ICAR ASRB NET 2021 is conducted by Indian Council of Agricultural Research National Eligibility Test. The exam is scheduled to be held from 21 to 27 June 2021 in Online computer-based mode at 32 Centres across India in a staggered slot-wise examination format. It is conducted every year to determine the eligibility of candidates for Lecturer / Assistant Professor jobs in the Agricultural field. Candidates with a valid Masters degree are eligible for ASRB NET. The applicant may check the whole article for complete details regarding the ASRB NET 2021 i.e. syllabus, eligibility, application form, exam pattern, syllabus etc.
ICAR ASRB NET 2021 Status
|Application Window||Closed now|
The Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board (ASRB) will hold a combined examination for NET-2021, ARS-2021 (Preliminary) and Senior Technical Officer (STO) (T6) Examination during 21 to 27 June 2021 in Online computer-based mode.
ICAR ASRB NET 2021 Important Dates
ASRB ICAR NET is an online examination, in 57 agricultural-related subjects. It is the Master’s level examination. Before starting to look at any aspect of the examination, the aspirant can check all the important dates. Any changes in the dates will be updated in the table below.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about ICAR ASRB NET 2021(21 - 27 Jun): Exam Pattern, Syllabus - Admissions
|ASRB NET 2021 Events||Important Dates
|Notification Declaration||30 March 2021|
|Application form Commencement Date||05 April 2021|
|Closing Date of Application form||10 May 2012|
|Admit Card will be released on||June 2021|
|ICAR ASRB NET 2021 Exam Date||21 to 27 June 2021|
|Result Declaration Date||To be notified later|
|Issuance of the eligibility certificate||To be notified later|
ICAR ASRB NET 2021 Exam Pattern
The plan of the ICAR ASRB NET 2021 exam is mentioned below. The examination will be held in the online mode. And the candidates who will enrol their names for the exam, have to appear in the exam.
|1.||Mode of ICAR ASRB NET 2021||Online computer-based|
|2.||Nature of the exam||Objective type|
|4.||Number of questions||150|
|5.||Duration of exam||02 hours|
|6.||Marking Scheme||One mark will be awarded for every correct answer|
|7.||Negative Marking||0.33 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.|
|8.||The language of the exam||Bilingual i.e. English and Hindi|
Revised Code number for Disciplines of NET exam
|Code number||Name of the Discipline||Code number||Name of the Discipline|
|1||Agricultural Biotechnology||31||Veterinary Pharmacology|
|2||Agricultural Entomology||32||Veterinary Public Health|
|3||Agricultural Microbiology||33||Veterinary Surgery|
|4||Economic Botany & Plant Genetic Resources||34||Aquaculture|
|5||Genetics & Plant Breeding||35||Fisheries Resource Management|
|6||Nematology||36||Fish Processing Technology|
|7||Plant Biochemistry||37||Fish Nutrition|
|8||Plant Pathology||38||Fish Health|
|9||Plant Physiology||39||Fish Genetics & Breeding|
|10||Seed Science & Technology||40||Agricultural Chemicals|
|11||Floriculture & Landscaping||41||Agricultural Meteorology|
|13||Spices, Plantation & Medicinal & Aromatic Plants||43||Agronomy|
|14||Vegetable Science||44||Environmental Science|
|15||Animal Biochemistry||45||Soil Sciences|
|16||Animal Biotechnology||46||Agricultural Business Management|
|17||Animal Genetics & Breeding||47||Agricultural Economics|
|18||Animal Nutrition||48||Agricultural Extension|
|19||Animal Physiology||49||Agricultural Statistics|
|20||Animal Reproduction & Gynaecology||50||Home Science|
|21||Dairy Chemistry||51||Farm Machinery & Power|
|22||Dairy Microbiology||52||Computer Applications & IT|
|23||Dairy Technology||53||Land & Water Management Engineering|
|24||Livestock Product Technology||54||Bioinformatics|
|25||Livestock Production Management||55||Food Technology|
|26||Poultry Science||56||Agricultural Structure and Process Engineering|
|27||Veterinary Medicine||57||Veterinary Anatomy
(only for NET)
ICAR ASRB NET 2021 Admit Card
ASRB NET Hall Ticket 2021: Officially, the admit card is known as Admission Certificate. The Hall Ticket of ICAR ASRB NET 2021 will be released online on the official website of ASRB i.e. asrb.org.in. The admit card will be released 10 – 15 days before the examination. To download it, Roll Number and Date of Birth is needed.
- The admit card is an important document to bring into the exam hall. But, with it, the candidates are also expected to carry one Photo ID proof and two photographs as well.
- A valid Photo ID document can be: Voter Card/ Aadhar Card/ Passport/ Driver’s License/ PAN Card
- The candidates must check that there is no error in the information on the admit card of ASRB NET 2021. If due to any reason, the Student has been issued multiple admit card then they should only consider one and inform about the dual issuance to ASRB.
