The WBJEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria is set by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board. The eligibility criteria for appearing in the WBJEE-2020 and General Academic Qualifications for admission to Engineering/Pharmacy Courses are given here. And the Exam is conducted for admissions into various Engineering as well as Medical colleges in the State. And the list of colleges includes Government as well as private colleges. The exam will take place in an Offline mode/Pen-Paper test. The candidate should check WBJEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria regarding the examination. And the candidates must strictly follow the eligibility.
Before applying for the exam, the candidate must ensure that he/she satisfies the eligibility criteria as defined by the Board. If the selected candidate is found ineligible, they will have to face cancellation and will not receive their fee back. WBJEE 2020 is the entrance exam for admissions into various courses at colleges in WEST BENGAL.
The candidate must have done their 10+2 Examination with Physics and Maths along with any one of Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Computer Science/ Computer Application as compulsory subject with individual passing marks (theory & practical) in all 3 subjects mentioned above.
WBJEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria as set by the board include Citizenship, Age limit, Domicile/Resident requirement and some Academic requirements as given below-
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about WBJEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria: Academic Qualification
- Every candidate appearing for the exam must be an Indian citizen.
- To appear for the exam, the candidate must be at least 17 years old, there is no limit on the upper age.
- For Marine Engineering aspirants, the lower age limit is 17 years and the upper age limit is 25 years. These age limits are must for the same as these are set by the admission Authorities.
- Under the Domicile/Resident requirement, some mandatory documents will be available on the official website of the examination.
- According to the Calcutta University and Jadavpur University, the candidate must have passed class 12 exam from a Recognized Board including West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education. And must pass the subjects including physics, chemistry, and Mathematics individually and score at least 60% for the General category. And 55% otherwise along with 30% in English to qualify for sitting for the exam.
Some Further Information pertaining to WBJEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- For all the other colleges and the Department of jute technology, the candidates need to pass in Physics and Mathematics compulsorily along with one subject out of Biology, Biotechnology, and Chemistry with a minimum of 45% marks for the General category and 40% marks for the others. In addition to this, the candidate needs to score a minimum of 30% in English.
- Candidates who apply for Marine Engineering need to score 60% marks in PCM and pass all the three subjects individually. In addition to this, the candidate must have scored 50% in English in Class 10 and 12.
Reservation for other state students in WBJEE
- The gateway to the Entrance for the students at Jadavpur University is purely on the basis of merit rank one has secured in the entrance test.
- Candidates belonging to UP/Bihar are also studying at Jadavpur University among others, same goes for the Calcutta University.
- but, Students belonging to SC/ST/OBC category have to sit as the General candidate if they don’t have the Domicile of the State.
- Also, the Government colleges in West Bengal except JU and CU does not take students from other states.
Number of Attempts
There is no restriction on the number of attempts for West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination 2020.
Eligibility criteria for appearing in the WBJEE-2020
List of Recognised Board/Council for Admission in West Bengal through WBJEEB 2020
As per WBJEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria published by WBJEEB, the students from following Boards and council are eligible to sit in the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination.
1. A Level Of General Certificate Of Education, Cambridge University (IGSE)
2. Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
3. Andhra Pradesh Open School Society
4. Assam Higher Secondary Education Council
5. Assam Sanskrit Board
6. Banasthali Vidyapith
7. Bhutan Higher Secondary Education Certificate
8. Bihar Board of Open Schooling and Examination
9. Bihar Intermediate Education Council, Patna
10. Bihar Sanskrit Shiksha Board
11. Bihar School Examination Board
12. Bihar State Madrasa Education Board, Patna
13. Board of High School and Intermediate Education, Uttar Pradesh
14. Board Of Higher Secondary Examinations Tamil Nadu
15. Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh
16. Board Of School Education Uttarakhand
17. Board of School Education, Haryana
18. Board Of Secondary Education, Orissa
19. Board Of Secondary Education Andhra Pradesh
20. Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan
21. Board Of Secondary Education, Assam
22. Board Of Secondary Education, Manipur
23. CBSE I (CBSE International)
24. Central Board of Secondary Education
25. Chattisgarh Sanskrit Board, Raipur
26. Chattisgarh State Open School
27. Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education
28. Chhattisgarh Madrasa Board
29. Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination
30. Council of Higher Secondary Education, Manipur
31. Council of Higher Secondary Education, Odisha
32. Dayalbagh Educational Institute (Deemed University)
33. Edexcel, London (Uk)
34. Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education
35. Government Of Karnataka Dept. Of Pre-University Education
36. Gujrat Secondary & Higher Secondary Education Board
37. Haryana Open School, Bhiwani
38. Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education
39. Indian School Certificate
40. International Baccalaureate
41. Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi
42. Jammu & Kashmir State Board of School Education
43. Jharkhand Academic Council, Ranchi
44. Karnataka Board of the Pre-University Education
45. Karnataka Open School
46. Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board
47. Kerala Board Of Higher Secondary Education
48. Kerala Board Of Public Examination
49. Kerala State Open School, Thiruvananthapuram
50. Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education
51. Madhya State Open School Education Board
52. Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education
53. Maharishi Patanjali Sanskrit Sansthan
54. Meghalaya Board of School Education
55. Mizoram Board of School Education
56. Nagaland Board of School Education
57. National Institute of Open Schooling
58. Punjab School Education Board
59. Rajasthan State Open School, Jaipur
60. Rajiv Gandhi University Of Knowledge Technologies, Hyderabad
61. Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan
62. School Education Department, Govt of Tamil Nadu
63. Telangana Pradesh Open School Society
64. Telangana State Board of Intermediate Education
65. The Haryana Open School
66. The Jammu & Kashmir State Open School
67. The Kerala State Higher Education Council
68. The West Bengal Council Of Rabindra Open Schooling
69. Tripura Board of Secondary Education
70. U.P.Sec. Sanskrit Education Council
71. Uttar Pradesh State Open School Board
72. Uttranchal Siksha evam Pariksha Parisad
73. Vishwa Bharti University, Shantiniketan, Birbhoom, Wb
74. Vocational Higher Secondary Education Department, Govt of Kerala
75. West Bengal Board of Madrasa Education
76. West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education
77. West Bengal State Council of Vocational Education & Training
WBJEE Recognized Board/Council for 12th Class
The List of Recognised Board/Council PDF is available here.
The candidates should follow the Eligibility Criteria for WBJEE 2020 guidelines without fail.
The official website of WBJEE:
wbjee 2020 application form, wbjee 2020 exam date, wbjee medical 2020, wbjee.nic.in 2020, wbjee 2020 application form fee, wbjee 2020 syllabus pdf, wbjee syllabus 2020 pdf download
“Stay tuned to EntranceZone for the upcoming information regarding WBJEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria .”