Kerala KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Scheme (STAR) 2023-24 third selection/merit list has been released. Kerala State Council for Science, Technology & Environment (KSCSTE) conducts the Prathibha Scholarship 2021 Students with Talent and Aptitude for Research in Science. The Prathibha Scholarships are awarded to students of Kerala origin who have qualified meritoriously in the Higher Secondary Examination, for pursuing Undergraduate and Postgraduate degree courses in Basic/ Natural Science in Institutions/ Universities in India. The objective of the Kerala KSCSTE Scholarship program is to motivate aspiring students to higher studies and a career in Science. To get more details about Kerala Prathibha Scholarship registration, renewal, awards, etc, read the complete article.
Admission Open 2023
- Top University & Colleges Official Links, Application & Scholarship Forms.
Prathibha Scholarship Provisional Selection List 2020-21 Third Revision Published. Click Here to download the pdf.
Kerala Prathibha Scholarship 2021 Exam Status
The candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can check the exam status of the Kerala Prathibha Scholarship scheme. The details of the registration and exam status are given in the table below:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Kerala Prathibha Scholarship 2021: Third Merit List (Out), Prize, Renewal
|Kerala Prathibha Scholarship 2023-24 Rank List||released|
Kerala KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Scheme (STAR) 2021 Dates
The conducting body will announce the Kerala Prathibha Scholarship Dates on its website. However, candidates can also check the dates of various events of the KSCSTE Kerala Scholarship program from the table given below:
|Kerala KSCSTE application form Starts in||01 January 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form||30 June 2021|
|Rank List||October 2021|
Kerala KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Scheme (STAR) 2021 Selection Criteria
The candidates who have applied for the Kerala Prathibha STAR Scholarship must check the selection process. The preliminary scrutiny of applications and preparation of Provisional Rank List (Main list & Waiting list) based on the following guidelines:
- The ranking is made based on the aggregate marks secured in Higher Secondary Board Examination for all Science subjects.
- Eligible applicants are grouped under the three Broad Subject Groups viz., Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Life Sciences, based on the subject chosen as ‘Main’ for the Degree Course.
- Weightage is given on the basis of the following criteria
- 10% of the total seats are set apart for SC/ST students.
Tie-Breaking Rule for Kerala KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Scheme (STAR) 2021
The following tie-breaking rule is applied in case if the marks of two or more candidates are the same. Tie if any is resolved by prioritizing the marks obtained for science subjects in the following order:
|Mathematical Sciences Group||12th marks in the order of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Computer Science|
|Physical Sciences Group||12th marks in the order of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology/Computer Science|
|Life Sciences Group||12th marks in the order of Biology/Biotechnology/ Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry|
Kerala KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Scheme (STAR) 2021 Awards & Prizes
The following cash prizes/ awards are given to the meritorious candidates on the basis of their rank:
|U.G. Course/ First 3 years of Integrated P.G. Course||P.G. Course (subject to scoring minimum 75% marks for Undergraduate course)|
|1st Year – Rs. 12,000/-||1st Year/ 4th Year of Integrated P.G. Course – 40,000/-|
|2nd Year – Rs. 18,000/-||2nd Year/ 5th Year of Integrated P.G. Course – 60,000/-|
|3rd Year – Rs. 24,000/-|
Kerala KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Scheme (STAR) 2021 Renewal Process
Prathibha Scholars are selected during the 1st year of their U.G. course based on their merit in Science Subjects in the Higher Secondary Examination.
- Students who have availed Prathibha Scholarship during all three years of the U.G. course are only eligible to apply for the continuation of the scholarship for the P.G. course.
- Those who are availing Prathibha Scholarship should not accept or hold another scholarship for the same course of study
- Renewal of scholarship for IInd & IIIrd year of U.G. course & IInd year P.G. course is subject to scoring min 60% mark during the previous academic year.
- Renewal of the Prathibha scholarship for Ist year P.G. course is based on passing the U.G. course with a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate (In the case of integrated Courses the student should have a score minimum of 75% marks during the 1st three years).
- This is necessary that no break-in study should be taken by the applications during the entire 5 year period of availing the scholarship.
