UPESEAT 2020 Eligibility criteria comprise a set of rules and criteria which must be fulfilled by an aspirant who wishes to get admission into the Undergraduate courses of Engineering at the UPES must fulfil the criteria led down by the Examination Authority.
The Eligibility criteria consist of the details of Age limit, Academic qualification along with other conditions. If the criteria are not fulfilled by the candidate, it will lead to the rejection of application made by the candidate. Hence it is essential for all the candidates to check the criteria and the rules before applying for the Examination.
Latest Update: UPESEAT 2020 Application Form has been commenced Online for 2020 session. Click here to check >>UPESEAT 2020 Application Form details.
The UPES Eligibility Criteria have been described below for the aspirant willing to take admission in UPES.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about UPESEAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria: UPES Engineering Entrance Exam
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies announced Early Engineering Entrance Exam:
UPESEAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria: Non-Exam Pathway
Admission through Board Merit:
This is a non-exam path to get admission into the University.
- 20% of seats can be filled by this method.
- Candidates are required to secure a minimum of 80% aggregate marks in class 10th & 12th.
- Candidates are required to secure a minimum 80% of aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in 12th class.
Admission through JEE Main 2020:
Pathway through Board Merit / JEE Merit (Subject to the number of seats allotted)
|Eligibility Criteria||Admission Criteria|
|Board Merit –
||Centralised Counselling through Merit Ranking|
|JEE Merit –
(1) Minimum 50% marks in the 10th and 12th board are mandatory. And 50% aggregate in PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
(2) JEE Mains cut-off, to be announced after JEE Exams 2020.
For the candidates seeking admission through JEE mains 2020 examination must fulfil the following criteria:
- Candidate must have scored an aggregate of at least 50% of total marks in Higher Secondary Qualifying Examination conducted by ICSE/CBSE or any state boards or any other recognised Education Board.
- Candidates are required to score a minimum of 50% in physics, chemistry, and mathematics in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates should qualify JEE Main Cutoff prescribed by UPES.
Age Limit: Candidates born on or after 01 October 1995, are eligible to appear for UPESEAT 2020. The Date Of Birth mentioned in the Senior Secondary Examination Certificate will be considered valid.
Eligibility Criteria For Other Courses
- For B.Tech.+LL.B(Hons.) Programs: Minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th& 12th) and Minimum 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level (12th)
- For B.Des – Board Merit: Minimum 60% marks in class X and XII (Any Stream) and through JEE MAIN/UCEED: Minimum 50% marks in class X and XII with valid JEE MAIN/UCEED scores.
- For MBA: Students having MAT/CMAT 2020 score of 75 percentile & above. CAT/XAT 2019 score of 70 percentile & above. GMAT Score of 550 & above. NMAT Score of 140 & above will be exempted from UPES Management Entrance Test and will only be called for Group Discussion & Interview if qualified.
- For LLB: Through CLAT Merit/L-SAT India Merit – Candidates with minimum 50% marks in Higher & Senior Secondary (10th & 12th) and CLATAIR up to 15000/L-SAT India Percentile of 60 or above will be exempted from ULSAT and will be invited directly for Group Discussion and Interview. Through Board Merit – Candidates with minimum 80% marks in Higher & Senior Secondary (10th & 12th) main five subjects (English as one of the compulsory subject) are exempted from ULSAT and will be invited directly for Group Discussion and Interview.
- Pharma: Through NEET & Board Merit – Minimum 50% marks at Higher& Senior Secondary level (10th&12th) and minimum 50% aggregate in PCM/B (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology) at Senior Secondary level (12th class). NEET cut-off Rank to be released (on UPES website) after the declaration of NEET 2020 results). Minimum 80% Marks at Higher & Senior Secondary Level and Minimum 80% aggregate in PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Math’s / Biology) at Senior Secondary Level.
All India Category Scholarships
Candidates who have secured 80% marks in class 10 and 50% marks (PCM) in class 12 will be eligible. 50% waiver will be provided on 10% seats on the tuition fee in each program in the first year of ICSE, CBSE or State Board passed out students. If the candidates secure SGPA 8 out of 10, Scholarships will be renewed.
Special Scholarships (Uttarakhand Domicile)
Candidates must have secured 80% marks in Class 10 and 12 without subjects PCM. Total of 150 toppers of Uttarakhand will be considered for the scholarships. 1 seat per program would be Merit order allotment. 15% reservation of the seats will be reserved for the Uttarakhand Domicile students. Candidates must present (Permanent Residence Certificate) to avail the scholarship under this scheme. Candidates can also avail the scholarship either through Uttarakhand Board Merit or Uttarakhand Domicile Category.
Note: Scholarship details for all courses available here.
UPES Engineering Aptitude Test Eligibility Criteria:
UPESEAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria set of rules and criteria must be fulfilled by an aspirant to be eligible for UPES Early Entrance Exams.
UPESEAT 2020 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||University of Petroleum & Energy Engineering Aptitude Test|
|Commonly Known As||UPESEAT|
|Exam Type||University Level|
|Exam Conducting Body||(UPES) University of Petroleum & Energy Studies|
- There are two mediums of UPESEAT Examination offered by Institute i.e, Exam & Non-Exam. The Eligibility criteria for both the mediums are different.
- Candidates who have qualified JEE Main 2020 will not be required to qualify UPESEAT 2020.