The National Council Of Education Research And Training is the publishing body of the class 12th English book. The book is designed in such a way that it is not only useful to the 12th board students but also for the competitive exams and Olympiads. As per the latest pattern & syllabus NCERT Class 12 English Books is updated.
NCERT Follows the guidelines of CBSE and accordingly the book is designed. NCERT English book is user- friendly that is why it is used widely by the CBSE schools across the nation. One can have the book in pdf format by downloading it through the official site of NCERT.
CBSE Class 12 Overview
|Exam Name||CBSE Class 12 Board Exam|
|Conducting Body||Central Board of Secondary Education.|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
NCERT English Books For The Class 12
Class 12th English books contain three parts. Download the pdf as per the individual chapters or can download the complete book. Check out the link here.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about NCERT Class 12 English Books : Download Kaleidoscope & Vistas PDF - Admissions
- NCERT Book For Class 12th English PDF (KALEIDOSCOPE)
- NCERT Book For Class 12th English PDF (Flamingo)
- NCERT Book For Class 12th English PDF (Vistas)
Content For 12th Grade English As Per NCERT Textbooks
Look into the books and the chapters covered under it.
Book Name- KALEIDOSCOPE
|SHORT STORIES – INTRODUCTION|
|Unit 1||I Sell my Dreams||GABRIEL GARCIA MARQUEZ|
|Unit 2||Eveline||JAMES JOYCE|
|Unit 3||A Wedding in Brownsville||ISAAC BASHEVIS SINGER|
|Unit 4||Tomorrow||JOSEPH CONRAD|
|Unit 5||One Centimetre||BI SHU-MIN|
|POETRY – INTRODUCTION|
|Unit 1||A Lecture Upon the Shadow||JOHN DONNE|
|Unit 2||Poems by Milton||JOHN MILTON|
|Unit 3||Poems by Blake||WILLIAM BLAKE|
|Unit 4||Kubla Khan||S.T.COLERIDGE|
|Unit 5||Trees||EMILY DICKINSON|
|Unit 6||The Wild Swans of Coole||W.B.YEATS|
|Unit 7||Time and Time Again||A.K.RAMANUJAN|
|Unit 8||Blood||KAMALA DAS|
|NON-FICTION – INTRODUCTION|
|Unit 2||The Mark on the Wall||VIRGINIA WOOLF|
|Unit 3||Film-making||INGMAR BERGMAN|
|Unit 4||Why the Novel Matters||D.H. LAWRENCE|
|Unit 5||The Argumentative Indian||AMARTYA SEN|
|Unit 6||On Science Fiction||ISAAC ASIMOV|
|DRAMA – INTRODUCTION|
|Unit 1||Chandalika||RABINDRANATH TAGORE|
|Unit 2||Broken Images||GIRISH KARNAD|
Book Name- Flamingo
|Unit 1||THE LAST LESSON||Alphonse Daudet|
|Unit 2||LOST SPRING||Anees Jung|
|Unit 3||DEEP WATER||William Douglas|
|Unit 4||THE RATTRAP||Selma Lagerlof|
|Unit 5||INDIGO||Louis Fischer|
|Unit 6||POETS AND PANCAKES||Asokamitran|
|Unit 7||THE INTERVIEW
An Interview with Umberto Eco
|Unit 8||GOING PLACES||A. R. Barton|
|Unit 1||MY MOTHER AT SIXTY-SIX||Kamala Das|
|Unit 2||AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CLASSROOM IN A SLUM||Stephen Spender|
|Unit 3||KEEPING QUIET||Pablo Neruda|
|Unit 4||A THING OF BEAUTY||John Keats|
|Unit 5||A ROADSIDE STAND||Robert Frost|
|Unit 6||AUNT JENNIFER’S TIGERS||Adrienne Rich|
Book Name- Vistas
|Unit 1||The Third Level||Jack Finney|
|Unit 2||The Tiger King||Kalki|
|Unit 3||Journey to the end of the Earth||Tishani Doshi|
|Unit 4||The Enemy||Pearl S. Buck|
|Unit 5||Should Wizard hit Mommy||John Updike|
|Unit 6||On the face of It||Susan Hill|
|Unit 7||Evans Tries an O-level||Colin Dexter|
|Unit 8||Memories of Childhood
• The Cutting of My Long Hair
• We Too are Human Beings
Download NCERT Class 12 English Textbook?
Class 12th English NCERT e-Books can be downloaded by following the given steps:
- Visit the NCERT official site i.e https://ncert.nic.in/
- Click on the “Publication” in the home page and from the drop down menu click on “PDF (I-XII)”
- Enter “Select Class”, “Select Subject”, “Select Book Title” and click on “Go”
- Download the complete book or chapters individually and then click on “Open” button for individual chapters OR
- Click on the “Download Complete Book”
- Download and print the chapters as per your convenience.
Benefits Of Reading NCERT English Textbook of Class 12th
The subject holds a lot of importance as it develops the overall personality of the students in terms of reading, writing, thinking, being creative etc. 12th grade students will have the following benefits of reading Class 12th English Book.
- Improve the vocabulary – While reading the books, students often come across new words. Understanding the meaning of the new words helps them to have better communication as these words can be used by them while reading and writing. Practicing new words makes them fluent and develops a natural ability to speak effortlessly in English.
- Helps to build the skills – English subjects help the candidates to build their skills in such a way that every thought and speaking comes in English. Learning English helps the candidates to frame the sentence in an easy and meaningful way. They don’t require much time to do the translation.
- English helps to improve memory – Reading English books stretches the memory muscles and helps the students to remember the facts, figures, details, themes, plot lines etc in an easy way.
- Improves writing skills – Once the students start learning new things in terms of stories, poems, drama, plays then they develop the thought about its storyline, plot etc. This helps them to understand the pace of the writer, writing skills, use of words etc. Practicing and carefully understanding the things helps them to create a masterpiece of writing.
Importance of NCERT English Textbook For 12th Grade
English is a subject that is widely used across the globe. English literature helps the students in many ways before jumping into the competitive world such as:
- Opens up the developing skills, creativity, and being the inspiration in today’s global environment.
- 12th Grade English is the form of expression through which students connects to the psyche of authors through their stories
- Studying literature makes sense through novels, poems, stories and plays. It enhances the reading, writing and analyzing skills.
- Cognitive development takes place as literature encourages deeper thoughts.
- English literature helps the students to understand their own cultural heritage as well as others. This is useful for social and personal development.
- Stories promote emotional and moral development. Thus the stories for 12th grade are introduced in such a way that it connects them emotionally and morally. Each story leaves an impact on the students as they relate the characters, plots etc of the story.
- Learning the poems diversifies the thinking ability of the students. They start realizing about the deeper meaning of the thoughts of the poets and somehow they connect themselves with it. Thus it can be said that it enhances creativity.
- Those who study literature develop self- expression and interpretation skills.
How English Is Beneficial To Get Jobs???
If one opts for an English subject as a career then they can enter into various fields such as:
- Magazine or newspaper editor
- Public Relation Professionals
- Social service