Prathibha Scholarship Renewal Amount
The following cash amount is given in case a candidate is applying for the renewal of the scholarship:
|Year||Amount (1 year)|
|1st year U.G.||₹ 12,000|
|2nd year U.G.||₹ 18,000|
|3rd year U.G.||₹ 24,000|
|1st year P.G.||₹ 40,000|
|2nd year P.G.||₹ 60,000|
Kerala KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Scheme (STAR) 2021 Application Form
Kerala Prathibha Scholarship Programme is aimed at motivating bright Students to higher studies in Science by awarding Scholarships. The selected candidates are also provided opportunities to attend Science Orientation Programmes. Students who fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements can fill the Prathibha Scholarship Application Form online. They must enter all the details like Name, educational details, contact information, school details, etc. in the online application form. After completing the application details, the applicants must pay the prescribed fee for the registration. Once the application process is over, the candidates must regularly visit the portal of the conducting authority to check the merit list of the Kerala Prathibha Scholarship scheme.
How to Apply for Kerala Prathibha Scholarship Program 2021?
- The application form for the Kerala KSCSTE Scholarship will be available online for submission.
- Students should apply through the Prathibha scholarship web portal, based on which KSCSTE will prepare the Provisional Rank List (PRL).
- On publication of PRL by KSCSTE, the selected students in the main PRL should upload
- relevant documents in the Prathibha scholarship web portal for confirmation of scholarship and final selection.
- The final Rank List will be prepared after the verification of documents.
Stage 1: Online Registration
- Applicants should Register Online before the stipulated date as per the notification issued by KSCSTE.
- Applicant should ensure the following before commencement of Online Registration.
- A valid mobile number and E-mail ID that is accessible to him/her during the entire stage of the selection process.
- A recent passport-size photograph image of dimension 150W ×200H pixels.
- Applicant should enter their Name, Date of Birth, E-mail ID, and HSE Roll Number to commence online registration.
- Applicants should enter the OTP received through mobile and should enter a password of a minimum of 6 characters to continue registration.
- An Application number will be generated on successful registration. This number and the chosen password will be mailed to the applicant, which should be used for future login.
Stage 2: After the publication of the Provisional Rank List
- Those who are selected in the Provisional Selection list and wish to avail Prathibha Scholarship should submit the relevant documents in original (hard copy)
- Only those who submit the above documents within the stipulated time (as published on the website) will be considered for the final ranking.
Relevant Documents Required for Prathibha Scholarship
The candidates must upload the relevant documents in order to avail the benefits of the Kerala Prathibha Scholarship. The list of documents required for the scholarship are given below:
- Duly signed “Data-sheet”
- Copy of HSE mark list (self-attested)
- “Terms and conditions” signed by the applicant in the specified format
- Proof on Kerala nativity
- Community Certificate ( for SC/ST students only)
Kerala KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Scheme (STAR) 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The following candidates are eligible to avail the benefits of the Kerala Prathibha Scholarship scheme:
- Applicant should be of Kerala origin.
- Applicant should have qualified Higher Secondary Examination from Kerala.
- Applicant must have scored a minimum of 90% marks [80% for SC/ST]or equivalent grade in Higher Secondary Examination (both in Overall and Science Subjects total)
- An applicant must have secured admission for a 3-year U.G/5-year Integrated P.G. programme in Basic Sciences in the current academic year.
- An Applicant should have secured admission in any one of the 23 subjects as mentioned in the proforma, either as Major/Honours or their combination anywhere in India.
Kerala KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Scheme (STAR) 2021 Highlights
|Name of the Scholarship||Prathibha Scholarship Program 2021|
|Conducting Authority||Kerala State Council for Science, Technology & Environment (KSCSTE)|
|Purpose of the Scholarship||to motivate aspiring students to higher studies and a career in Science.|
|Third Merit List||Click Here|
The Kerala State Council for Science, Technology, and Environment (KSCSTE) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of S&T, Kerala. The organization was constituted in November 2002 as an agency for change and development through science and technology. Formerly it was the Science, Technology, and Environment Committee (STEC), established in 1972 in concurrence with the Science Policy of the Government of India. KSCSTE offers the Prathibha Scholarship program for the candidates to develop an interest in higher studies in Science. The council promotes and activates programs for increasing the stock of knowledge in science and develops policies that are significant and for the sustained development of humanity. The council prepares the road map for development through scientific research and innovation in technologies.
FAQs on Prathibha Scholarship
Q1. Can I renew my Kerala Prathibha Scholarship 2021?
Ans: Yes, the candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can renew the Prathibha Scholarship program.
Q2. How can I check the Prathibha Scholarship Result 2021?
Ans: The merit list/ result of the Prathibha scholarship can be checked online. However, candidates can also check the merit list from the direct link given in this article.
Q3. I am not from Kerala state. Can I apply for Prathibha Scholarship 2021?
Ans: No, only the native students belonging to the state of Kerala are eligible to apply for the Prathibha Scholarship.