Pursuing engineering from IITs and NITs is a dream for lakhs of Indians. Every year aspirants toil meticulously for this examination and give their best for an opportunity to do B.Tech in India’s most renowned institutes. Joint Entrance Examination occurs in two phases. JEE Mains and JEE Advanced. Those candidates who qualify the phase 1 i.e. Joint Entrance Examination Mains will be eligible to sit for JEE Advanced. Candidates who are busy preparing for JEE Advanced 2019 should know that it has gone through some major changes. Read more to find out must know things about Online JEE Advanced 2019.
Upcoming Application Form
- CBSE 10th & 12th Board Dates Apply Now
The JEE Advanced application form starts from 03 May 2019.
What are the 10 Important things to Know about online JEE Advanced 2019 Examination?
The 10 Important things to Know about online JEE Advanced 2019 is mention below.
1. Applying for JEE Advanced – Candidates who qualify the IIT JEE Main 2019 will be eligible to apply for this examination.
2. Joint Entrance Examination Advanced to be completely online from 2019-From the coming year/session, no offline provision for JEE Advanced will be there. All the candidates who qualify Mains will have to sit for the exam online. Officially it has been announced by IIT-Madras director and JAB chairman Bhaskar Ramamurthi who said, “It has been decided that the JEE (Advanced) will be conducted in online mode from 2019 onwards”. Joint Admission Board (JAB), which is the decision-making body regarding the examination came to this conclusion on Sunday.
3. No printing errors
Important Exam Update
- Updates Regarding JEE Main 2020
An online examination will eliminate the chances of printing mistakes. Instances, where the authority had to award extra marks to candidates due to printing errors, have been an issue of concern. With the exam going online mode, there will be no chances of such errors.
4. Chances of paper leaks diminished
Apart from greater transparency in the process of exam conduction, the chances of paper leaks will be diminished. No security issues will be there regarding question paper leaks.
5. Absolute accuracy
Now with JEE Advanced 2019 going online, candidates can be absolutely sure that their answers will be evaluated with complete accuracy.
6. Quicker evaluation and results
Another major benefit of the exam being conducted online will be a faster evaluation. Right now students have to wait for almost 2 months for the results to be declared. This won’t be the case for Advance examination 2019.
7. Change of answers
One big disadvantage of offline examination is the inability to change your answer after you’ve marked it on the OMR sheet. However now with the online examination, students can not only move back and forth among the questions but have the scope to change the option of choice as well.
8. Inadequacy of computers no more an issue
JAB had wanted to scrap the offline mode for Advanced Exam with online computer based test. However, insufficiency of the systems was a major issue. Approx 2.2 lakhs candidates qualified the JEE Main 2017 and were to sit for online JEE Advanced 2019. JAB was not confident that they could make enough computers available so that exam could be conducted at one go. But now as the issue had been solved, JAB decided to go ahead with the decision
9. Provision of online mock test
To ensure that students don’t face any difficulty in sitting for this exam online, provisions shall be made for mock tests. It would be a three-day session where students can learn to operate the system and give mock tests.
10. Change in the questions.
It has been confirmed that the question paper will be devised scientifically. Questions for JEE Advanced 2019 will be set keeping a gradient of difficulty level in mind so that students can attempt the questions in a better way. As questions setter are not asked the pattern in which they can ask a question so concept based questions will increase.
Stay tuned about JEE Advanced 2019 Eligibility Criteria.