Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) 2020 Application Form will be released in the month of January 2020. SET is conducted by the Symbiosis International University. It is a private University in Pune, Maharashtra Recognized by the UGC and the AICTE. It is a renowned University that is known for delivering quality education. Further, the Symbiosis admission 2020 and selection process of Symbiosis University includes a separate selection mechanism. Also, this process is the same for all the courses like Design, Law, MBA, Engineering, Health and Sciences and other Generalized courses. It is to be kept in mind that only by qualifying the SET 2020 exam, one is not guaranteed admission to the University. There are furthermore stages a candidate is supposed to clear in order to be fit for getting admission to this University.
Upcoming Application Form
- CBSE 10th & 12th Board Dates Apply Now
Symbiosis Entrance Test 2020 Dates
The exam conducting Authority will release a Notification which will mention the official dates of all the events of SET 2020. Further, we have provided a tentative schedule here.
|Online Registration Form||January 2020|
|Last date for Online Registration||3rd week of April 2020|
|Last date for payment||3rd week of April 2020|
|SET 2019 Admit Card||Last week of April 2020|
|Symbiosis Entrance Test 2019||First week of May 2020|
|SET 2019 Results||2nd week of May 2020
|Download Score Card||2nd week of June 2020 (SITEEE), 3rd week of June 2020 (JEE Main and MHT CET)|
SET 2020 Application Form
The Application form for SET 2020 will be made available from the last week of January 2020 and the final date of submission of the application form will be 3rd week of April 2020. The process is very simple. Given below are the steps for completing the entire application process:
- Firstly, go to the Official website of the University and register. Then, the candidates will get a unique SET 2020 code after Registration.
- Further, using the code, the candidates must log in and fill the application form available on the portal. Also, they have to upload their recent passport size photograph and signature on the form.
- After filling the form, candidates must proceed further with the payment process. Payment can be done through any of the following modes:
- Net Banking
- Debit Card/ Credit Card
- Demand Draft.
- Cash payment through an E-challan
- If the candidate opts for the online payment he must keep a copy of the payment acknowledgement for future use.
- If the candidate opts for payment by a Demand Draft then he must draw a Demand Draft in the favor of ‘Symbiosis Test Secretariat payable at Pune.
Entrance Test Fees and Payment Mode
- The candidates may pay examination fee while filling the application form through various payment gateways such as Billdesk Payment Gateway/ Easebuss payment gateway/ Indian Bank Payment Gateway or through the means of Demand Draft
- Entrance test fees are Rs. 1750/- per test. If the candidate wishes to appear for both test i.e. one in the morning and one in the evening then he/she must pay a total amount of Rs. 3500/- only.
- In case of payment through demand draft, the candidate must submit a DD of either Rs. 1750/- or Rs.3500/- according to the choices of the exam. The DD may be from any Nationalized Bank in favor of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” payable at Pune.
- Further details regarding payment can be obtained by visiting their official website.
SET Eligibility Criteria
For the purpose of appearing for Set 2020, the candidates must be eligible i.e. they must fulfill all the conditions prescribed by the exam conducting Authority. The conditions are as follows:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should have passed 12th or equivalent exam from a Recognized Board.
- Subjects: Physics and Mathematics as a compulsory subject along with any one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical vocational subjects.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate should have secured at least 45% marks (40% in case of SC/ST) in the qualifying exam.
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate must pass 10+2 examination or diploma in Engineering/ Technology from a Recognized Board/University.
- Minimum Marks: Minimum 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST category) are required in the qualifying exam.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed class 12 or equivalent from a Recognised Board.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate should have minimum 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST candidates).
Symbiosis Entrance Test Syllabus
- The syllabus for all courses offered by the University and its affiliated institutions will be provided on the Symbiosis website.
- For B.Tech course, the exam will be set from the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of class 12.
- Candidates have to study other subjects like logical reasoning, analytical reasoning, reading comprehension and general knowledge.
SET 2020 Exam Pattern
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Exam duration||150 minutes|
|Section wise breakup of questions||Physics- 25 (50 marks)
Chemistry-25 (50 marks)
Important Exam Update
Mathematics- 50 (100 marks)
|Marking Scheme||There is no negative marking|
SET 2020 will be conducted in two sessions- morning and evening
Subjects in Morning Session: Law and design ( 9:30 am to 12:00 pm)
Subjects in Evening Session: General, Engineering and Health & Sciences. ( 2:30 pm to 5:00 pm)
The candidates have to choose one subject from both the sessions.
Important points regarding the SET exam
- The conduction of SET 2020 will be online.
- The test contains Multiple Choice Questions and no descriptive questions.
- The examination will last for 150 minutes i.e. 2.5 hours.
- There will be no negative marking for the attempted wrong answer.
- For Law, Design, General Aptitude each question will carry one mark each.
- For Engineering and Health & Sciences each question will carry two marks each.
Following is the table showing the distribution of marks and number of questions:
|SUBJECT||NO. OF QUESTIONS||MARKS|
|HEALTH & SCIENCES||100||200|
SET Admit Card
- The admit card will be hosted on the www.set-test.org 2020 of the University in the last week of April 2020.
- So, the candidates must download it through the link provided and take the printout of the same.
- If in any case, the candidates lose the admit card, he can immediately contact the concerned Authority of the University.
