CBSE Improvement Exam 2021 notification will be released soon. The students who are not satisfied with their scores in CBSE Board Examination, Central Board Of Secondary Education provides a great opportunity for them to increase their marks. Only those students can opt for this option who have qualified the Board Exam. CBSE will prescribe a procedure which the student will have to follow for the Improvement Exam, the procedure includes filling up the Improvement Form which will be provided by the Exam conducting board. Students need to keep themselves updated regarding the information on Improvement forms. Online Admit card for Private Candidate for Examination Main 2021 will be available soon. Register here as CBSE Private Candidate.
CBSE Improvement Exam Latest Notification
- CBSE has decided to provide the facility of giving compartment paper to the students in the academic year of the examination. This is a part of the National Education Policy, which aims to give students who take the board exams an opportunity to score the best marks.
What does the new rule say?
As per the new rule, the students of class 10 and class 12 will get a chance to improve the marks found in any subject. CBSE has said that the compartment exam will be conducted immediately after the main examinations. While declaring the result, the student who has given compartment examination will have more good marks in both the examinations and will be recognized during the declaration of the result. If a student improves the performance of the examination given by them, then the Combine Marksheet will be issued for them.
CBSE Improvement Exam 2021 Dates for 10th & 12th
|1.||Availability of CBSE Improvement Exam Form for Class 10th & 12th||August 2021|
|2.||Last Date for CBSE Improvement Exam Form for Class 10th & 12th||August 2021|
|3.||Improvement Exam for CBSE Class 10th||September 2021|
|4.||Improvement Exam for CBSE Class 12th||September 2021|
|5.||Declaration of result for Both the Exams||October 2021|
Application for CBSE Improvement Examination 2021
Application for Improvement Examination 2021 will be available at cbseonline.ernet.in. To fill the application form enter these details here.
- Please enter information as given on your Admit Card.
- Enter Roll Number.
- Enter 5 digit School No. (As given on your admit card, enter 99999/99998 in case of
- Private candidate of All India/Delhi Scheme).
- Select the year of examination.
- Enter Center No. (As given on your admit card).
- Select Class.
CBSE Improvement Exam Official Website: https://cbseonline.ernet.in/pvtform/
CBSE Improvement Exam 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The students are advised to go through the described eligibility criteria as per the CBSE Board before applying for the Improvement Exam. The Improvement exam form will be cancelled if the candidate does not meet the eligibility.
- The candidates are eligible to give CBSE Improvement Exam only if they have passed the Previous Board Exam they have appeared for. Candidates who have not qualified the previous Board Exam can search for different provisions.
- Improvement Exam is only for those candidates who want to raise their previously scored marks in the Board Exam.
- Candidate must have studied from CBSE Board.
- The candidate will not be eligible for appearing in the Improvement Exam if he/she gets a compartment in any subject.
- No additional subject can be chosen for the Improvement Exam, only the subjects in which candidate had previously appeared can be chosen.
- The improvement exam can be given only for the Five main subjects.
Note: Improvement can be applied to all five subjects or for the selected subjects from the five main subjects.
CBSE 2021 Improvement Exam Application Form
The Candidates willing to appear for the Improvement exam 2021 are required to fill the Application Form for which the tentative availability date is September-October. It will be made available by CBSE Board. Below mentioned steps are to be followed to apply for the Improvement Exam 2021:
- The Candidates need to visit the Central Board of Secondary education’s official website i.e. CBSE.nic.in and www.cbseonline.ernet.in/pvtform/.
- Now on the Home Page click on the link Apply Online to Improvement Exam.
- Candidates then will be asked to enter their Roll Number and Name of the school.
- In the next step, the candidate needs to choose the subject for which he/she wants to give the Improvement Exam.
- Now the candidates need to choose their centre for the examination of the given choices.
- Fill all the asked details attentively.
- Cross-check the filled details carefully.
- Then click on the submit button.
- Now the website will ask for the payment, pay the Application Fee online or through Bank Challan.
- Download the Filled Application Form and also take a print out of it for future reference.
CBSE Improvement Exam 2021 Application Fee
- Rs. 200/- is the Application Fee for all the Candidates.
- Application Fee can be paid by online mode or through Bank Challan.
CBSE Improvement Exam 2021 Subject Wise Fees
The fee structure for different subjects are as follows:
|Number of Subjects||Fee (In Rs.)|
|Exam Fee for five Subjects under All India Scheme.
Exam Fee for Five Subjects under Delhi Scheme.
|Fee for additional six Subjects under All India Scheme.
Fee for additional six Subjects under Delhi Scheme.
|Fee for the practical exam under All India Scheme.
Fee for the practical exam under Delhi Scheme.
|Fee for two subjects for improvement under All India Scheme.
Fee for two subjects for improvement under Delhi Scheme.
|Fee for three or more subjects for improvement under All India Scheme.
Fee for three or more subjects for improvement under Delhi Scheme.
|Exam Fee for overseas Candidate for five subject||3000|
|Fee for additional sixth Subject for foreign candidates||1000|
|Fee for the practical exam for a foreign candidate||125|
|Fee for two subjects for improvement for foreign candidates
Fee for three or more subjects for improvement for foreign candidates
Important Points Related to CBSE Improvement 2021
The Candidates applying for CBSE Improvement Exam 2021 should go through the mentioned points below :
- The Applications for CBSE Improvement Exam 2021 will be made available on the official CBSE website.
