PU M.Ed Entrance Exam 2020 will be conducted by Panjab University, Chandigarh. Panjab University was established in 1882 and is located in Chandigarh, India. Panjab University Master of Education Entrance Exam or PU M.Ed Entrance exam is conducted by Panjab University with the purpose to give admissions to candidates in the two year M.Ed course (regular) in the department of education. Those candidates who are appearing in the B.Ed examination from any recognized university are eligible to apply for admission at Panjab University. Read this complete article to get more information about Panjab University M.Ed Entrance Exam 2020.
PU M.Ed Entrance Exam 2020 Important Dates
The important dates of events of the PU M.Ed entrance exam are mentioned in the given below table.
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
|Release date of application form||First week of July 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form||Last week of August 2020|
|Merit list||Last week of August 2020|
All the above dates are tentative based on the previous year’s information. As soon as the official authority will announce the new examination schedule, it will be updated here as well. Till then stay connected to Entrance Zone.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about PU M.Ed Entrance Exam 2020: Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Pattern - Admissions
PU M.Ed Entrance Exam 2020 Application Form
The application of the PU M.Ed entrance exam 2020 is to be released in the first week of July 2020 by Panjab University on its official website.
- Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria first before filling up the application form.
- Candidates are advised to keep all their documents with themselves at the time of filling the application form.
- Applicants must take the print out of the application form for future reference.
The fee structure of the application form of PU M.Ed entrance exam 2020 is mentioned in the given below table.
|For General and OBC category||Rs 1500/-|
|For SC, ST, or PwD category||Rs 750/-|
Note: The fee structure is based on the previous year’s information.
PU M.Ed Entrance Exam 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The desired eligibility criteria of candidates who want to take admission in PU M.ed is listed below.
For M.Ed Regular:
- The candidate must have a degree in Bachelor of Education or its equivalent degree with minimum 50% aggregate marks from a recognized University by AIU; or should have an undergraduate degree of B.A.B.Ed., B.Sc. B.Ed. or B.El.Ed or D.El.Ed. with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in each and 5% of concession in marks is admissible in eligibility to SC, ST, BC or PwD candidates.
For M.Ed Special Education (MR):
- A candidate who has a PG diploma degree is eligible to apply for admission.
- A candidate who has completed B.Ed general course and has successfully completed the Diploma can also apply for the admission.
- The candidate must have a degree in B.EdSpl.Ed with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks from a recognized university or any other equivalent degree from an affiliating university or teaching department under any university recognized by UGC are also eligible to apply for admission in the M.Ed course in Panjab University.
PU M.Ed Entrance Exam 2020 Exam pattern
The exam pattern of PU M.Ed entrance test 2020 is mentioned in the given below table.
|Time duration||1 Hour 30 Minutes (90 minutes)|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs)|
|Language of the paper||English|
|Number of questions||75|
|Marking scheme||For every right answer, 1 mark will be awarded.
For every four wrong answers, 1 mark will be deducted. Marks will not be deducted in fraction and for the last three wrong answers, no marks will be deducted.
This is the exam pattern of the PU M.Ed as prescribed by the Punjab University.
PU M.Ed Entrance Exam 2020 Syllabus
Candidates are advised to go through with the syllabus before start preparing for the examination. The syllabus of PU M.Ed 2020 is
- Philosophical and Sociological basis of education
- The learner- Nature, and development (Educational Psychology)
- Teaching learning process
- School management
- Guidance and counselling
PU M.Ed Entrance Exam 2020 Merit list
- Candidates will be able to check the merit list of PU M.Ed 2020 in the last week of August 2020(Tentatively).
- The merit list will be released in the pdf format on the official website of Panjab University.
- The merit list will contain the name of all selected candidates for admission in the M.ed course.
- On the official website, candidates can check the merit list by entering the login credentials i.e registration number, password, and application number that they have generated at the time of registration.
PU M.Ed Entrance Exam 2020 Counseling
The counseling round will be conducted by Panjab University in the first week of September
Those candidates who have qualified the entrance exam and whose name appears in the merit list will be able to attend the counseling round.
All applicants will be informed about the counseling round through their registered contact details.
PU M.Ed (Master of Education) Entrance Exam 2020 Highlights
The highlights of the PU M.Ed entrance exam 2020 are mentioned in the given below table.
|Name of the university||Panjab University|
|Type of university||Public state university|
|Campus area||550 acres|
|Affiliated by||UGC, NAAC, and AIU|
Visit the official website to get more information about Panjab University.
Panjab University is a public state university located in Chandigarh, India. The university was established in 1882. The university is affiliated by UGC, NAAC, and AIU. The main campus of the university is around 550 acres. PU has 188 affiliated colleges spread across Punjab. The mission of the University is to be incorporated for the purpose, among others, for making provision for imparting education in Arts, Letters, Science, and the learned professions and of furthering the advancement of learning and the prosecution of original research, with power to appoint the University Professors, Readers, and Lecturers, to hold and manage educational endowments, to erect, equip and maintain University colleges, libraries, laboratories. Panjab University has been ranked No.2 in the US news ranking 2018. PU offers various courses at UG, Integrated, PG, executive and diploma levels.