National Informatics Olympiad (NIO) 2021 registration dates will be announced by the end of August 2021. The Indian Association for Research in Computing Science (IARCS), conducts the Indian Computing Olympiad to select a team of four students to represent India at the International Olympiad for Informatics (IOI). The National Informatics Olympiad or Indian Computing Olympiad is open to all school students upto class 12. The examination takes place in three stages: Zonal Informatics Olympiad (ZIO) / Zonal Computing Olympiad (ZCO); Indian National Olympiad in Informatics (INOI) and International Olympiad for Informatics (IOI). To get more details of National Informatics Olympiad Registration, exam dates, syllabus, eligibility, etc, read the complete article.
National Informatics Olympiad/ ICO 2021 Exam Status
The interested students can check the latest updates about the ZIO 2021 Registration and exam dates from the table given below:
|National Informatics Olympiad (NIO) 2021 Registration||Dates will be announced by the end of August 2021|
|Indian National Olympiad in Informatics (INOI) 2021 Exam||January/ February 2022|
National Informatics Olympiad 2021 Important Dates
The conducting authority will announce the dates of the National Informatics Olympiad 2021 on its website. However, the candidates can check the tentative dates of the exam from the table given below:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about National Informatics Olympiad 2021: Registration, Eligibility, Awards - Admissions
|Release of the official Notification and Registration Dates||Last week of August 2021|
|Starting of the NIO Application Form||September 2021|
|Zonal Informatics Olympiad (ZIO) 2021 Exam Date||November-December 2021|
|Zonal Computing Olympiad (ZCO) 2021 Exam Date||November-December 2021|
|ZIO/ ZCO Result 2021||to be announced|
|National Informatics Olympiad (NIO) or Indian National Olympiad in Informatics (INOI) 2021 Exam Date||February 2022|
|INOI Result||to be announced|
|IOI Training Camp (IOITC) 2021||June- August 2022|
|International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI) 2021 Exam Dates||1st week of August 2022|
National Informatics Olympiad 2021 Registration
- The registration for Indian National Olympiad for Informatics (INOI) will be released online on the of the conducting authority, i.e. IARCS.
- As soon as the registration link is open, the interested candidates can fill the INOI Application Form 2021 online. Or they can also apply through the direct link given in this article.
- To fill the INOI Application Form the applicants must enter details like name, school name, date of birth, class, mobile number, and email id.
- The information provided in the application form must be correct and valid.
- The candidates must read the eligibility criteria before doing the online registration.
- The National Informatics Olympiad Registration for each stage will be common. The selected candidates will not have to re-register themselves for the further rounds.
National Informatics Olympiad 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The applicants must check the minimum eligibility criteria to participate in the INOI 2021. The details of the eligibility requirements are given below:
- The National Informatics Olympiad or Indian Computing Olympiad (ICO) is open for students upto class 12 from all the schools affiliated to any recognized board across India.
- There is no minimum age limit to participate in the INOI.
- To participate in the Indian National Olympiad in Informatics (INOI), the applicant must still be in school.
- If a candidate has completed Class 12, he/she is no longer eligible, even if they have taken a break and are not enrolled in college, or if are planning to redo your Class 12 exams for improvement.
Stages of National Informatics Olympiad
There are three stages in which the National Informatics Olympiad takes place. The details of each stage are given below:
Stage 1 (Zonal Round)
- The Zonal round or level I of the National INformatics Olympiad is in two parts. Both the exams are parallel to each other.
- Zonal Informatics Olympiad (ZIO): ZIO is a regular examination that tests the analytical and computational reasoning of the candidate. The exam takes place in many cities.
- Zonal Computing Olympiad (ZCO): Zonal Computing Olympiad is examination conduct for testing the candidate’s programming with more emphasis on algorithms. The Programming Languages that are supported are C, C++, Java, and Python.
- Students can write either ZIO or ZCO or both and qualify through either exam for the second round.
Stage 2 (National Round)- Indian National Olympiad in Informatics (INOI)
- The students who have qualified in the Zonal round are eligible to participate in the National round. The INOI exam takes place across various test centres.
- The programming language allowed for Indian National Olympiad in Informatics (INOI) in C++
Stage 3 (International Level)- International Olympiad for Informatics (IOI)
- Approximately 30 students are selected from INOI for the IOI Training Camp (IOITC). IOITC is normally organized in early May.
- IOI-2022 will be hosted by Indonesia
How to Prepare for National Informatics Olympiad 2021?
The candidates can prepare for the Indian National Informatics Olympiad (INOI) by considering the following strategies:
- Candidates can go through the Online Study Material for ICO.
- They can check the syllabus for ZIO, ZCO, and INOI is the list of Basic Topics in the Online Study Material
- Also, the participants can check the mentoring program for ZCO, INOI, and IOITC by past IOITC participants
- Students must practice daily form the preparatory material for ICO on CodeChef
- They must join the ICO Learning Program to prepare for ICO, weekly sessions by CodeChef volunteers
- Solve problems online at the IARCS Problems Archive
- Join the IOI online community.
National Informatics Olympiad 2021 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||National Informatics Olympiad/ Indian National Olympiad in Informatics (INOI)|
|Short Form||INOI 2021|
|Conducting Authority||Indian Association for Research in Computing Science (IARCS)|
|Purpose of the Exam||to promote interest in computing and Informatics Practices among the school students|
|Level of the Exam||International|
Indian Association for Research in Computing Science (IARCS) provides leadership in computing within India. Its members are leading researchers in Computer Science drawn from major institutions from all over the country. IARCS aims at promoting excellence in Computing. This organization was established in 1981. IARCS recognizes the impact of developing science in school education. To actively promote good practices, it has become involved in the International Olympiad for Informatics (IOI). IARCS is involved in all aspects of training and selection of the young talent to represent the country at this prestigious Olympiad. It also recognizes a role for itself in correcting the biases in the current curriculum for computer science in the country.
FAQs on National Informatics Olympiad
Q1. How can I get selected for the National Informatics Olympiad?
Ans: The candidates who qualify for the Zonal level of (ZIO/ ZCO) can participate in the National Informatics Olympiad.
Q2. What is the syllabus of the National Informatics Olympiad?
Ans: There is no defined syllabus for the NIO. However, candidates can take help from the online study material and practice books available online.
Q3. What is the Registration fee for Zonal Informatics Olympiad?
Ans: Candidates will have to pay Rs. 472/- as the registration fee for ZIO/ ZCO.