FTII SRFTI JET 2021 entrance exam admission will be offered in the Film & Television Institute of India (FTII) and Satyajit Ray Film & Television Institute (SRFTI). It is a national level examination that is organised once a year. The exam is conducted for admission in the Post Graduate Diploma & some Post Graduate certificate course. Here we are providing details such as exam dates, application form, its fee, and much more regarding FTII JET 2021.
FTII SRFTI JET 2021 Important Dates
Film & Television Institute of India, Pune & Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute (SRFTI) has released the application form of Joint Entrance Test (JET). Also, important dates have been announced. Aspiring candidates can check all the important dates hereby in the table below.
|Application form release||May 2021|
|Submission of application form||3rd week of May 2021|
|Admit card availability||4th week of May 2021|
|JET 2021 Exam date||1st week of June 2021|
|Result declaration||4th week of June 2021|
|Interview||1st week of July 2021|
|Admission begins||2nd week of July 2021|
FTII SRFTI JET 2021 Application Form
FTII & SRFTI JET 2021 Application form will be released for the candidates willing to pursue a career in the film industry. Every year, the JET 2021 Exam is organised by Film & Television Institute of India, Pune & Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute (SRFTI) jointly.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about FTII SRFTI JET 2021: Application Form, Eligibility Criteria - Admissions
How to apply for JET 2021?
Steps for applying FTII & SRFTI JET 2021 Application form is mentioned below:
- Steps -1: Log On to the official website of the Joint Entrance Test 2021 i.e, https://applyadmission.net/jet2020/
- Steps -2: Click on the New Log In located on the very right side of the webpage, as shown in the image below.
- Step -3: Submit all the essential details required for the Basic Registration Process. Check the Sample Image below for reference.
- Step -4: Hit Submit button after submission of all the essential details.
- Step -5: Post submission of basic detail, an aspirant will receive User ID & Password. Log In using the credentials received on the registered mobile number.
- Step -6: Submit educational qualification & other details. And choose the desired course for which you are applying.
- Step -7: Upload the required Documents & Photographs (in prescribed format).
- Step -8: Last but not least, pay the Registration fees.
- Step -9: Post submission of JET 2021 Application fee, a pdf will appear on the screen. Save & Print it for future reference.
Click here to download the Guidelines for filling the IIFT JET Application Form.
Documents Required for JET 2021 Registration
List of required documents needed to be uploaded along their prescribed format is mentioned in the table below:
|Photograph||.jpg/.jpeg||140 pixels*170 pixels||20 Kb – 50 Kb|
|Signature||.jpg/.jpeg||140 pixels*170 pixels||20 Kb – 100 Kb|
|Category Certificate||.jpg/.jpeg||800 pixels*1100 pixels||50 Kb – 200 Kb|
|Challan Image||—||1100 pixels*80 pixels||—|
Joint Entrance Test 2021 Application Fee
The application fee of Joint Entrance Test 2021 for the candidates belonging to different categories are as follows:
|S. No.||Courses||Application Fee (in Rs.)
|For General/OBC||For SC/ST/PWD|
|01||Anyone course i.e, under group A/B/C||Rs. 4000/-||Rs. 1250/-|
|02||For two courses (one subject from each
group) A & B or B & C or C & A
|Rs. 8000/- (Rs. 4000/- + Rs. 4000/-)||Rs. 2500/- (Rs.1250/- + Rs. 1250/-)|
|03||Three courses (one subject from each
group) A, B & C
(Rs. 4000/- + Rs. 4000/- + Rs. 2000/-)
(Rs. 1250/- + Rs. 1250/- + Rs. 625/-)
FTII SRFTI JET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
JET 2020 Minimum Educational Qualification for Courses under the Film Wing Group
|Courses||Minimum Educational Qualification|
|Sound Recording & Sound Design||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline Plus Physics as a subject at senior secondary (10+2) level.|
|Art Direction & Production Design||Bachelor’s degree in applied arts, architecture, painting, sculpture, interior design or related fields in fine arts or equivalent diploma from a recognized institute in any of the above.|
|JET 2020 Minimum Educational Qualification for Courses under the TV Wing Group|
|Name of the Specialisation||Minimum Educational Qualification|
|Sound Recording & Television Engineering/ Sound for Electronic and Digital Media||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with Physics as a subject at senior secondary (10+2) level.|
FTII SRFTI JET 2021 Question Pattern
Below we have provided the details of FTII SRFTI JET 2021 Question Pattern:
- Exam mode: through offline mode.
- Questions Type: The Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) & descriptive type questions will be asked in the examination.
- Exam Duration: Candidates will get 03 hours (180 minutes) to attempt all the questions
- No. of questions: There will be 30 MCQ’s & 70 descriptive type questions.
- Maximum marks: Total of 100 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will consist of 1 mark.