ICAR ASRB NET 2021 Result
The result of ASRB NET 2021 will be declared online and the candidates will be able to check it by entering the Roll Number and Date of Birth. The score and the qualifying status will be given in the result. The candidates are suggested to download and save it.
ICAR ASRB NET cut off 2021
The Minimum Marks required for qualifying ICAR NET II – 2021 is published along with Information Brochure. The ASRB will select students based on cut-off in the examination. The minimum qualifying marks in the exam mentioned follow category-wise:
|Category||Minimum Qualifying marks|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||67.5 (45%)|
Download Notification(Information Brochure) – ICAR National Eligibility Test (NET-II) 2020 Here.
ICAR ASRB NET 2021 Eligibility Certificate
ASRB NET Certificate Issue: Authority will issue qualifying certificate to selected students. The issuance will be completed within 3 months from the result declaration. The details in the certificate will be as filled in the application form. It will be sent via post to the given address of the candidate. If any successful candidate does not receive their certificate they should contact ASRB immediately.
How to get ASRB NET certificate?
The ICAR will issue the asasrb net certificate to the successful candidates of examination. Whereas successful candidates can also apply for the certificate and get it delivered.
ICAR ASRB NET 2021 Exam Statistics
|Particulars||2017 (Year)||2016 (Year)|
|Number of Candidates Registered||42937||21740|
|Number of Candidates Appeared||31127||16011|
|Total Number of Candidates Passed||6987||2563|
The percentage of successful female students was 45%. The maximum number of applicants that appeared for crop science subject was 12832. But, the highest percentage of qualified candidates was in Animal Genetics & Breeding (79%).
ICAR NET II Centers List 2021 Examination
ICAR ASRB NET 2021 Application Form
The details regarding the ASRB NET Application form are given below:
- Applicants will able to register through ICAR ASRB NET 2021 Online link.
- The ASRB net form 2020 is available at asrb.org.in.
- The applicants will have to register and then fill all required details in the form.
- The candidates also have to upload a photograph/image in the application form.
- Moreover, candidates may keep a copy of the filled application form for further use.
ICAR ASRB 2021 Application Fee
The applicant may check the application fee for ICAR ASRB NET 2020 from below:
|1.||Unreserved (UR)||Rs. 1000|
|2.||Other Backward Class (OBC)||Rs. 500|
|3.||Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Divyang / Female||Rs. 250|
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the application fee via Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card.
How to apply for Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board National Eligibility Test 2021?
Applicants can follow these steps for ICAR ASRB NET 2021 Registration:
- Step 1- Firstly, Candidate visit the official website of authority – asrb.org.in
- Step 2 – Then, Read all the important instructions carefully.
- Step 3 – Applicant register himself on asrb.org.in.
- Step 4 – The candidate has to fill all the required details in the ICAR NET online application Form.
- Step 5 – After submitting the application form, the student will get the registration number and password.
- Step 6 – After that, submit application fee before the last date.
- Step 7 – Take a printout of registration number and password screen for the future purpose of your application form status and Reprinting of your online filled application form and e-challan form.
ICAR ASRB NET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants required to fulfil the eligibility criteria of ICAR ASRB NET 2021 mandatorily. If the aspirants will not be able to satisfy even a single criterion, He/she will not be considered as qualified. Applicants can check eligibility criteria from below:
|Citizenship||· A citizen of India, or
· A citizen of Nepal, or
· A citizen of Bhutan, or
· A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
· A person of Indian origin has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries to permanently settle in India.
|Age Limit||The candidate should be more than 21 years old, as on 01 July 2020. There is no upper age limit|
|Number of Attempts||There is no restriction on the number of attempts.|
|Education Qualification||The applicant should hold a Master’s degree in the respective required subject. But, the Master’s program has to be done in specified specialization.|
The subjects of ICAR ASRB NET 2021 and required Specialization for it are mentioned below:
|01||Agricultural Biotechnology||Agriculture/ Biotechnology/ Molecular Biology & Bio-Technology/ Genetic Engineering/ Botany/ Plant Sciences/ Life Sciences/ Plant Physiology
· with specialization in Plant Biotechnology.
|02||Agriculture Entomology||Agriculture/ Entomology/ Zoology/ Sericulture/ Apiculture/ Plant Protection
· with specialization in Agricultural Entomology.
|03||Agriculture Microbiology||Agricultural Microbiology / Microbiology/ Plant Physiology|
|04||Economics Botany and Plant Genetic Resources||Agriculture/ Botany/ Horticulture/ Plant Physiology
· with specialization in Agricultural Botany/ Economic Botany/ Plant Genetic Resources.
