NCERT Class 12 History Books strictly follows the CBSE syllabus. In 12th grade, students come across Indian History. The subject holds a better understanding of the world in which we live. Students of the 12th class are made familiar with the cultural awareness and moral understanding of the world we live in. All the CBSE schools follow the NCERT books.
History transforms the lives of students by developing critical thinking, being informed citizens, in the field of research and academics. History is not also about the dates and times. 12th class students have to study History in two parts. NCERT History books of 12th class are not only beneficial to the board exam students but also to the competitive exams such as UPSC, CLAT, AILET.
Students can have the e-books from the official site of the NCERT. The students can download the topics as per the chapters or can download the whole book at once. One can score very good marks in history.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about NCERT Class 12 History Books : Download 12th Grade Textbooks PDF - Admissions
CBSE Class 12 Overview
|Exam Name||CBSE Class 12 Board Exam|
|Conducting Body||Central Board of Secondary Education.|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
NCERT History Books For The Class 12
Class 12th History books contain three parts. Download the pdf as per the individual chapters or can download the complete book. Check out the link here.
- NCERT Book For Class 12th History PDF (Themes In Indian History-I )
- NCERT Book For Class 12th History PDF (Themes In Indian History-II)
- NCERT Book For Class 12th History PDF (Themes In Indian History-III)
- NCERT Book For Class 12th History PDF (Bhartiya Itihas Ke Kuch Vishay-I )
- NCERT Book For Class 12th History PDF (Bhartiya Itihas Ke Kuch Vishay-II)
- NCERT Book For Class 12th History PDF (Bhartiya Itihas Ke Kuch Vishay-III)
Content For 12th Grade History As Per NCERT Textbooks
Look into the books and the chapters covered under them.
Book Name: Themes In Indian History – I, II, III (English)
|Theme 1||BRICKS, BEADS AND BONES The Harappan Civilisation|
|Theme 2||KINGS, FARMERS AND TOWNS Early States and Economies (c.600 BCE-600 CE)|
|Theme 3||KINSHIP, CASTE AND CLASS Early Societies (c. 600 BCE-600 CE)|
|Theme 4||THINKERS, BELIEFS AND BUILDINGS Cultural Developments (c. 600 BCE-600 CE)|
|Theme 5||THEME FIVE THROUGH THE EYES OF TRAVELLERS: Perceptions of Society (c. tenth to seventeenth centuries)|
|Theme 6||BHAKTI –SUFI TRADITIONS: Changes in Religious Beliefs and Devotional Texts (c. eighth to eighteenth centuries)|
|Theme 7||AN IMPERIAL CAPITAL: VIJAYANAGARA (c. fourteenth to sixteenth centuries)|
|Theme 8||PEASANTS, ZAMINDARS AND THE STATE: Agrarian Society and the Mughal Empire (c. sixteenth-seventeenth centuries)|
|Theme 9||KINGS AND CHRONICLES: The Mughal Courts (c. sixteenth-seventeenth centuries)|
|Theme 10||COLONIALISM AND THE COUNTRYSIDE: Exploring Official Archives|
|Theme 11||REBELS AND THE RAJ: 1857 Revolt and its Representations|
|Theme 12||COLONIAL CITIES: Urbanisation, Planning and Architecture|
|Theme 13||MAHATMA GANDHI AND THE NATIONALIST MOVEMENT: Civil Disobedience and Beyond|
|Theme 14||UNDERSTANDING PARTITION: Politics, Memories, Experiences|
|Theme 15||FRAMING THE CONSTITUTION: The Beginning of a New Era|
What Are The Themes In the NCERT 12th History Book?
The Grade 12th history book is divided into three parts.
- Themes In Indian History – I – This book talks about the early signs of civilization and explains the events related to the Indus valley civilization. Students learn about the tradition, production, scripts, seals and various other aspects. And then the early state of the economies. The book also includes early societies and cultural development. Students get to learn about the caste system and the sculptures and inscriptions.
- Themes In Indian History – II – Students get to know about the period of changes in religious beliefs and devotional texts. The administration of the Mauryas is the important chapter for the 12th board exam. One also gets familiar with the agrarian society and the Mughals.
- Themes In Indian History – III – The book talks about the colonial period, revolt, and beginning of a new era. The book shows how the political influence led to the 1857 Revolt and India’s struggle for freedom.
Download NCERT Class 12 History Textbook?
Class 12th History NCERT e-Books can be downloaded by following the given steps:
- Visit the NCERT official site i.e https://ncert.nic.in/
- Click on the “Publication” in the home page and from the drop down menu click on “PDF (I-XII)”
- Enter “Select Class”, “Select Subject”, “Select Book Title” and click on “Go”
- Download the complete book or chapters individually and then click on “Open” button for individual chapters OR
- Click on the “Download Complete Book”
- Download and print the chapters as per your convenience.
What NCERT History Books For Class 12th Most Preferred?
- The language of the book is simple and easy. It does not confuse the children while studying as the matter given is put in a straight and simple way.
- Each topic is discussed in a detailed manner such that students have a deep analysis of each topic that can be remembered for a long time.
- History books are represented with facts, figures and pictures which make them attractive to the students. Books explain to the students about the events in terms of points, tables, charts and so on.
- History books are prepared by experts such as renowned professors and teachers.
Importance of 12th Grade History Textbook
- History reflects our past as a society, ideologies, government, technological and cultural impact, changes over the years etc. With history, we paint a detailed picture of things in the world we are living in. When we come across the pillars of civilization we get the knowledge of all these aspects of life.
- History is full of inspiring and chaotic stories. Through history children learn about suffering and joyful times. History has provided the integrated key to shape our future.
- History teaches us the great lesson to learn from mistakes. The things which went wrong can be corrected within the space of time.
- When history learning goes in deep, it is like solving a mystery and completing the puzzle
- Students learning history learn the various facts about human history which is a kind of history.
- Students get familiar with the names of the great leaders in the world by studying history.
- It prepares humans for the future by reflecting on the past.
Benefits of Reading The 12th Class History Books
- Apart from the 12th grade board exam, history is equally important for the competitive exam such as CLAT, UPSC, PCS etc.
- History teaches values and morals.
- Learn a lesson from the past and build a great future.
What Kind Of Jobs Are There In The History Field?
Below is the list that reflects the field in which candidates can opt for history as their career.
- Museum Activist
- Editor or Writer
- Journalist etc