Candidates must check the following table for the marking scheme for each course:
Film wing course:
|General Awareness (National/ International), Indian History, Culture, etc.||15|
|General Aptitude Course||Total-30|
|Long descriptive questions||20|
|Specific Area Aptitude Test||Total- 70|
Television Wing Course:
|General Awareness (National/ International), Art, Culture, folk art, etc.||15|
|Questions related to TV, Electronic Media, and digital media||15|
|General Aptitude Course||Total-30|
|Long descriptive questions||20|
|Special Area Aptitude Test||50|
FTII SRFTI JET 2021 Syllabus
FTII JET Syllabus will have no specific syllabus. There will be different topics for each wing.
In Film wing, the question paper will consist of two sections as Section A(there will be questions from General Aptitude Test. It will be related to Architecture, Art, etc. related to cinemas. In section B(specific Area Aptitude Test). There will be long descriptive questions, & short notes type questions.
In the Television wing, the question paper will consist of 3 sections as Section A, Section B, and Section C. General Aptitude Test will come under section A. The question paper will consist of general awareness & television, digital media & electronics.
Section B will comprise of long descriptive questions & section C will comprise of Special Area Aptitude Test.
Joint Entrance Test 2021 Admit Card
The detailed information regarding FTII JET Admit card is given below.
- FTII will release the admit card soon after the successful submission of the application form.
- Both institutes, FTII and SRFTI may verify the eligibility of applicants at various stages of the admission process.
- Any dispute concerning JET 2020 would be subject to the jurisdiction of the competent courts within the territorial jurisdiction of the city of Pune only.
- The admit cards are supposed to be downloaded and bought on the day of the common test, without that a candidate will not be allowed to give the examination.
JET 2021 SCORE
The JET 2021 scorecard will be available on the JET official website given above. JET 2021 score is valid only until December 2021. Thereafter, no queries(online/offline) related to the issuance of JET 2021 scorecards will be entertained.
The Result of the Written Test will be declared by Film and Television Institute of India, Pune. Furthermore, candidates can check the results by Entering any one field (Application No. or Date of Birth)along with Roll Number.
- Candidates who want to study the Post Graduate Programme in Cinema will go through an interactive orientation course
- Post Graduate Programme in Television will have to appear for an interview.
- Candidates will be called in the ratio of 1:4 (for general category) and the ratio of 1:5 ratio (for reserved category).
- Other than that their position in the merit list will also matter. The whole admission process may be held in consecutive three days including an interactive orientation course.
Preset Bars by the Institution:
- Written Test: carries a weight of 25%.
- Interactive Orientation Course: carries the weight of 50%.
- Interview: carries the weight of 25%.
Medical Test: The shortlisted candidates undergo the Medical test as per the selection criteria of both institutes. Furthermore, for more details on Medical Officer(s) and Medical examination visit the institute’s websites.
Seat Reservation in Joint Entrance Test 2021 for the candidates belonging to various categories are as follow:
|Category||Seat Reservation (in %)|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL)||27%|
|Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwD)||5%|
Courses Offered at FTII & SRFTI
Courses offered in FTII & SRFTI through Joint Entrance Test 2021 are mentioned in the table below:
|3 – Year Post Graduate Diploma Courses|
|Paper No.||Course||Course Duration||Institute|
|1||Direction and Screenplay writing||3 years||FTII*, SRFTI|
|2||Cinematography||3 years||FTII*, SRFTI|
|3||Editing||3 years||FTII*, SRFTI|
|4||Sound Recording & Sound Design||3 years||FTII*, SRFTI|
|5||Art Direction & Production Design||3 years||FTII*|
|6||Producing for Film & Television||3 years||SRFTI|
|7||Animation Cinema||3 years||SRFTI|
|2 – Year Post Graduate Diploma Courses|
|1 – Year Post Graduate Certificate Course|
|9||Feature Film Screenplay Writing||1 year||FTII|
FTII SRFTI JET 2021 Highlights
|Exam Name||FTII SRFTI JET 2021|
|Conducting Body||Film & Television Institute of India (FTII) and Satyajit Ray Film & Television Institute (SRFTI)|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Level of exam||National Level|
Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute
Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute is named after the legendary film maestro Satyajit Ray, the Institute has become a national centre of excellence offering a post-graduate program in Cinematic studies and Television.
Courses offered: 3-year (full time), Postgraduate Programme in Cinema and 2-year (full time), Postgraduate Programme in Television.
|Details||Fees at the time of admission||2nd semester onwards|
|Course fee||Rs. 81,750/-||Rs. 32,750/-|
|Other charges||Rs. 23,000/-||Rs. 16,000/-|
ftii jet 2020 syllabus, ftii entrance exam 2020 date, ftii jet 2018 question paper, applyadmission.net/jet 2020, ftii jet 2020 application form, ftii admission 2020