BHU RET 2020 is also known as Banaras Hindu University Research Entrance Test 2020. This entrance exam is conducted by the Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi at the university level once in a year. RET exam offers admission in M.Phil and PhD courses. Candidates can read the detailed information about BHU RET 2020 in the section given below to know more on the entrance exam including important dates, exam centres, exam pattern, cut off and counselling process.
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Reva University Bengaluru Admissions Open Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- GNIOT group of Institutes Admissions 2020 Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
BHU RET 2020 Important Dates
The important dates of the BHU RET is given below.
|Availability of online Form||Third week of September 2020|
|Last date for online submission of application forms||First week of October 2020|
|Downloading Admit Card||Third week of October 2020|
|Online Test Date||Third week of October 2020|
|Release of Answer key||Last week of October 2020|
|Last date to submit the objection in the Answer Key||First week of November 2020|
|Declaration of Result||Second week of November 2020|
|Counselling Date of Candidates||To be announced!|
BHU RET 2020 Application Form
The detailed information regarding the BHU RET Application Form is given below.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about BHU RET 2020: Notification, Application Form, Dates - Admissions
- The application form will be released in the third week of September 2020.
- Form will be released through online mode on the official website.
- Applicants have to complete application because incomplete form will be rejected by the officials.
- Candidates have to fill the application carefully because there is no provision of correction window.
- Multiple forms of the single candidate might be rejected by the officials.
The detailed information regarding BHU RET Application fee is given below.
Mode of Payment: Candidates have to pay their fee through online mode by credit card, debit card or net banking.
BHU RET 2020 Eligibility criteria
The qualification criteria for Banaras Hindu University Research courses are mention below.
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
UPES Design Aptitude Test
GNIOT Greater Noida
Lovely Professional University
Manav Rachna University
UPES Management Entrance Test
GD Goenka DAT
Faculty of Agriculture:
- Qualifying Examination: A candidate having (i) Masters degree in Agriculture (M.Sc.(Ag)/M.Sc.) in the concerned discipline with B.Sc. (Ag.)/B.Sc.(Hons)Ag. 4 years degree OR
(ii) Master‟s degree in Agriculture [M.Sc. (Ag.) / M.Sc.] in any one of the allied subjects/ disciplines with B.Sc. (Ag.)/ B.Sc. (Hons)Ag. 4 years degree pertaining to the department as per the list is given in the Appendix – I. Applicants for Ph.D. admission in Horticulture may also be from B.Sc.(Horti.) 4 years background with post-graduation in the subject.
(iii) M.Tech. in Agricultural Engineering / M.E.(Agricultural Engineering) or equivalent degree with the specialization in Soil and Water Conservation Engineering / Irrigation and Drainage Engineering / Soil and Water Engineering / Water Resources Engineering or M.Sc. (Ag.) in Soil and Water Conservation for admission in Ph.D. in Agricultural Engineering (Soil and Water Conservation Engineering).
(iv) M.Sc.(Ag.) /M.Sc. in Agricultural Statistics, for admission in Ph.D. in Agricultural Statistics.
Applicants for PhD admission in Animal Husbandry and Dairying B.Sc.(Ag.)/B.Sc.(Hons)Ag. will be considered as basic UG qualification plus M.Sc./M.Sc.(Ag.) in the concerned subject. If in place of B.Sc.(Ag.)/B.Sc.(Hons)Ag. the candidate has any other UG degree, the courses studied by him/her at UG stage should be at least 60-70% in equivalence with B.Sc.(Ag.)/B.Sc.(Hons)Ag. the course of I.Ag.Sc., BHU.
However, the Equivalence Committee may meet only in case if the seats are remaining vacant after admitting all bonafide B.Sc.(Ag.)/B.Sc.(Hons)Ag. degree holders qualifying at Test-C”.
The candidates having 10+2+3+2 system of education will also be eligible for admission in Ph.D. through RET and RET (Exempted) in the following Disciplines:
(1) Food Science & Technology; (2) Agricultural Statistics
- Qualifying Marks: At least 55% in aggregate or equivalent grade point average in the qualifying examination.
BHU RET 2020 Exam Pattern
The vital information regarding BHU RET Exam Pattern is given below.
- Test A: Test A is conducted for evaluating the Subject Knowledge, Assessment of Logical and Analytical Capability and Research Methodology of the candidates.
- Test B: Test B is conducted to evaluate the Research proposal and Personal Interview to test aptitude for research.
Exam Pattern of Test A
|Type of Questions||MCQ type questions|
|Number of Questions||100 objective type questions|
|Duration of the Exam||120 minutes|
|Maximum Marks||300 marks|
|Marking Scheme||03 Marks will be awarded for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||01 Mark will be deducted for each incorrect attempt|
Exam Pattern of Test B
|Duration of Exam||30 Minutes|
|Marking Scheme||No Specific Scheme|
Candidates can check the section-wise distribution of marks for BHU RET 2020 below.
BHU RET 2020 Admit Card
The detailed information regarding the BHU RET Admit Card is given below.
- Admit Card will be released in the third week of October 2020.
- Hall ticket will be released on the official website through online mode.
- All those candidates who have successfully completed the registration process will get the admit card.
- All the candidates are required to download and print their admit cards for future references.
- Candidates shall get an SMS regarding the release of their admit card on their registered mobile number.
- All the aspirants must go to the BHU RET 2020 exam centre along with their admit card and valid id proof.
BHU RET 2020 Result
The vital information regarding the BHU RET result is given below.
- The result will be declared in the second week of November 2020.
- Scorecard will be released on the official website through online mode.
- Result will be released in the form of merit list.
- It also releases an equal number of waitlist with the names of all the eligible waitlisted candidates.
BHU RET 2020 Counselling
The vital information regarding the BHU RET Counselling is given below
- All the selected candidates are required to appear for the counselling session.
- Candidates must go to the counselling centre along with an original copy of all the required documents.
- Candidates are required to appear for the BHU RET 2020 counselling round at the given date and time.
Documents required for BHU RET 2020 Counselling
Candidates can check the list of the required documents for BHU RET counselling below.
- Marksheet of the qualifying examination (Original Copy)
- Certificate for the qualifying examination (Original Copy)
- Hall Ticket for the BHU RET 2020 examination (Original Copy)
More Exams by Banaras Hindu University
The university conducts entrance exam for School, UG, PG and Research.
|Undergraduate Entrance Exam||Post Graduate Entrance Exam|