Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan is the conducting body of the Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021. There are 1248 Kendriya Vidyalayas across the nation that takes admission for the children from class I to XI. The process of admission differs as per the classes. KVS believes in nurturing the talent, value addition and creativity of its students for seeking excellence through high-quality educational endeavours. Thus those who are looking to get admission to KV School must fulfil the eligibility criteria in order to fill the application form. Read the article to get a detailed view of the Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021 Dates
|Release of admission guidelines for 2021-22||26 March 2021|
|Online KVS registration for class-1||1 April 2021|
|Last date for registration for class-1||19 April 2021|
|Release of class- 1 provisional selection list and admission||
|Declaration of a provisional select list of candidates as per category for unreserved seats, if any ( leftover reserved seats blocked).||02 July 2021 to 06 July 2021|
|Extended date for Second Notification for offline Registration for admissions to be made under RTE Provisions, SC/ST and OBC (NCL) if sufficient applications are not received in online mode.||
|Offline Registration for class-2 onwards (except class-XI)||8 April 2021|
|KVS Last date of registration class 2-8||16 April 2021|
|Declaration of list of class II onwards.||24 June 2021 at 4:00 PM (Thursday) (If not declared yet)|
|Admission for class Onwards||25 June .2021 to 30 June 2021|
|Last date of admission for all classes except class 11||31 August 2021|
|For KV students: Registration for admission in class Xl.||After the declaration of class X results|
|KV students: Display of admission list 8s admissions for Class-XI.||After the declaration of class X results.|
|Non-KV students: Registration, display of admission list & admissions in class XI (Subject to availability of vacancies)||After the admissions of KV students in class XI.|
|Last date of admission for class – XI.||30 days from the date of declaration of class-X results by CBSE|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021 Application Form
The candidates who are going to apply for the KVS must be updated with the procedure and dates.
- One can apply in an online/offline mode.
- One can collect the KVS admission form from the Principal’s Office of the concerned school free of cost.
- Fill the form with the correct information.
- Attested copies of the required documents need to be submitted along with the application form.
How to Apply for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021?
Follow the given steps to fill the form online:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021: Eligibility Criteria, Notification - Admissions
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the official website of Kendriya Vidyalaya
- Click on the “‘KVS Online Admission Portal Link”
- Click on the “Register” tab.
- Read the information carefully before moving ahead in the process
- Enter the details required such as name, mobile no., email id etc
- OTP will be sent to the registered mobile no. for verification.
- The registration is complete and candidates are advised to keep the login id safely for further use.
Step 2: Fill the Application Form
- Login into the account using information such as DOB of a child, mobile no. and captcha code.
- The application form will appear on the screen
- Enter the details required in the correct format.
- Fill in parents details, the choice of school (Preference up to 3 KVs)
Step 3: Upload The Scanned Documents
- Upload the documents in the prescribed format.
There is no application fee
- Candidates can apply for the KVS free of cost as there is no such application fee.
Required Documents For Class 1
- Birth certificate issued by the authority.
- Proof of the relationship of either of the child’s parents with the Hon’ble Member of Parliament or PSU employees would be needed.
- A proof of the relationship of either of the child’s parents with the KVS employee (serving or retired) would be required.
- Caste Certificate
- Residence Certificate
- Disability/handicapped certificate
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility criteria for admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya here as per the classes.
|Class||Minimum age on 31st March of the year in which admission is sought.||Maximum age on 31st March of the year in which admission is sought.|
|I||5 years||7 years|
|II||6 years||8 years|
|III||7 years||9 years|
|IV||8 years||10 years|
|V||9 years||11 years|
|VI||10 years||12 years|
|VII||11 years||13 years|
|VIII||12 years||14 years|
|IX||13 years||15 years|
|X||14 years||16 years|
- The maximum age limit is relaxed by two years in the case of PWD children.
- There is no age restriction for admission to Class XI provided one must have cleared the Class X examination.
- For class I: No academic requirement.
- For class II to VIII: Result of the previous class
- For class IX: Selection on the basis of the test
- For class XI: Check the requirement as per the streams. Students will be based on aggregate marks scored in class X exams as under:
(i) Science Stream: A minimum of 60% Marks in aggregate of all subjects.
(ii) Commerce: A minimum of 55% Marks in aggregate of all subjects.
(iii) Humanities Stream: All students of KVs if declared successful in class X exam
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021 Syllabus
Since the entrance exam takes place only for class 9. Check the syllabus here.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021 Exam Pattern
Check the exam pattern for the class 9 entrance exam.
- Objective type questions will be asked in the exam.
- There are a total of 100 marks questions..
- Each Question carries 1 Mark.
- Exam duration is 3 hours.
- Qualifying Marks for the entrance exam is 33% (25% for the reserved category)
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
KVS Admission 2021 Result/Selection List
The selection list of the candidates will be out as per the classes:
- From classes 1 to VIII: After the application is over the merit list out for the selection of the candidates for the KVS admission.
- For Class IX: Since the entrance exam takes place, after the declaration of the result the final selection is made.
- For Class XI: After the declaration of the class X result, the selection is made and the list is out as per the merit and category.
Admission Procedure in KVS As Per The Classes
Admission Procedure For Class I
- No Admission Test
- Admission takes place in two phases.
Phase 1- Out of the total seat intake, 25% shall be reserved for Right To Education (Hereafter referred to as ‘RTE’), 15% seats are reserved for SC students and 7.5% for ST students, 27% seats shall be reserved for “OBC- Non-Creamy Layer. In 2 phases Admissions to class 1are taken.
Phase 2- Priority Category System will be there to fill the rest of the seats.
Note– If the response to the applications is not sufficient then a second notification will be issued.
Admission Procedure For Class II to VIII
- No admission test for Classes II to VIII
- Admission granted on the basis of Priority Category system (1 to 5 or 6 as the case may be).
- A lottery system is there If the applications are more than the number of seats.
Admission Procedure For Class IX
- There will be an admission test and a merit list will be prepared for each category separately.
- Admission will be given as per the categories preference and merit list. The process of admission is:
- Tests will be conducted in the subjects: English, Maths, Hindi, Social Science and Science.
- Exam duration is 3 Hours.
- Total value of paper is 100 marks
- 33% marks in aggregate is required to qualify (25% in aggregate for SC/ST/Divyang category (PH) students)
Admission Procedure For Class XI
KV Students:: Admission in different streams will take place in KVs for KV students will be based on aggregate marks scored in class X exams.
- Non-KV Students; If seats remain vacant in class XI even after admitting the children of KV/neighbouring KVs then the admissions to non – KV children may be granted on the same criteria, in the sequence of categories of priority.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021 Overview
|Name of the Organization||Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS)|
|Affiliation Board||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Application Mode for the Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22 for Class 1||Online Mode|
|Application Mode for the Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22 for other Classes||Offline Mode|
|KVS Application Fee||Nil|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission FAQs
Ques 1: For which class one can apply for in KVS?
Ans: Classes I to IX and XI.
Ques 2: How to apply for KVS?
Ans: Online as well as offline mode.
Ques 3: Is there an entrance exam for the Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission?
Ans: Yes for Class IX
Ques 4: What is the reservation criteria for admission to class 1 in KVs?
Ans: – RTE- 25% (10 seats), OBC- 27% (11 seats), SC- 15% 6 seats), ST- 7.5% (3 seats), PWD- 3% (horizontal reservation)
Ques 5: What is the exam duration for the Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission?
Ans: 3 hrs
Ques 6: What is the application fee for the Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission?