The Department of Higher Education, Government of India implemented “Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students” since 2008. The main objective of the scheme (CSSS) is to provide financial assistance (support) to the meritorious students, to meet a part of their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies.
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admission Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh Group of Colleges Admission Open Apply Here
- Manav Rachna University Admissions Open 2019 Apply Here
- Bennett University B.Tech Admissions Open Apply Here
- Lovely Professional University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
- Chandigarh University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students is a merit-merit-cum-means scholarship scheme.
What is the eligibility criteria for applying the “Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students”?
- Students who are above the 80th percentile of successful candidates in the relevant
stream from a particular Board of Examination in Class XII.
- Pursuing a regular course.
- Having a family income of less than Rs.6 lakh per annum
- Not receiving any other scholarship
The rate of scholarship under the Scheme (Scholarship Amount)
|Education Level||Scholarship Rate|
|Graduation level for the first three years of College and University courses||Rs. 10000/- per annum|
|Post-Graduation level. Students pursuing professional courses||Rs. 20000/- per annum|
|For Students in 4th and 5th
|Rs. 20,000/- per annum|
What is the duration of scholarships and renewal criteria under the CSSS scheme?
The scholarship is renewed on year to year up to Post Graduate level in the same stream. For all professional courses, the scholarship will be renewed till the Graduation level. Furthermore, the scholarship would be renewed up to a maximum of five (5) years only.
- The scholar must Secure 60 % ( per cent) or more marks for the two preceding semesters or annual examination which determines his/her promotion to the next class.
- Also, candidate have to maintain 75 % (per cent) attendance in the classroom.
- Furthermore, the discipline of the scholar is important and the scholars should not have been involved in any ragging activities.
- Students passed their Class XII in the academic year 2008 to 2014, are required to apply directly to respective State Education Boards/CBSE and submit their renewal application form duly certified from their respective institutions.
How to apply for the CSSS scholarship?
The aspirants with 80 per cent marks can apply for Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students via National Scholarship Portal i.e. www.scholarships.gov.in.
Documents Required for Scholarships Registration
Following are the document required for Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students (CSSS) Registration.
- Bank Passbook for filling bank details
- Aadhaar card No.
- Parental income certificate
- A valid mobile number
- An e-mail ID
- Caste certificate wherever required
- Disability certificate wherever required.
- After filling the personal details students are required to select “Post-Matric” option from the drop-down menu and select the “Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship
for College and University Students”.
Download official Notification and FAQ of the Scheme PDF Here.
central sector scheme of scholarship for college and university students application form, central sector scheme of scholarship for college and university students 2018, central sector scholarship application form, central sector scholarship 2018-19, scholarship for general caste student, central sector scholarship scheme, central sector scholarship 2018 eligibility, central sector scholarship application form 2018.