application Form for January session will start soon by NTA on 08 February 2020.
“No Candidate shall be admitted to architecture course unless she/he has passed an examination at the end of the 10+2 scheme of examination with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 examination”.
JEE Main 2020 paper 2 results announced
National Testing Agency (NTA), the JEE Main 2020 organising body is expected to release the result for paper 2 anytime on or before 31 January. Paper 2 is for candidates interested in Bachelor of Architecture admission through Joint Entrance Exam (Main).
Two Students from Andhra Pradesh “Gollapudi N Lakshmi Narayana and Gudla Raghunandan Reddy” scored 100 percentile in JEE Main Paper 2 January session.
Important Exam Update
- Updates Regarding JEE Main 2020
JEE Main 2020 Paper 2 Eligibility Criteria for B.Arch.
Only applicants meeting eligibility criteria for JEE Main Paper – 2 will be allowed to appear for the exam in 2020. A few main eligibility criteria are listed below:
- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as mandatory subjects at 10+2 level for admission to 1st Year of 5-Year B.Arch course.
- Age: Candidates appearing for JEE Main 2020 Paper-2 should be born on or after 1 Oct 1993.
- Marks: The candidate must secure at least 75% in class 12 exams or the candidate’s score should be in the top 20 percentile of the respective board.
- Subject: Candidates appearing for JEE Main 2020 Paper-2 should have Mathematics as a subject in their class 12.
- Years of Qualifying Exam: 2016, 2019, appearing in 2020.
JEE Main 2020 Paper 2 Exam Dates
|Student Registrations (for practice centre)||1 September 2019|
|Online availability of application form||1 September 2019|
|Last date of online application form submission and uploading of scanned images||30 September 2019|
|Release of online mock test||8 September 2019|
|Last date of pay fees||1 October 2019|
|Application form correction date||8-14 October 2019|
|JEE Main Additional Fee Payment if applicable (During Correction)||to be notified|
|Announcement of Date and Shift for Paper I and II||5 October 2019|
|Announcement of Exam City for Paper I and II||21 October 2019|
|JEE Main Admit Card||17 December 2019|
|JEE Main 2020 Exam (Computer Based Test)||6 to 20, January 2020|
|Answer Key and OMR sheets display||To be notified|
|Answer Key challenge acceptance||To be notified|
|JEE Main Result||31 January 2020|
JEE Main 2020 Paper 2 Application Form
All the candidates are advised to read the information brochure. It will be available on the official website carefully before filling the online application form of JEE Main 2020. However, A few details regarding JEE Main application form are:
- The JEE Main application form would be available only in the online mode. No offline copy will be provided to apply for JEE Main.
- Application forms for JEE Main Paper – 2 2020 release – First week of December 2019.
- Aspirants who want to apply for JEE Main 2020 should have an Aadhaar Number.
- Candidates also have to upload scanned images of photograph and signature in prescribed specifications.
JEE Main 2020 Paper 2 Application Form Format:
The following table would give the students a rough idea of the application form format.
- Aadhaar Authentication
- Examination Details
- Personal Details
- Academic Details
- Contact Details
- Guardian Details
- Uploading Photograph and Signature
JEE Main 2020 Paper 2 Syllabus (Architecture Entrance Exam)
The questions asked in the exams are from the topics and chapters mentioned in the syllabus. Hence, having the syllabus beforehand would really make the preparation procedure for the exams very easy. Syllabus for JEE Main Paper 2 2020 is given below:
- Mathematics: Sets, Relations and Functions ,Complex Numbers, Quadratic Equations, Matrices and Determinants, Mathematical Induction, Sequences and Series , Permutations and Combinations, Limits, Continuity and Differentiability,, Applications of Binomial Theorem, Integral Calculus, Differential Equation, Vector Algebra, Trigonometry, Co-ordinate Geometry, Three Dimensional Geometry, Probability, Statistics, and Mathematical Reasoning.
- Aptitude test: Awareness of places, persons, buildings and materials, Texture and objects related to Architecture and building environment, Visualising 3D objects from 2D drawings, Visualising different sides of 3D objects, Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal), Analytical Reasoning, Three dimensional – perception and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, colour texture, building forms and elements, contrast and harmony.
- Drawing test: Drawing and designing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil, Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, Elevations and 3 D views of objects Rotation, Development of surfaces and volumes, Generation of Plan, Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shapes and forms, Sketching of activities from memory of urban scenes (public space, festivals, market, street scenes, recreational spaces monuments, etc.), landscape (gardens, trees, riverfronts, jungles, plants etc.) and rural life.
JEE Main 2020 Paper 2 Exam Details for B.Arch / B.Planning Courses
|JEE Main Paper-2 Course||B.Arch/B.Planning courses|
|Exam Mode||Offline (PBT)|
|Number of Questions||
Total 390 marks.
|Type of Questions||Maths & Aptitude section will be objective while the drawing section will be subjective|
|Language||English & Hindi|
|Exam Duration||3 hours.|
|Marking Scheme:||+4 marks for each correct answer.|
|Negative Marking||One mark will be deducted|
JEE Main 2020 Paper 2 Guidelines: Bachelor of Architecture
Here are a few guidelines that the candidates appearing for Paper-2 JEE Mains are listed below: