IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Admission Admit Card will be released on 01 April 2020. Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), New Delhi which was established in 1985. It invites for admission to the IGNOU B.Ed 2020 for January 2020 Session. On the basis marks IGNOU B.Ed 2020 exam, applicants will get admission in different colleges of this university. The maximum time duration of the course is a maximum of 5 years. The student can choose either English or Hindi medium IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Admission on his comfort. All the necessary information regarding IGNOU B.Ed 2020 e.g. Admit Card, Registration, Exam pattern, etc. are mentioned in this article.
The Eligible Candidates who are interested in enrolling in B.Ed program (Recognised by NCTE) must pass IGNOU B.Ed Admissions 2020 (Common Entrance Test) conducted every year by the University. Find updated details about IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2021 Here.
IGNOU B.Ed Admission Starts – इग्नू में आखिरकार बीएड ऐडमिशन प्रोसेस शुरू
Candidates can apply online for IGNOU’s B.Ed. It is accredited by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE). IGNOU’s BEd course is in demand every year, but this course is about 3 months late this time. The university has started the online admission process for the Bachelor of Education program.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Admission: Application Form, Eligibility - Admissions
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Important Dates:
The dates of this IGNOU B.Ed 2020 are mentioned below:
|Start Date of Application Form||31 January 2020|
|Last Date for Submission of Application Form||29 February 2020|
|Availability of Admit Card||01 April 2020|
|Entrance Examination||29 April 2020|
|Answer key||May 2020|
|Result Declaration||10 May 2020|
|Counselling||To be announced|
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Admit Card
The admit card for IGNOU B.Ed 2020 will be released on 01 April 2020. The candidates must bring a hard copy of admit card and affix a latest photograph, attested by a Gazetted Officer at the test centre. It is advised to the candidate that admit card must be kept safe for the time of admission.
The admit card contains the following information:
- Name of Candidate.
- Venue of Exam.
- Date & Time.
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Exam Centres
IGNOU B.Ed Exam centres for the test going to be held on 29 April 2020 is mentioned in the table below.
|State||Test City||State||Test City|
|Andaman and Nicobar||
|Jammu and Kashmir||
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Reservation Criteria
- SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/PWD applicants will get 5% relaxation and reservation in minimum eligibility as per the guidelines of the Central Govt.
- Kashmiri Migrants and war widow candidates will get a reservation as per the University Rules.
|Category||Reservation (in %)|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||27%|
|Kashmiri Migrant||1 Seat in the national merit|
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Exam Pattern
The paper pattern for IGNOU Bachelor of Education Examination Pattern is given below:
- The paper of IGNOU B.Ed Exam consists of two major parts- Part A and Part B.
- All the questions will be of multiple choice type. For every question, there have 4 alternatives.
- The total questions in both sections will be 100 and the total marks will be 100.
- The medium of the paper will be either English or Hindi.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- The total time duration of both papers will be 2 hours.
|Part||Topics||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Section I||General English Comprehension||10||10|
|Section II||Logical & Analytical Reasoning||20||20|
|Section III||Educational & General Awareness||25||25|
|Section IV||Teaching- Learning & the School||25||25|
|Part B: Subject Competence (Anyone)|
|Section V||Science/ Mathematics/ Social Studies/ English/ Hindi||20||20|
- Candidate can attempt any one subject from Part – B.
- Questions of part -B will be subjective and based on the curriculum of IX/X classes according to the CBSE and NCERT.
IGNOU B.Ed Exam Syllabus
The complete syllabus of the IGNOU B.Ed exam is given below:
- English Comprehension: This section covers questions related to tenses, verbs, sentences, etc.
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning: Algebra, series, word problems, etc.
- Educational and General Awareness: This section includes questions related to science, social science, and general knowledge.
- Teaching- Learning and the School: Knowledge of the learning process, classroom training, etc is covers in this section.
- Subject related Topics: It involves class 9th and 10th syllabus from CBSE and NCERT.
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Result
- The IGNOU B.Ed 2020 result will be released on 10 May 2020.
- The result is available on the official website.
- Candidates can download the result from the official website.
- It is also advised to take the printout of the result for further reference.
Result & Counselling
The result of IGNOU B.Ed will available on the official website of IGNOU by typing their enrolment number. Also, result cards of IGNOU Bachelor of Education 2020 indicating qualifying/ non-qualifying status in the entrance test would be dispatched to all the candidates who appear for the examination. If the result card is not received, the applicant can contact the regional director of IGNOU in his/ her region.
The qualified applicants will be invited for counselling where their original documents will be verified.
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Application Form
The candidate will get Admission on the basis of the score obtained in the entrance test conducted by IGNOU all over India. The candidate will be required to submit the application form with attested copy of documents. After receiving an offer letter of IGNOU B.Ed 2020 for admission, the candidate has to submit their original documents.
Copy of self-attested documents which have to submit with the application form are mention below:
- Original Hall Ticket
- Higher Secondary/ Sr. Secondary School Certificate with mark sheet.
- Degree and mark sheet of graduation/ post-graduation.
- Educational qualification
- Underemployment certificate
- Affidavit by Parent/Guardian
- Affidavit by applicant
- Duly filled the registration form for fee exemption of SC/ST students under SCSP and TSP.
- Caste certificate of belonging to OBC (Non-creamy layer ) categories.
- The forms which mentioned above have available in IGNOU B.Ed 2020 prospectus.
Once the form is submitted, no changes will be permitted. if you change your residential location, then you should inform the regional centre of the IGNOU for communication. A photocopy of the filled-in form must keep safe for future reference.
Registration/ Application Fee for IGNOU B.Ed 2020:
A registration fee of IGNOU Bachelor of Education 2020 is Rs. 1050/- will also be submitted with the application form. The fee of application form will be submitted by mode of demand draft at the city of concerned Regional Centre. Complete programme fees of IGNOU B.Ed is Rs 50,000.
IGNOU Official Website for Registration: http://www.ignou.ac.in
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria to apply for IGNOU B.Ed 2020 have mentioned below.
- The applicant with at least 50% marks in the Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Commerce/ Humanity are eligible.
- The applicant with a B.E. or B.Tech degree must have scored a minimum of 55% marks with specialization in Science and Mathematics.
- The candidates with a degree equivalent to i) and ii) can also apply for IGNOU B.Ed 2020 exam.
Applicants who are going to fill B.Ed Exam 2020 in open distance learning, must fulfil the following criteria:
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education.
- Applicants who have completed an NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode.
Address and Official Website Link
IGNOU Residential Campus Road,
Delhi – 110068
IGNOU official website: www.ignou.ac.in
The student will get admission on the basis of the score obtained in the entrance test. The candidates who qualify the exam will be permitted to get admissions after the verification of their documents, identity, and eligibility. For admission in IGNOU B. Ed programme, the qualified applicants will have to pay the program fee of Rs 50,000/- along with the original admit card signed by the invigilator at the time of examination. The program fee payment will be paid through a demand draft.
IGNOU B.Ed 2020: List of State & Codes
List of States and their Codes for IGNOU B.Ed 2020 needed to be used while filling the Application form are mentioned in the table hereby.
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands (UT)||02||Odisha||21|
|Chandigarh (UT)||06||Tamil Nadu||25|
|Haryana||10||Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu (UT)||29|
|Himachal Pradesh||11||Lakshadweep (UT)||30|
|Jammu & Kashmir||12||Pondicherry (UT)||31|
|Karnataka||13||C/O 99 APO||32|
IGNOU B.Ed Educational Qualification Code:
List of Educational Qualification with along with there respective code is enlisted in the table below.
|Below Matriculation, SSC/ No Formal Education||000||Post Graduation or Equivalent||006|
|Matriculation/ SSC||001||Doctoral or Equivalent||007|
|10+2 or Equivalent||002||BPP from IGNOU||008|
|Diploma in Engineering||003||Bachelor of Library Information Science||009|
|Graduation in Engineering||004||Master of Library & Information Science||010|
|Graduation or Equivalent||005|
IGNOU B.Ed: Board Code
List of Educational Board along with there respective code is enlisted in the table below.
|Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh||0101|
|Assam Higher Secondary Education Council||0401|
|Bihar Intermediate Education Council||0501|
|Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi||0701|
|Council for the Indian School (Certificate Exam), New Delhi||0702|
|National Institute of Open Schooling, Delhi||0703|
|Goa, Daman & Diu Board of Sec. & Higher Sec. Ed.||0801|
|Gujarat Secondary Education Board||0901|
|Haryana Board of School Education||1001|
|Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education||1101|
|J&K State Board of School Education (Summer)||1201|
|J&K State Board of School Education (Winter)||1202|
|Board of Pre-University Education, Karnataka||1301|
|University of Kerala||1401|
|Board of Secondary Education, MP||1501|
|Maharashtra State Board of Secondary Education & Higher Secondary Board||1601|
|Board of Secondary Education, Manipur||1701|
|Mizoram Board of Secondary Education||1901|
|Nagaland Board of Secondary Education||2001|
|Council of Higher Secondary Education, Orissa||2101|
|Punjab School Education Board||2201|
|Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education||2301|
|Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Exam., Tamil Nadu||2501|
|Tripura Board of Secondary Education||2601|
|Board of High School & Intermediate Education, U.P.||2701|
|West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education||2802|
|Jharkhand Academic Council, Ranchi||3601|
|A recognized three/ two-year Diploma/ Certificate after 10th Class||8888|
|Not listed in this list||9999|
|For 10+2 Vocational Stream|
|Mizoram Board of Secondary Education||1901|
Stay tuned for Indira Gandhi National Open University Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Program.