Patna University M.Ed Entrance Test 2020 is conducted by Patna University. Patna University was established in 1917 as a separate department of post-graduate teaching and research institute. Candidates who want to appear for the entrance exam(MEET) must have obtained a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in B.Ed. B.A.Ed./B.Sc.Ed. B.El.Ed or D.El.Ed./D.Ed. MEET is conducted by Patna University for the candidates who want to take admission in the two year Master of Education(M.Ed) course for the academic session of 2020-22. Read this complete article to get more information about Patna University M.Ed Entrance Test 2020.
Patna University MEET 2020 Important Dates
The important dates of all events of the Patna University M.Ed entrance test are mentioned in the given below table.
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
|Last date to submit the application form||Last week of May 2020|
|Issue of admit card||June 2020|
|Date of exam||June 2020|
Note: All the above dates are tentative based on the previous year’s information. As soon as the official authority will announce the new exam schedule, it will be updated here as well. Till then stay connected with Entrance Zone.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Patna University M.Ed Entrance Test 2020 (MEET): Application, Admit Card - Admissions
Patna University M.Ed Entrance Test 2020 Application Form
The application form of M.Ed. Entrance Test (MEET) is going to be released on 15th May 2020(Tentative). Some basic details for candidates regarding the application form of MEET are listed below.
- To fill the application form, candidates have to visit the official website of Patna University.
- Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria first, before filling up the application form.
- Applicants must fill the application form before the last date. Those applications which have been submitted after the last date will be rejected automatically.
The application fee of MEET 2020 is Rs 500/- as per the previous year’s information.
Mode of Payment: The application fee of MEET 2020 has to be paid through the bank draft.
List of documents to be enclosed with the application form
The following are the documents that candidates have to be enclosed with their application form.
- Bank draft on the top- candidates have to mention their name and application form number on the back of demand draft.
- Application form
- Self-attested copy of mark sheet of B.Ed degree.
- Self-attested copy of all other required documents, certificates or mark sheets.
To submit the application form, candidates have to submit the application form to the PG department of education, Patna University or can be sent through speed post to Head, PG department of education, Patna University.
Patna University M.Ed. Entrance Test (MEET) 2020 Eligibility Criteria
If a candidate wants to appear in the entrance exam, then they must fulfil the eligibility criteria as prescribed by the official authority. The eligibility criteria for M.Ed. Entrance Test (MEET) are mentioned below.
- Qualification Criteria: Candidates must have obtained at least 55% aggregate marks in Bachelor of Education(B.Ed) degree or any other qualification equivalent that is recognized by UGC and NICTE. There will be a relaxation of 5% marks in favour of candidates of SC, ST or OBC and other reserved categories of candidates as defined by State Government.
- Appearing Candidates: A candidate who is appearing in the qualifying examination that is mentioned above can also apply for admission, but they have to produce the result in the University with at least seven days before the date of publication of the MEET result as prescribed by Patna University.
Patna University M.Ed Entrance Test 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates are advised to go through with the exam pattern before starting preparing for the exam. This will help candidates to get a clear idea about the question paper.
|Number of Sections||4(A, B, C, and D)|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Total number of questions||100|
|Time duration||1 Hour 40 Minutes (100 Minutes)|
|Number of questions in each section||25|
|Marks of each section||25|
Note: This is the exam pattern of M.Ed. Entrance Test (MEET) as prescribed by the university.
Patna University M.Ed Entrance Test 2020 Admit Card
The admit card of M.Ed. Entrance Test (MEET) will be released on 22 May 2020(Tentative). Some basic information of candidates regarding the MEET 2020 admit card are listed below.
- The admit card will release in online mode only.
- Candidates will be able to download their admit card from the official website of Patna University by entering their login credentials
- Candidates are advised to bring their admit card in the examination hall failing to which candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall
- All applicants are advised to keep their hall ticket with themselves until the whole admission process is completed.
Patna University M.Ed Entrance Test 2020 Results
The result of MEET 2020 will be announced in the second week of June 2020(tentative).
- Patna University MEd Entrance test result will release in online mode.
- The result will be declared by Patna University on its official website in the pdf format.
- The result will contain the marks obtained by individual candidates and based on marks, a final merit list will be prepared.
- Candidates are advised to download the result in the pdf format for future reference.
Patna University M.Ed Entrance Test 2020 Tie-Breaking Criteria
A tie is a situation where two or more candidates have scored equal marks or ranks in the entrance exam. The tie will be dissolved in the following manner.
- Marks obtained by candidates in the B.Ed examination.
- Marks obtained by candidates in B.Sc, B.A or B.Com Hons or its equivalent examination.
- Marks obtained in the intermediate or equivalent examination.
- Marks obtained in the Matriculation or equivalent examination
- Candidate age in decreasing order.
Patna University M.Ed Entrance Test 2020 Selection Criteria
The selection criteria of candidates are mentioned below.
- Candidates will be selected for admission based on the merit list subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria as prescribed by the official authority.
- Those candidates will be called as a MEET qualified who have will at least 45% aggregate marks.
Download Patna University M.Ed Entrance Test Information Bulletin PDF Here.
Patna University 2020 Highlights
The highlights of the University are mentioned in the given below table.
|Name of the University||Patna University|
|Located at||Patna, Bihar, India|
|Campus Area||181.58 acres|
|Number of colleges||10|
|Type of university||State University|
Candidates are advised to visit the official website to get more information about Patna University.
Patna University was established in 1917 with the mission to provide equitable access to quality higher education in Graduate, Post-Graduate and doctoral studies and to provide service to society and the nation is the university’s obligation and to share the benefits of its knowledge for the public good is its main foundational ethic. Patna University is the 11th oldest university in the Indian subcontinent. The university is affiliated by University Grants Commission(UGC). The motto of the university is the desire to seek the truth should be your defined quest. Patna University is currently offering various courses at undergraduate, post-graduation and doctoral levels in the field of commerce, science, humanities, education, management. Computer applications, library science, and law.
What is the eligibility criteria for admission in Patna UniversityM.Ed course?
Candidates should have obtained a minimum of 50% marks or an equivalent grade in B.Ed. B.A.Ed./B.Sc.Ed. B.El.Ed. D.El.Ed./D.Ed.
What is the procedure for admission to Patna University M.Ed?
Candidates are selected based on merit which means marks secured by the candidates in the entrance examination. candidates shall able to take part in the further admission process if they will clear the entrance test.
Why will Patna University entrance exam be conducted?
Patna University will hold an entrance exam for candidates who wish to seek Patna University admission procedure in various UG and PG courses offered by the university.