Statistics is the study of a field which deals with the collection, organization, analysis, interpretation and display of the data. Statistical sciences courses are related to all the fields such as financial markets, sports, engineering, marketing, sales etc. It is easy to interpret large and complex data into simpler data and easily understandable with the help of statistics. Through statistical sciences, we can produce the statistical models of the problems or analysis for easily comparing the situations. It helps in easily finding the root of the problem, differences in the data and can even give us the hints of the solutions for the problems. It has been developed from the field of Probability in mathematics.
What is Statistical Science?
Statistical Science is divided into two categories – Descriptive Statistics and Inferential statistics. Descriptive statistics involves the study of a sample and figuring out the data i.e mean and standard deviations with all the statistical parameters of the sample. Whereas, Inferential Statistics study the founded parameters for mapping the progressions. In this way, statistical science works for finding the data and then evaluating the situations on the basis of that data. Interested Candidates may read the whole article for complete details regarding the Statistical Science courses.
Scope of Statistical Science Courses
Statistical science is growing with a high speed due to its wide range of benefits in different sectors. Statistical science is immensely beneficial in economic development as well as management of the situations. Candidates can find a great career in a variety of disciplines in this field such as in the field of agriculture, business, industry, computer science, health sciences, government, private scientifica and various other fields.
Courses and Duration
The detail regarding the Statistical courses and their duration are given below:
- Diploma Courses: The diploma courses of Statistical science are of 01 years duration.
- UG Courses: The UG statistics courses are of 03 years duration.
- PG Courses: The PG courses of statistics courses are of 02 years duration.
How to Pursue a Career in Statistics?
Following are the paths to pursue a career in statics:
|Paths||Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Path 1||Clear Class XII in Any Stream with Maths||Pursue B.A./B.Sc in Statistics/ B.Stats/ Applied Statistics for 3-4 years||Pursue M. A./ M.Sc in Statistics /MStats for 2 years||Pursue Ph.D for 3-5 years|
|Path 2||Clear Class XII in Science with Maths||Pursue Integrated Program in M.Sc. Statistics for 5 years||–||Pursue Ph.D for 3-5 years|
What is the Eligibility Criteria of Statistical Courses?
The details regarding the eligibility for the Statistical science courses are given below:
|Diploma Courses:||Class 10 or class 12 from a recognized board and must have passed their qualifying exam with science and mathematics.|
|UG Courses:||Candidates must have passed their class 12 from a recognized board or University and must have Mathematics or statistics as a compulsory subject in their class 12|
|PG Courses:||Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in statistics only from a recognized board or University and must have a minimum 60% aggregate marks in their qualifying degree.|
Statistical Science Courses
The courses that comes under the statistics are given below:
|Certificate and Diploma Courses:||
What is the Admission Procedure for Statistical Science Courses?
The details regarding the admission procedure are given below:
- Firstly, Candidates must be eligible to apply for the statistics courses.
- The universities will conduct the entrance exam for admission.
- Also, Indian Statistical Institute offers admission on the basis of an admission test named ISI Exam.
- Candidates will have to score the minimum passing marks to be eligible for the further procedure.
- Some universities or colleges will release the merit list on the basis of which candidates will be called for counselling or seat allotment process.
- Candidates may check the Statistical Science course details PDF for complete details regarding the Admission procedure.
Entrance Exams for Statistical Science Courses Admission
Entrance Examinations organized by the different universities for admission in the statistics courses are :
- AMU 2020 (Aligarh Muslim University)
- ISI 2020 (Indian Statistical Institute Entrance Exam)
- Delhi University 2020
- University of Pune Entrance Exam
- KIITEE (Kalinga Institute of Industrial technology entrance Examination)
Top Colleges Offering Statistical Science courses
The top colleges providing admissions in Statistics course are listed below:
- Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Banglore
- Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata
- Xavier’s college, Ahmedabad
- University of Delhi, New Delhi
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya,Indore
- Aligarh Muslim Univeristy, Aligarh
Skills Required for Statistics Courses
The skills that are required for the statistical science courses are given below:
- Candidates must have a strong foundation in Mathematics.
- Must be good in logical thinking and ability to catch the key facts
- Must be good in interaction and understanding problems.
- Strong background in Statistics and computing.
- Must have the ability to stay updated with literature and statistical softwares.
- Must be a good Problem Solver
Career & Jobs
Statistical Science Courses offer great careers in India as well as abroad. The jobs of statistical science are in great demand. Candidates can get jobs in various fields such as industry, agriculture, scientific, health sciences and other disciplines.
The top Job opportunities in the field of statistics are listed below:
- Business Analyst
- Risk Analyst
- Content Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
Check Popular Courses After 12th Here.