BHU RET 2020 is also known as Banaras Hindu University Research Entrance Test which has been postponed. This entrance exam is conducted at a university-level exam once a year to offers admission in M.Phil and PhD courses. Candidates willing to apply may check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form on bhu.ac.in. Candidates can read the detailed information about BHU RET 2020 in the section given below to know more on the entrance exam including important dates, exam centres, exam pattern, cut off and counselling process.
BHU RET 2020 Status
|Exam Date for RET Law & RET HRDE||
BHU RET Law and RET HRDE, scheduled on 18 Apr 2021, is postponed. New dates will be announced later on.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about BHU RET 2020: RET Law & RET HRDE(Postponed) - Admissions
BHU RET 2020 Important Dates
The important dates of the BHU RET Exam are given in the table below.
|Availability of RET-2021 Form||01 February 2021|
|Last date for online submission of application forms||22 February 2021|
|Downloading Admit Card for RET 2021||05 April 2021|
|Online Test Date||11 April 2021|
|Release of Answer key||to be announced|
|Last date to submit the objection in the Answer Key||to be announced|
|Declaration of RET – Agriculture Test A Result||to be announced|
|Counselling Date of RET/RET – Exempted Candidates||to be announced|
BHU RET 2020 Result
The vital information regarding the BHU RET result is given below.
- The result will be declared soon for RET- AG & Vet
- Scorecard will be released in online mode by the authority.
- Candidates can check the result on the official website.
- The result will be released in the form of merit list.
- It also releases an equal number of waitlist with the names of all the eligible waitlisted candidates.
BHU RET 2020 Qualifying Marks
The expected qualifying marks for BHU RET 2020 is 35% for all the categories. All the candidates are required to score a minimum of 35% of marks in the Part A examination to appear for the Part B examination. Candidates shall get three marks for each correct answer and their 1 mark shall get deducted for each wrong answer. All the unattempted questions of the candidates shall get zero marks.
BHU RET 2020 Counselling
The vital information regarding the BHU RET Counselling is given below
- The counselling process will start after the declaration of the result.
- All the selected candidates are required to appear for the counselling session.
- Candidates must go to the counselling centre along with an original copy of all the required documents.
- Candidates are required to appear for the BHU RET 2020 counselling round at the given date and time.
Documents required for BHU RET 2020 Counselling
Candidates can check the list of the required documents for BHU RET counselling below.
- Marksheet of the qualifying examination (Original Copy)
- Certificate for the qualifying examination (Original Copy)
- Hall Ticket for the BHU RET 2020 examination (Original Copy)
BHU RET 2020 Seat Reservation
The details regarding the BHU RET 2020 seat reservation criteria are given below:
BHU RET 2020 Application Form
The detailed information regarding the BHU RET Application Form is given below.
- The form was released through online mode.
- Candidates will be able to fill the application form from the official website.
- The last date to fill the application form will be in
- Applicants have to complete the application because the incomplete form will be rejected by the officials.
- Candidates have to fill the application carefully because there is no provision of correction window.
- Multiple forms of the single candidate might be rejected by the officials.
BHU RET Application Fee
The detailed information regarding BHU RET Application fee is given below.
- Mode of Payment: Candidates have to pay their fee through online mode via:
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Net banking
How to Apply for RET 2020?
Candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps to apply for the BHU RET 2020 Exam.
- Visit the official website of the authority.
- Then, click on “Apply here” option.
- The application form will get opened on the screen.
- Enter all the required details correctly.
- Then upload the documents and pay the application fee.
- At last, submit the application form and keep it safe till further use.
BHU RET 2020 Eligibility criteria
The qualification criteria for Banaras Hindu University Research courses are mention below.
Candidates must have passed in the qualifying examination and they are also required to score a minimum of 50 marks in their qualifying examination.
Faculty of Agriculture:
- (i) Masters degree in Agriculture (M.Sc.(Ag)/M.Sc.) in the concerned discipline with B.Sc. (Ag.)/B.Sc.(Hons)Ag. 4 years degree OR
- (ii) Master‟s degree in Agriculture [M.Sc. (Ag.) / M.Sc.] in any one of the allied subjects/ disciplines with B.Sc. (Ag.)/ B.Sc. (Hons)Ag. 4 years degree pertaining to the department as per the list is given in the Appendix – I. Applicants for Ph.D. admission in Horticulture may also be from B.Sc.(Horti.) 4 years background with post-graduation in the subject.