|05||Genetics and Plant Breeding||Agriculture/ Agricultural Botany/ Plant Breeding or Genetics or Genetics and Plant Breeding/ Plant Physiology/ Plant Genetic Resources|
|06||Nematology||Agriculture/ Nematology/ Entomology/ Plant Pathology/ Zoology/ Plant Protection
· with specialization in Nematology
|07||Plant Biochemistry||Plant Biochemistry/ Agricultural Biochemistry/ Biochemistry
· with specialization in plants.
|08||Plant Pathology||Agriculture/ Botany/ Life Sciences/ Plant Protection
· with specialization in Plant Pathology/ Mycology.
|09||Plant Physiology||Agriculture/ Plant Physiology/ Botany with specialization in Plant Physiology.|
|10||Seed Science and Technology||Agriculture/ Seed Science/ Seed Technology or Seed Science and Technology/ Plant Physiology.|
|11||Floriculture and Landscaping||Floriculture/ Agriculture or Horticulture/ Plant Genetic Resources
· with specialization in Floriculture and Landscaping/ Post Harvest Technology (Horticulture).
|12||Fruit Science||Pomology/ Agriculture or Horticulture/ Plant Genetic Resources
· with specialization in Fruit Sciences/ Post Harvest Technology (Horticulture).
|13||Spices, Plantation and Medicinal and Aromatic Plants||Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Botany /Plant Genetic Resources
· with specialization in Spices/ Plantation Crops and/ or in Medicinal and Aromatic Plants/Post-Harvest Technology (Horticulture).
|14||Vegetable Science||Olericulture/ Vegetable Sciences/ Agriculture or Horticulture/Plant Genetic Resources
· with specialization in Vegetable Sciences/ Post Harvest Technology (Horticulture).
|15||Animal Biochemistry||Veterinary/ Animal Sciences/ Dairy/ Fisheries Science
· with specialization in Biochemistry.
|16||Animal Biotechnology||Veterinary/ Animal/ Fisheries Science
· with specialization in Biotechnology.
|17||Animal Genetics and Breeding||Veterinary/Animal Sciences
· with specialization in Animal Genetics and Breeding.
|18||Animal Nutrition||Veterinary/ Animal Sciences
· with specialization in Animal Nutrition.
|19||Animal Physiology||Veterinary/ Animal Sciences
·with specialization in Animal Physiology.
|20||Animal Reproduction and Gynaecology||Veterinary/ Animal Sciences
· with specialization in Animal Reproduction and Gynaecology.
|21||Dairy Chemistry||Dairy Chemistry/ Veterinary/ Animal Sciences
· with specialization in Dairy Chemistry.
|22||Dairy Microbiology||Dairy Microbiology/ Veterinary/ Animal Sciences
· with specialization in Dairy Microbiology.
|23||Dairy Technology||Dairy Technology or Dairy Science/ Animal Products Technology/Food Technology
· with specialization in Dairy Technology.
|24||Livestock Product Technology||Veterinary/Animal Sciences
· with specialization in Livestock Products Technology.
|25||Livestock Production Management||Veterinary/ Animal Sciences
· with specialization in Livestock Production Management/ Animal Husbandry.
|26||Poultry Science||Poultry Sciences/ Veterinary/ Animal Sciences
· with specialization in Poultry Sciences.
|27||Veterinary Medicine||Veterinary Medicine/ Veterinary Preventive Medicine/ Veterinary Clinical Medicine.|
|28||Veterinary Microbiology||Veterinary Sciences
· with specialization in Microbiology/ Bacteriology/ Virology/ Mycology/ Immunology.
|29||Veterinary Parasitology||Veterinary Parasitology.|
|30||Veterinary Pathology||Veterinary Pathology.|
|31||Veterinary Pharmacology||Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology/ Veterinary Pharmacology.|
|32||Veterinary Public Health||Veterinary Public Health/ Epidemiology.|
|33||Veterinary Surgery||Veterinary Surgery/ Veterinary Anatomy.|
|34||Aquaculture||Aquaculture/ Fishery Sciences/ Marine Biology/ Aquatic Biology
· with specialization in Mariculture/ Aquatic Environmental Management/ Aquatic Ecology/ Inland Aquaculture
|35||Fisheries Resources Management||Fishery Sciences/Fisheries Resource Management/ Marine Biology/Aquatic Environmental Management/ Aquatic Biology/Industrial Fisheries
· with specialization in Fisheries Resource Management/ Fish Population Dynamics/ Fishery Hydrography/ Ecosystem Management/ Aquatic Ecology.
|36||Fish Processing Technology||Fishery Sciences/ Fish Processing Technology/Post Harvest Technology/ Industrial Fisheries
· with specialization in Fish Harvest and Processing.
|37||Fish Nutrition||Fishery Sciences
· with specialization in Fish Nutrition and Fish Physiology/ Feed Technology/ Fish Nutrition and Biochemistry.