Note: Also, one cannot avail the admit card by post or courier. Admit card is essential for appearing in the Entrance Test. No candidate will be allowed to appear in the exam without the admit card.
How to Download the Admit Card?
Follow the steps to download the SET hall ticket:
- On the official website of Symbiosis click on the link ‘Admit card‘.
- On Set 2020 Admit Card Login, enter the login credentials.
- Candidates have to enter the SET ID and Password.
- Click on ‘Login’ button and your admit card will appear on your system screen.
- Verify all details carefully and take a printout of it.
- Keep extra printouts of it and preserve it till admission process.
SET 2020 Examination Schedule
- The SET 2020 conducts 4 different paper:- (SET) SET-General, SEED (SET-Design), SLAT (SET-Law) and SITEEE (SET-Engineering)
- The aspiring candidates may apply for more than one of above-mentioned examination.
- Further details regarding the schedule of these four examinations are as follows
|Session and Time||Entrance Test||Institutes|
|Morning Session 9.30 am to 12.00 noon||SLAT (SET-Law)||Symbiosis Law School [SLS] – Pune Symbiosis Law School [SLS] -Noida
Symbiosis Law School [SLS]- Hyderabad
|SEED (SET-Design)||Symbiosis Institute of Design [SID]|
|Afternoon Session 2.30 pm to 5.00 pm||SET (SET-General)||Symbiosis Institute of Computers Studies and Research [SICSR]
Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies [SCMS] – Pune
Symbiosis Centre for Media & Communication [SCMC]
Symbiosis School of Economics [SSE] Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies [SCMS]-Noida
Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts [SSLA] Symbiosis School of Culinary Arts [SSCA]
|SITEEE (SET-Engineering)||Symbiosis Institute of Technology [SIT]|
Symbiosis Entrance Test Result
- The result of SET 2020 will be released in the second week of May 2020 .
- Candidates can view their result through online mode.
- The result will be available through the candidate’s login.
- SET scorecard 2020 will also be released along with the result.
- The cut-off marks will differ from one Institute to other, on the basis of the course applied by the candidate or the availability of seats.
- The candidates who have obtained the required cut-off marks those candidates only will proceed further for the upcoming selection process.
- After the SET 2020, the students have to go through Personal Interaction (Interview) and a Writing Ability Test.
- On the basis of which selection of the students will take place for the final admission in the institute of their choice.
- Counselling for admission through Symbiosis Entrance Test will be held from 01 July 2019 at Symbiosis Institute.
- Counselling for Admission through Jee Main and MHT CET, after filling a form online can apply latest by June 2020.
- At the time of the counselling session, the selected candidates must bring all the documents like-
- 10th and 12th class mark sheets
- Passing certificates
- Address proof
- Caste certificate etc.
- And other documents prescribed.
Reservation of Seats
There is a percentage of seat reservation for some classes of candidates, as follows:
|Migrants from Kashmir||2%|
For the above candidates, a proof of Caste/Caste Certificate is mandatory to avail the reservation facility.
Symbiosis Entrance Test – SET
- The candidates who wish to apply for the Symbiosis Institute of Technology need to appear for the Entrance test which is mainly called the Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET).
- The selection of the candidates will be on the basis of the ranking in JEE 2020 or SET 2020.
- Students must make a note that SET 2020 – SYMBIOSIS ENTRANCE TEST will be the basic round of the selection process of students.
- For certain courses, SET 2020 rank will be mandatory selection criteria.
- Such courses include Bachelor of Law, Bachelor of Design, Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Media Studies, Bachelor of Technology etc.
Symbiosis Test Centers
|Sr.No.||Name of the center||Code|
Symbiosis Group of Institutes
SET Engineering as SIT Engineering Entrance Exam (SITEEE):
- Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT) – B.Tech
Symbiosis Law Admission Test (SLAT):
- Symbiosis Law School (SLS), Pune – BA LLB (Hons.) & BBA LLB (Hons.)
- Symbiosis Law School (SLS), Noida – BA LLB & BBA LLB
- Symbiosis Law School (SLS), Hyderabad – BA LLB & BBA LLB
SET Design test as Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design (SEED):
- Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID) – B.Des
Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET General):
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR) – BCA, BBA (IT)
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies, Pune (SCMS) – BBA
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies-Noida (SCMS) – BBA
- Symbiosis Center for Media & Communication (SCMC) – BA (Mass Communication)
- Symbiosis School of Economics (SSE) – B.Sc. Economics (Honours)
- Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts (SSLA) – Bachelor of Arts (B.A) Liberal Arts & Bachelor of Science (B. Sc) Liberal Arts
Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT) will offer admission through JEE Main & MH CET. The institutions for which SET is not necessary are as follows:
- Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT).
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS).
- Symbiosis College of Nursing (SCON).
- Symbiosis School of Photography (SSP).
Symbiosis Test Secretariat,
Symbiosis International University,
Gram Lavale, Taluka: Mulshi, Pune-412115
The official website of Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET): http://www.set-test.org/
“Stay Informed about EntranceZone latest updates and feature articles on Symbiosis Entrance Test 2020.”
symbiosis entrance test 2019 for mba, symbiosis entrance test sample papers, symbiosis law entrance test 2019, symbiosis entrance test 2018, symbiosis entrance test syllabus, set exam 2019 date, www.set-test.org 2018, set 2018 application form.