about Pursuing engineering from IITs and NITs is a dream for lakhs of Indians. Every year aspirants work very hard for this examination and give their best for an opportunity to do B.Tech in India’s most renowned institutes. Joint Entrance Examination occurs in two phases. JEE Mains and JEE Advanced. Those candidates who qualify the phase 1 i.e. Joint Entrance Examination Mains will be eligible to sit for JEE Advanced. Candidates preparing for the JEE Advanced 2020 should know that it has gone through some major changes. Read more to find out must-know things about Online JEE Advanced 2020.
The JEE Advanced application form starts from 01 May 2020 on the official website.
What are the 10 Important Things to Know about online JEE Advanced 2020 Examination?
The 10 Important Things to Know about online JEE Advanced 2020 is mention below.
1. Applying for JEE Advanced – Candidates after qualifying the IIT JEE Main 2020 are eligible to apply for this examination.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about 10 Important things to Know about Online JEE Advanced 2020
2. Joint Entrance Examination Advanced to be completely online from 2020- From now onwards, there is no offline provision for JEE Advanced exam. All the candidates who want to appear for the exam will have to give the exam through online mode only. Officially it has been announced by IIT-Madras director and JAB chairman Bhaskar Ramamurthi who said, “It has been decided that the JEE (Advanced) will be conducted in online mode from 2020 onwards”. Joint Admission Board (JAB), which is the decision-making body regarding the examination came to this conclusion.
3. No printing errors
An online examination will eliminate the chances of printing mistakes. Instances, where the authority had to award extra marks to candidates due to printing errors, have been an issue of concern. With the exam going through the online mode, there will be no chances of any errors.
4. Chances of paper leaks diminished
Apart from greater transparency in the process of exam conduction, the chances of paper leaks will be diminished. No security issues will be there regarding question paper leaks.
5. Absolute accuracy
Now with JEE Advanced 2020 going online, candidates can be absolutely sure that their answers will be evaluated with complete accuracy.
6. Quicker evaluation and results
Another major benefit of the exam being conducted online will be a faster evaluation. Right now students have to wait for almost 2 months for the declaration of results. This won’t be the case for Advance examination 2020.
7. Change of answers
One big disadvantage of offline examination is the inability to change your answer after you’ve marked it on the OMR sheet. However now with the online examination, students can not only move back and forth among the questions but have the scope to change the option of choice as well.
8. Inadequacy of computers no more an issue
JAB had wanted to scrap the offline mode for Advanced Exam with the online computer-based test. However, insufficiency of the systems was a major issue. Approx 2.2 lakhs candidates qualified the JEE Main 2017 and were to sit for online JEE Advanced 2020. JAB was not confident that they could make enough computers available so that the exam could be conducted at one go. But after the issue is solved, JAB is going ahead with the decision.
9. Provision of online mock test
To ensure that students don’t face any difficulty in sitting for this exam online, provisions shall be made for mock tests. It would be a three-day session where students can learn to operate the system and give mock tests.
10. Change in the questions.
It is confirmed that the question paper will be planned scientifically. Questions for JEE Advanced 2020 are set by keeping a gradient of difficulty level in mind so that students can attempt the questions in a better way. As questions setter are not asked the pattern in which they can ask a question so concept based questions will increase.
Stay tuned about JEE Advanced 2020 Eligibility Criteria.
Official website: www.nta.nic.in