- (iii) M.Tech. in Agricultural Engineering / M.E.(Agricultural Engineering) or equivalent degree with the specialization in Soil and Water Conservation Engineering / Irrigation and Drainage Engineering / Soil and Water Engineering / Water Resources Engineering or M.Sc. (Ag.) in Soil and Water Conservation for admission in PhD in Agricultural Engineering (Soil and Water Conservation Engineering).
- (iv) M.Sc.(Ag.) /M.Sc. in Agricultural Statistics, for admission in PhD in Agricultural Statistics.
- Applicants for PhD admission in Animal Husbandry and Dairying B.Sc.(Ag.)/B.Sc.(Hons)Ag. will be considered as basic UG qualification plus M.Sc./M.Sc.(Ag.) in the concerned subject. If in place of B.Sc.(Ag.)/B.Sc.(Hons)Ag. the candidate has any other UG degree, the courses studied by him/her at UG stage should be at least 60-70% in equivalence with B.Sc.(Ag.)/B.Sc.(Hons)Ag. the course of I.Ag.Sc., BHU.
However, the Equivalence Committee may meet only in case if the seats are remaining vacant after admitting all bonafide B.Sc.(Ag.)/B.Sc.(Hons)Ag. degree holders qualifying at Test-C”.
The candidates having 10+2+3+2 system of education will also be eligible for admission in Ph.D. through RET and RET (Exempted) in the following Disciplines:
(1) Food Science & Technology; (2) Agricultural Statistics
- Qualifying Marks: At least 55% in aggregate or equivalent grade point average in the qualifying examination.
BHU RET 2020 Exam Pattern
The vital information regarding BHU RET Exam Pattern is given below.
- Test A: Test A is conducted for evaluating the Subject Knowledge, Assessment of Logical and Analytical Capability and Research Methodology of the candidates.
- Test B: Test B is conducted to evaluate the Research proposal and Personal Interview to test aptitude for research.
Exam Pattern of Test A
|Type of Questions||MCQ type questions|
|Number of Questions||100 objective type questions|
|Duration of the Exam||120 minutes|
|Maximum Marks||300 marks|
|Marking Scheme||03 Marks will be awarded for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||01 Mark will be deducted for each incorrect attempt|
Exam Pattern of Test B
|Duration of Exam||30 Minutes|
|Marking Scheme||No Specific Scheme|
Candidates can check the section-wise distribution of marks for BHU RET 2020 below.
BHU RET 2020 Important Books
Candidates may check the important books for BHU RET 2020 Exam here:
|Book Name||Author Name|
|Agrivision General Agriculture||M. Raghuramam
Vijay Kumar Mishra,
|General Agriculture||Muniraj Singh Rathore|
|Objective Agriculture||S.R. Kantwa|
BHU RET 2020 Admit Card
The detailed information regarding the BHU RET Admit Card is given below.
- Admit Card will be released in the third week of October 2020.
- Hall ticket will be released in online mode by the authority.
- Candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website.
- All those candidates who have successfully completed the registration process will get the admit card.
- All the candidates are required to download and print their admit cards for future references.
- Candidates shall get an SMS regarding the release of their admit card on their registered mobile number.
- All the aspirants must go to the BHU RET 2020 exam centre along with their admit card and valid id proof.
BHU RET 2021 Highlights
|Exam Name||BHU RET|
|Conducting body||Banaras Hindi University|
Benaras Hindu University was established in the year 1916. It is situated in Uttar Pradesh India. It has about 30,000 students residing on campus, and hence it claims the title of the largest residential university of Asia. It offers various courses from Diploma level to Ph.D. level for the candidates. BHU is organized into 6 institutes and 14 faculties (streams) and about 140 departments. As of 2017, the total student enrolment at the university is 27,359 from 48 countries. The university has over 75 hostels for resident students.