SET 2019 Counselling for b.tech courses has been started from 3 June 2019. Symbiosis Entrance Test 2019 is conducted by the Symbiosis International University. It is a private university in Pune, Maharashtra recognized by the UGC and the AICTE. It is a renowned university that is known for delivering quality education. Further, the symbiosis admission 2019 and selection process of Symbiosis University includes a separate selection mechanism. Also, this process is the same for all the courses like Design, Law, MBA, Engineering, Health and Sciences and other generalized courses. It is to be kept in mind that only by qualifying the SET 2019 exam, one is not guaranteed an admission to the university. There are furthermore stages a candidate is supposed to clear in order to be fit for getting an admission to this university.
Latest Update: Find detailed information about JEE Main 2019 January Session Exam Here.
Symbiosis SET 2019 Dates
The exam conducting authority will release a notification which will mention the official dates of all the events of SET 2019. Further, we have provided a tentative schedule here.
|Online Registration||29 January 2019|
|Last date for Online Registration||14 April 2019|
|Last date for payment||14 April 2019|
|Receipt of SET 2019 Admit Card||21 April 2019|
|Symbiosis Entrance Test 2019||5 May 2019|
|SET 2019 Results||14 May 2019|
|Download Score Card||May 2019 to June 2019|
|Counselling||03 – 25 June 2019|
SET Exam Timings: For Law (SLAT) / Design (SEED) the timings will from 9.30 am to 12.00 noon & for Engineering (SITEEE) / General(SET) the timings will be from 2.30 pm to 5.00 pm
SET 2019 application form
The application process is very simple. Following are the steps for completing the entire application process:
- Firstly, go to the official website of the University and register. Then, the candidates will get a unique SET 2019 code after registration is done.
- Further, using the code, the candidates must log in and fill the application form available on the portal. Also, they have to upload their recent ID size photograph and signature on the form.
- After filling the form, candidates must proceed further with the payment process. Payment can be done through any of the following modes:
- Net Banking
- Debit Card/ Credit Card
- Demand Draft.
- Cash payment through an E-challan
- If the candidate opts for the online payment he must keep a copy of the payment acknowledgement for future use.
- If the candidate opts for payment by a demand draft then he must draw a Demand Draft of Rs.15000 in the favour of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” payable at Pune.
- In the last step of the application process, the candidates need to submit their Documents i.e. the application form and the payment details/ Demand draft personally or post it to the Collection Centre at the address given. The payment details must be duly signed before submission.
The symbiosis application form 2019 along with the Demand Draft/ Pay Slip can be sent by the candidates to the following address:
Symbiosis Test Secretariat,
Symbiosis International University,
Gram Lavale, Taluka: Mulshi, Pune-412115
Note: The SET website, gives the facility of online payment for the other institutes as well as for SET 2019.
SET Eligibility Criteria
For the purpose of appearing for Set 2019, the candidates must be eligible i.e. they must fulfil all the conditions prescribed by the exam conducting authority. The conditions are as follows:
- Candidates must have successfully passed the 10+2 examinations with compulsory subjects like Physics, Mathematics and one optional subject like Biology/ Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Technology.
- The candidate must have got a minimum of 50% (45% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST class) in the above-mentioned examinations.
SET Exam Pattern
SET 2019 will be conducted in two sessions- morning and evening
Subjects in Morning Session: Law and design
Subjects in Evening Session: General, Engineering and Health & Sciences.
The candidates have to choose one subject from both the sessions.
Important points regarding the SET exam:
- The conduction of SET 2019 will be only on paper and no online test for the same.
- The test contains Multiple Choice Questions and no descriptive questions.
- The examination will last for 150 minutes i.e. 2.5 hours.
- There will be no negative marking for the attempted wrong answer.
- For Law, Design, General Aptitude each question will carry one mark each. For Engineering and Health & Sciences each question will carry two marks each.
Following is the table showing the distribution of marks and number of questions:
|SUBJECT||NO. OF QUESTIONS||MARKS|
|HEALTH & SCIENCES||100||200|
SET Admit Card
The admit card will be hosted on the www.set-test.org 2019 of the university until the last week of April 2019. So, the candidates must download it through the link provided and ]take the printout of the same. If in any case, the candidates lose the admit card, he can immediately contact the concerned authority of the University.
Note: Also, one cannot avail the admit card by post or courier. Admit card is essential for appearing in the entrance test. No candidate will be allowed to appear in the exam without the admit card.
Symbiosis Entrance Test – SET
The candidates who wish to apply for the Symbiosis Institute of Technology need to appear for the Entrance test which is mainly called as the Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET). The selection of the candidates will be on the basis of the ranking in JEE 2019 or SET 2019. Students must make a note that SET 2019 – SYMBIOSIS ENTRANCE TEST will be the basic round of the selection process of students.
For certain courses, SET 2019 rank will be mandatory selection criteria. Such courses include Bachelor of Law, Bachelor of Design, Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Media Studies, Bachelor of Technology etc.
Symbiosis SET 2019 Entrance Highlights
Name of Exam of Examination
|Symbiosis International University|
Commonly Known As
|Exam Conducting Body||AICTE|
Purpose of Exam
|Admissions in Design, Law, MBA, Engineering, Health and Sciences|
Mode of Examination
Symbiosis Entrance Test Result
The result of SET 2019 is declared in the third week of May 2019. The cut-off marks will differ from one institute to other, on the basis of the course applied by the candidate or the availability of seats.
The candidates who have obtained the required cut-off marks those candidates only will proceed further for the upcoming selection process. After the SET 2019, the students have to go through Personal Interaction (Interview) and a Writing Ability Test. On the basis of which selection of the students will take place for the final admission in the institute of their choice.
Counselling for admission through Symbiosis Entrance Test will be in June 2019 at Symbiosis Institute.
Counselling for Admission through Jee Main and MHT CET, after filling a form online can apply latest by June 2019.
At the time of counselling session, the selected candidates must bring all the documents like- 10th and 12th class mark sheets, passing certificates, address proof, caste certificate etc. and other documents prescribed.
There is a percentage of seat reservation for some classes of candidates, as follows:
|Migrants from Kashmir||2%|
For the above candidates, a proof of Caste/Caste Certificate is mandatory to avail the reservation facility.
Symbiosis Group of Institutes
The official website of Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET): http://www.set-test.org/
“Stay Informed about EntranceZone latest updates and feature articles on Symbiosis Entrance Test 2019.”
symbiosis entrance test 2019 for mba, symbiosis entrance test sample papers, symbiosis law entrance test 2019