|38||Fish Health||Fishery Science/ Marine Biology
· with specialization in Fish Health/ Fish Pathology and Microbiology.
|39||Fish Genetics and Breeding||Fishery Science/ Marine Biology
· with specialization in Fish Genetics and Breeding/ Fish Biotechnology.
|40||Agriculture Chemicals||Agriculture/ Agricultural Chemicals/ Organic Chemistry
· with specialization in Agricultural Chemicals.
|41||Agriculture Meteorology||Agricultural Meteorology/ Agricultural Physics
· with specialization in Agricultural Meteorology.
|42||Agroforestry||Forestry/ Agroforestry/ Botany/ Agronomy/ Horticulture
· with specialization in Agroforestry
· with specialization in Agronomy/Soil Water Management/ Conservation Agriculture/ Farming Systems Management/ Forage Production/ Water Science and Technology.
|44||Environmental Science||Environmental Science/Agroforestry/ Agriculture Physics/ Agriculture
· with specialization in Environmental Science.
|45||Soil Science||Agriculture/ Soil Sciences/ Agricultural Chemistry/ Agricultural Physics
· with specialization in Soil Physics and Soil and Water Conservation/ Soil Fertility/Soil Microbiology/ Soil Chemistry/ Water Science and Technology.
|46||Agricultural Business Management||Agricultural Business Management/ Agricultural Marketing/ Business Management
· with specialization in Agricultural Business/ Fisheries Business Management.
|47||Agricultural Economics||Agricultural Economics/ Dairy Economics/ Veterinary Economics/ Fisheries Economics / Economics
· with specialization in Agriculture.
|48||Agricultural Extension||Agricultural Extension/ Veterinary Extension/ Dairy Extension/ Fisheries Extension/ Home Science Extension/ Agriculture Communication in Agricultural Sciences/ Rural Development/ Rural Management.|
|49||Agricultural Statistics||Agricultural Statistics / Statistics/ Mathematics
· with specialization in Statistics
|50||Home Science||Home Science
· with specialization in Family Resource Management/ Textile and Clothing/Child Development/ Foods and Nutrition.
|51||Farm Machinery and Power||Agricultural Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering
· with specialization in Farm Machinery and Power.
|52||Computer Application and IT||Computer Application/ Information Technology/ Information Technology & Communication/ Computer Science.|
|53||Land and Water Management Engineering||Agricultural Engineering/ Civil Engineering
· with specialization in Soil and Water Conservation/ Irrigation and Drainage/ Water Resources/ Hydrology/ Aquatic Engineering/Water Science and Technology.
|54||Bioinformatics||Bioinformatics or in any basic science
·with a specialization in Bioinformatics.
|55||Food Technology||Food Science/ Food Technology/ Food Science and Technology/ Post Harvest Technology.|
|56||Agricultural Structure and Process Engineering||Agricultural Engineering
· with specialization in Agricultural Structures / Aquaculture Engineering/ Agricultural Process Engineering / Food Process Engineering / Dairy Engineering.
|57||Veterinary Anatomy||Veterinary Anatomy.|
ICAR NET Subject Wise Eligibility Qualification Lists
ICAR ASRB NET 2021 Important Links
Download ICAR ASRB NET 2021 Brochure Pdf
ICAR ASRB NET 2021 Highlights
In the below table check the basic information about ICAR ASRB NET 2021:
|Name of Examination||ICAR ASRB NET 2021|
|ASRB NET Full Form||Indian Council of Agricultural Research National Eligibility Test|
|Exam Conducting Body||Agriculture Scientist Recruitment Board (ASRB)|
|Purpose of Exam||Determining eligibility for the position of lecturer/assistant professor in the state agricultural universities (SAUs) and other Agricultural Universities (AUs).|
|Application Mode||Online Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Official Website||www.asrb.org.in and www.icar.org.in|
The Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board (ASRB) was established on November 01, 1973 with the approval of Cabinet. The Board has been delinked from ICAR and attached with the Department of Agricultural Research & Education (DARE) under Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, Government of India. The Board is responsible for organizing recruitment to posts in the Agricultural Research Service (ARS) of the ICAR and to such other posts and services, advising the Council on disciplinary matters relating to personnel recruited through ASRB or appointed by the Council in consultation with the Board and more.
What is the ASRB NET Exam?
The ASRB NET examination is for lecturers and assistant professors in state agricultural universities (SAU’s) and other agricultural universities (AU). It is conducted for specific subjects. ICAR Agricultural Scientist Recruitment Board is responsible for conducting this online assessment. Agriculture Scientist Recruitment Board National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted for 55 different disciplines/subjects. Students with a masters degree or equivalent qualification in relevant subjects are eligible to apply for ASRB NET.
asrb net syllabus, icar net 2020 application form, icar net 2020 syllabus, asrb net 2020, ars net syllabus 2020 pdf, icar net 2020 exam date.