- Improvement Exam is only for those candidates who want to raise their previously scored marks in the Board Exam.
- Candidates can apply for Improvement Exam 2021 for all the five subjects or for the selected subjects from the five main subjects.
- If the marks scored by the Candidate in the Improvement Exam is more than his/her previously scored marks then the newly revised mark sheet will be issued, and if the marks obtained in the Improvement Exam 2021 is less than the previously scored marks then the mark sheet will remain the same.
- The Candidate must go through the fees chargeable for different scenarios.
- The students are advised to go through the described eligibility criteria as per the CBSE Board before applying for the Improvement Exam. The Improvement exam form will be cancelled if the candidate does not meet the eligibility criteria as defined by the board.
- The candidates are eligible to give CBSE Improvement Exam 2021 only if they have passed the Previous Board Exam they have appeared for. Candidates who have not qualified the previous Board Exam can search for different provisions.
CBSE Improvement Exam 2021 Admit Card
CBSE will be releasing the Admit Card of Improvement Exam 2021 soon. Candidates can download the Admit Card from the CBSE Private Candidates website. The exam of CBSE Improvement 2020-21 will be held in the month of March. The forms for the CBSE Improvement exam were released in October and the candidates who are planning on appearing for the exam of CBSE Improvement were to fill-up the form and submit the completed form before the due date. Every year CBSE provides this opportunity and the candidates apply for this exam with the purpose of increasing their scores of class 10th and class 12th. The Admit card of CBSE Improvement exam 2020 is an important part of the admission procedure which will be released by CBSE. The candidates who have successfully submitted the Application Form will be eligible to download the Improvement Exam Admit card which will be available from January 2020. The final date is not declared yet and candidates will have to keep visiting the website of CBSE on a regular basis regarding any of the updates of Improvement Exam Admit card 2020. For more of the information regarding CBSE Improvement Admit Card 2021, go through the article given below.
Submission of forms for Class 10th & 12th Private Candidates 2021 (व्यक्तिगत परीक्षार्थी)
IMPROVEMENT OF PERFORMANCE (Class 10th):
- Candidate applying for Improvement of Performance cannot apply for appearing in Additional subject together.
- Candidates who have passed the Board Examination in 2020 can apply in 2021 for improving his/her performance in one or more subjects provided he/she should have appeared in the same subjects in the examination held in March 2019.
ADDITIONAL SUBJECT (Class 10th):
- Candidate applying for Additional Subject cannot apply for appearing for Upgrading of performance together.
- Candidates who have passed Board examination can apply for an additional subject from the list of subjects enclosed, within 06 years of passing the examination (candidates passed in 2013/2014/2015/2016/2017/2019 are eligible to apply). However, the candidate cannot apply for a subject involving practical work.
IMPROVEMENT OF PERFORMANCE (Class 12th):
- Candidates applying for Improvement of Performance cannot apply for appearing in Additional subject together.
- Students who have passed the Board examination in 2019 can apply in 2020 for improving his/her performance in one or more subjects provided he/she should have appeared in the same subjects in the exams held in March 2019.
- Candidates who have passed Class XII under the Vocational stream in 2017 can also apply for improving his/her performance in the exams to be held in 2020 provided he/she will be not availed the chance in 2019.
ADDITIONAL SUBJECT (Class 12th):
- Candidate applying for Additional Subject cannot apply for appearing for Improvement of Performance together.
- Students who have passed Board examination can apply for an additional subject from the list of subjects enclosed, within 06 years of passing the examination (the candidate who will be passed in 2013/2014/2015/2016/2017/2019 is eligible to apply).
- However, Students cannot apply for a subject involving practical work. The candidate is allowed to take subjects having a project component.
Read more about CBSE Private Candidates Here.
Rules for CBSE Improvement Exam 2020-21
- Only those candidates can apply for the Improvement Examination who have passed the Board Exam in 2019 and 2017.
- More than one subject can be chosen by the candidate for improvement.
- According to the number of subjects chosen for improvement by the candidate, the application fee may vary.
- After the improvement result of CBSE 2021 is out, a candidate can prefer the latest or improved result.
CBSE Improvement Exam Result 2021
The Result of CBSE improvement Exam 2020-21 and CBSE Regular Board Exam 2020-21 will be released alongside on the notified date by the CBSE Board. The marks scored by the candidate in the Improvement Exam will be considered as the final score and the revised mark sheet will be issued with the revised scores of the subjects for which the candidate will be given the exam.
CBSE Improvement Exam FAQ
How can I apply for CBSE improvement exam?
CBSE Improvement Exam can be taken in one or more subjects in the succeeding year only after passing the subject in Class XII. Students can apply through dedicated website of CBSE improvement, private candidates i.e. https://cbseonline.ernet.in/
Is improvement exam a good choice?
Yes it is a good choice to give improvement exam if you have scored below 60% then you may go for improvement exam as many places 60% (First Division) becomes eligibility.
What if I fail in CBSE improvement exam?
If you fail in the CBSE Class 12 Improvement Exam then your result will be displayed in the Improvement Exam Marksheet as “FAIL” but you don't need to write the Compartment Exam for the Failed Subject. Your previous board exam marks will be still valid and it will be taken into account for college admissions or jobs.
cbse improvement exam, improvement exam cbse, disadvantages of cbse improvement exam, cbse improvement exam form