PUCET is conducted by Panjab University. Panjab University Common Entrance Test (PUCET) is a University level Entrance Exam. The exam is conducted once a year. Candidates can get admission through it into B.Pharmacy & B.Sc (Hons.) courses. Read the full article for more details regarding the exam dates, eligibility, exam pattern etc.
Upcoming Application Form
- CBSE 10th & 12th Board Dates Apply Now
PUCET 2020 Notification – Merit List
PUCET exam dates have been released by the Panjab University. The Undergraduate exam has been conducted on 30 April 2020 and Post Graduate exam on 08 & 09 June 2020. The Notification regarding PUCET 2020 will be announced by The Authority tentatively in the last week of March 2020. The candidates will be admitted strictly in accordance with the Regulations/Rules contained in the latest University Calendars/guidelines/any other Instructions which have been issued/may be issued by the University from time to time for the respective Courses/examinations and in order of merit. PU CET 2020 for UG program will be held on 28 April 2020 The instructions given in this circular should, in particular, be adhered to while making admission for the Session 2020-20.
PUCET 2020 Exam Highlights
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen Paper Based)|
|Number of papers||Depends on the subjects selected by the candidate|
|Question Paper Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|PUCET 2020 Marks||Each Subject Paper of total 120 marks|
|Exam duration||70 minutes for Each Subject Paper|
PUCET 2020 Important Dates
These are the tentative important dates of Panjab University Common Entrance Test.
|Starting of application form||05 April 2020|
|Closing of application form||19 April 2020|
|Last date to submit fee||22 April 2020|
|Last date for uploading photograph & Signature||24 April 2020|
|Availability of admit card||27 April 2020|
|Exam date||30 April 2020|
|Uploading of answer key||03 May 2020|
|Last date to submit objection on answer key||05 May 2020|
|Uploading of the response to the Objections and inviting Cross-objections||08 May 2020|
|Last day of submission of Cross-objections to the Answer Key||10 May 2020|
|Declaration of Result||14 May 2020|
|Starting of counselling (Admission form filling)||22 May 2020
|Starting of option filling||26 – 29 June 2020
|Display of Merit list||05 July 2020
The counselling has been started on various rounds. It depends on Availability of vacant seats. If the seats still remains vacant after the second round of Counselling then the University will conduct the physical Counselling.
The University has released the result of PUCET 2020 on 15 May 2020. Candidates will be able to check their result through online mode only. The qualified candidates will have to fill the admission form. University will release list of ‘Qualified’ and ‘Disqualified’ Candidates & also Merit list for PCB/PCM and Mathematics only.
- The Authority will inform candidates through Email for the purpose of releasing Admit card.
- Admit card will be downloaded from 27 April 2020.
- Candidates can download the admit card by entering their Login Id & password provided while generating the Bank challan.
- The Admit card will be available through online mode only.
- Admit card is the gate pass to enter the examination hall. No candidate will be allowed to sit for the examination without the Admit card.
Admit Card Dates
|Application filling process||05 – 19 April 2020|
|Release of admit card||27 April 2020|
|PUCET 2020 exam date||30 April 2020|
How To Download Admit Card?
Given below is the procedure to download PUCET 2020 Admiard.
Important Exam Update
- Updates Regarding JEE Main 2020
- Visit the official website of PUCET.
- ‘Admit card download’ link will be given on the website.
- Click on the link and enter the login id and password and click on ‘Submit’.
- The admit card will be displayed on the computer screen.
- Finally, Download and print several copies for further use.
PUCET 2020 Application Form
PU CET 2020 application form will be available soon. Candidates must fill the Application form carefully, as no modification or changes will be done after the successfully submission of the Application form.
- PUCET Application form will be available in the third week of April 2020.
- Candidates must fill the Application form on or before Third week of May 2020.
- Candidates must fill the details required and upload the scanned images of photograph and signature of the candidate in the Application form.
- After uploading the documents, candidates are required to pay the Application fee for successful submission of Application form.
- Candidates are advised to print multiple copies of the Application form.
Application fee can be submitted in any of the Branch of State Bank Of India using website generated challan.
General Category (PCB/PCM/M)
SC/ST/PwD Category (PCB/PCM/M)
Additional Paper (Biology/Mathematics)
*Application Fee is Non Refundable & Non Transferable.
Candidates fulfilling the complete eligibility criteria laid down by the University can sit in the PUCET.
- Candidate must be an Indian.
- Age Criteria: For BHMS, candidates must have completed 17 years as on 31 December at the time of admission.
- The candidates who have passed/appeared (up to the academic session 2017 to 2020) 10+2 from a CBSE, Delhi or any other Boards are eligible to apply.
- It is mandatory to score minimum of 50% marks in class 12.
- English, Physics, Chemistry and one of the following subject: Biology/Biotechnology/ Mathematics are necessary to have in class 12.
- 5% of relaxation will be provided in eligibility marks for SC/ST/BC/PwD candidates.
PUCET Exam Pattern
The examination will be conducted through Pen & Paper (offline) mode only.
- 70 minutes will be provided, for each section of the exam. Extra 20 minutes will be given to the PwD candidates.
- The paper will be in a format of Multiple Choice Questions.
- The exam will be held in Chandigarh only.
- Each correct answer will fetch 2 marks.
- 0.5 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- The exam will be asked in English language.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks allotted||Total marks|
Panjab University will provide a syllabus for PUCET. Generally, the syllabus will be comprised of class 10,11 & 12 Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology syllabus. Candidates can get the complete syllabus at the University Website.
- Candidates must always know the complete syllabus.
- Candidates must make a proper timetable and strictly follow it.
- Applicants are advised to not to skip any important topics.
- Candidates must check the exam pattern and marking scheme properly.
|Physics||29 Years Physics Chapter-wise Solutions for CBSE AIPMT & NEET||Arihant Experts||ISBN-10: 9350949253 ISBN-13: 978-9350949252|
|Chemistry||ISC Chapter-wise Solved Papers Chemistry class 12th||Arihant Experts||ISBN-10: 9350946890 ISBN-13: 978-9350946893|
|Biology||Examination Questions in Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Drawing, Geography, Physics, Zoology||College Entrance Examination Board||ISBN-10: 1347402160 ISBN-13: 978-1347402160|
|Mathematics||SAT Math Level 1 (Barron’s Sat Subject Test Math Level 1)||Ira K. Wolf||ISBN-10: 1438007906 ISBN-13: 978-1438007908|
The University will provide admission form, after the declaration of Result. Only the qualified candidates will have to fill the Application form. The candidates will have to fill their choice of Course/ Department in the admission in the prescribed form. The University will provide admission based on the availability of seats, Merit list and Document verification.
For more information regarding PUCET stay tuned to Entrancezone.
pu cet pg 2020, pu cet ug 2020, pu cet pg syllabus, pu cet syllabus, pu cet pg 2018, pu cet 2020 exam date, pu cet 2018.