Chemical Engineering uses the principles of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology & Economics to efficiently use, produce, design, transport and transform energy and materials. The work of chemical engineers ranges from the utilization of nanotechnology and nanomaterials in the laboratory to large-scale industrial processes that convert chemicals, raw materials, living cells, microorganisms, and energy into useful forms and products. They are indulged in many aspects of plant design and operation, including safety and hazard assessments, process design & analysis, control engineering, modelling, nuclear engineering, chemical reaction engineering, biological engineering construction specification, and operating instructions. Courses to become chemical engineers are – B.Tech, M.Tech also certificate courses.
B.Tech in Chemical Engineering Eligibility & Admission Criteria
The candidates must fulfil the following requirements to pursue 4-years B.Tech in Chemical Engineering:
- A candidate must have passed 10+2 level or equivalent examination in Science stream with Chemistry & Mathematics as the main subject from a recognized board/university.
- The admission is provided based on the scores of JEE Mains or any other engineering entrance examination conducted by the university.
M.Tech in Chemical Engineering Eligibility & Admission Criteria
The candidates must fulfil the following requirements to pursue 2-years M.Tech in Chemical Engineering:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Chemical Engineering Course Details: Colleges & Job Opportunity - Admissions
- Should have passed B.Tech in Chemical Engineering with a minimum approximately 50% score.
- A valid GATE score is mostly accepted in all engineering colleges in India. It depends on the norms of the university.
Diploma in Chemical Engineering
The duration of this course is 2 years and to apply for this one should have passed 10th with PCM with a minimum of 45% marks. The admission is offered based on the scores of class X.
Top Colleges offering Chemical Engineering in India
List of Colleges and Universities offering Chemical Engineering are as follows:
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- BITS Pilani
- SRMIST(SRM Institute of Technology)
- Manipal Institute of Technology
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- MVJ College of Engineering
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT BHU, Varanasi
- Faculty of Engineering, MIT WPU
- Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science
- LPU(Lovely Professional University)
- Chandigarh University
- NIT Tiruchirappalli
There are other colleges offering chemical courses but above mentioned are the good one to apply for.
Job Opportunities for Chemical Engineers
These are the job opportunities for chemical engineers:
- Analytical chemist
- Energy manager
- Mining engineer
- Production manager
- Quality manager
- Environmental engineer
- Manufacturing engineer
- Materials engineer
- Project Manager
- Project Engineers
- Process Designer & Analyst
List of Companies for Chemical Engineers
Below is the list of companies where chemical engineers can apply and get their job:
- Reliance Industries Ltd.
- Essar Oil Limited.
- Deepak Fertilizers and Petrochemicals Corp. Ltd.
- Gujarat Gas Company Limited.
- Gujarat Alkalies & Chemicals Ltd.
- Reliance Petroleum Limited.
- Arofine Polymers Ltd.
- Colour-Chem Ltd.
- Hindustan Lever Limited
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
- Indian Oil Corporation
- Tecnimont ICB Ltd
- Bharat Petroleum
- Gujrat state fertilizers and chemicals.
See Popular Courses After 12th here.