CSSS Scholarship 2023 or Central Sector Scheme Scholarship registration is ongoing on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India, provides the Scholarship to meritorious students from low-income families to meet a part of their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies. The scheme is open for college and university students. The CSS scholarships are awarded on the basis of the results of the Senior Secondary Examination. So the eligible candidates can do the registration online before the closing date of the Central Sector Scholarship scheme. To get more details about the CSSS Scholarship 2023 closing dates, eligibility criteria, scholarship distribution, amount, etc, read the complete article.
Admission Open 2023
- Top University & Colleges Official Links, Application & Scholarship Forms.
CSSS Scholarship 2023 Status
The candidates who are eligible for the Central Sector Scholarship must check the latest updates about the registration dates. The status of CSS Scholarship registration dates is given below:
|CSSS Scholarship 2023 Scheme Registration||Ongoing|
CSS Scholarship 2023 Important Dates
The opening and closing dates of the Central Sector Scholarship Scheme 2023 will be notified on the National Scholarship Portal. However, candidates can check the tentative dates of the scholarship from the table given below:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about CSSS Scholarship 2023: Registration, Eligibility Criteria, Award - Admissions
|Application Opening Date||August 2023|
|Application Closing Date||30 November 2023|
|Application Closing date for J&K and Ladakh domicile holders||15 November 2023|
|Defective Verification closing date||Last week of November 2023|
|Institute Verification closing date||December 2023|
|District/State/Board/Ministry level verification
CSSS Scholarship 2023 Application Form
The registration process for the Central Sector Scholarship Scheme is very convenient. For the ease of the students, the MHRD has made the CSS Scholarship Application Online. The eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship by registering online on the National Scholarship Portal. Candidates can follow the steps given below to register for the CSSS Scholarship online:
- Initially, the applicants will have to register themselves on the National Scholarship Portal.
- Enter all the details like name, school name, contact number, email id, etc. to do the online registration. A student application ID and a password are generated on the registered email id.
- Now, the applicants need to log in to NSP using the newly generated ID and password. An OTP is sent on the registered mobile number using which the candidate must change his/her password.
- After changing the password, the candidates are directed to Applicant’s Dashboard Page, where applicants need to click on the ‘Application form’ to start the application process.
- Then start filling in all the mandatory fields like personal details, academic details, contact information, etc in the application form.
- After that, the candidates must upload the required documents and certificates as well as a passport size photograph in the same prescribed format.
- Before submitting the application form, the candidates must click on the “Preview” button to verify all the details in the application form.
- If all the information in the form is correct, the candidate should click on the “Submit” button to finally submit the application form for CSS Scholarship.
Documents Required to Apply for Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship
The candidates must have a few supporting documents in order to fill the CSSS Scholarship Application Form. These documents have to be uploaded in the same format as prescribed in the brochure. The list of documents required for the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship are given below:
- Bank passbook issued in the name of the applicant for filling bank details
- Aadhaar card number (In case Aadhaar is not yet assigned, alternatives like Aadhaar enrolment ID slip, voter ID card, driving license, PAN, passport, etc. can be used
- Income certificate of the parents issued by the competent authority
- Caste certificate, if applicable
- Disability certificate, if applicable
- Class 12 mark sheet
CSSS Scholarship 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The MHRD will offer the scholarship benefit to only those candidates who fulfill the desired eligibility criteria. Therefore, all the applicants must read the eligibility criteria before applying for the CSSS Scholarship award. The following students are eligible for the Central Sector Scholarship Scheme 2023
- Applicants who are above the 80th percentile of successful candidates in the relevant stream from a particular Board of Examination in Class XII are eligible for the scholarship.
- An applicant must be pursuing a regular course (not correspondence or distance mode)
- A candidate must be having a family income of less than Rs.8 lakh per annum
- A candidate must not be receiving any other scholarship and fee reimbursement of any kind.
- Students pursuing Diploma courses are not eligible for the Central Sector Scholarship Scheme.
CSSS Scholarship 2023 Selection Process
The eligible candidates who have applied on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) can be selected for the CSS Scholarship.
- The online applications would be verified at two levels: (i) By the Institute where the student is studying. (ii) By the respective State Education Board.
- An application that is not verified either by the institute or by the concerned State Education Board or by both will be treated as “Invalid‟.
- Merit list as per the State allocated quota would be generated from the verified applications.
CSS Scholarship Merit List 2023
- The merit list would be released by the MHRD for the eligible candidates who will be awarded the scholarship.
- From the eligible applicants, a merit list is drawn based on gender (50 boys: 50 girls)
- Based on stream (3-Science : 2-Commerce: 1-Humanities)
- Based on social Category (SC-15 % / ST-7.5 % and OBC-27 % ), and 5 % horizontal reservation is provided for Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) from the allocated quota of individual State Education Boards.
CSSS Scholarship 2023 Award
The eligible candidates under the CSS Scholarship will be awarded monetary help by the Government of India. The award money for various categories is given below:
|Level of Study||Scholarship Amount|
CSSS Scholarship 2023 Allocation
The Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship is awarded on the basis of the results of the Senior Secondary Examination.
- Every year 82000 fresh scholarships are awarded. Among this, 41000 is for boys and 41000 for girls.
- The total number of scholarships are divided amongst the State Education Boards based on the State’s population in the age group of 18-25 years, after segregating the share of CBSE and ICSE on the basis of a number of students passing out from various Boards in the country.
- 50 % of the scholarship is earmarked for girls.
- The number of scholarships allotted to a State Education Board is distributed amongst pass outs of the Science, Commerce, and Humanities streams in the ratio of 3:2:1.
- In case of a shortfall in the number of applications, the scholarship slots could be inter-changed.
CSSS Scholarship 2023 Renewal Process
The CSS Scholarship is valid for a maximum period of 5 years.
- However, a scholarship under the scheme is renewable on year to year basis up to Post Graduate level in the same stream (except for the students pursuing technical courses leading to a degree at graduation level).
- A scholar would be allowed to continue/renew his/her scholarship if, he/she changes the course of study to a stream not offered by his school Board in Class XII (e.g. Law, Fashion Technology, etc.).
- Students changing their college/institute of study would be allowed to continue/renew the scholarship provided the course of study and the institution is recognized.
CSS Scholarship Update
Applicants for the CSSS scheme can apply for renewal, but fresh applicants from only these states can currently apply – ASSAM, BIHAR, ANDHRAPRADESH, UTTARAKHAND, CHATTISGARH, MANIPUR, KARNATAKA, TAMILNADU, GOA, J&K, MIZORAM, NAGALAND, TELANGANA, Maharashtra, CISCE, Himachal Pradesh, Puducherry, Punjab, Tripura Meghalaya, Kerala and Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, CBSE, Madhyapradesh and West Bengal. Other state applicants, please wait for some time
CSSS Scholarship Reservation Policy
The following percentage of seats are reserved in CSS Scholarship Scheme for the candidates belonging to different social categories:
|Category||Percentage of Reservation|
|Physically Handicapped/ PWD||5% (horizontally)|
CSSS Scholarship 2023 Highlights
|Name of the Scholarship||Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship|
|Short Name||CSSS 2023|
|Official Authority||Department of Higher Education, MHRD, Govt. of India|
|Purpose of the Scholarship||to provide financial assistance to the meritorious students, to meet a part of their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies.|
|Validity Period||Maximum up to 5 Years|
|Applicable for||College/ University Students|
About Department of Higher Education, MHRD
The Department of Higher Education is one of the bodies under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. This government-regulated body functions through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). National Scholarships Portal is a one-stop solution through which various services starting from student application, application receipt, processing, sanction, and disbursal of various scholarships to Students are enabled. National Scholarships Portal is taken as Mission Mode Project under National e-Governance Plan (NeGP).
FAQs on CSSS Scholarship 2023
Q1. Where can I apply for the Central Scheme of Scholarship (CSS) 2023?
Ans: Candidates can apply online for the CSSS Scholarship on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
Q2. Can I renew my CSS Scholarship?
Ans: Yes, candidates can renew their CSS Scholarship, provided they fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
Q3. I have completed my 12th class from the state board. Can I apply for the Central Scheme of Scholarship?
Ans: Yes, candidates who have passed in class 12, irrespective of their boards, can apply for the CSS Scholarship.
csss scholarship eligible foe B.SC.,B.ed. integrated course in gandhigrama rural unversity(GRI) at chinnalapatti, Dindigul dt.