Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2022 will be offered by the University Grants Commission to promote higher education in the NER(North Eastern Region) to the Class 12th qualified students from any recognized board. For improving the GER(Gross Enrolment Ratio), promoting higher education and for encouraging children belonging to the economically weaker section of the NE region. The scheme mainly focuses on general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and para-medical courses. The candidates can read the whole article to know more about the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2022.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2022 Status
|Application Window||To open in January 2022|
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2021 application window is closed now.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2022 Important Dates
The tentative dates for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2022 are given below in the table:
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Online submission of Application form start date||To be Announced|
|Last date to Apply||To be Announced|
|Defective & Institute Verification||To be Announced|
|Releasing of merit list||To be Announced|
|Allocation of financial support||To be Announced|
Stay connected to the page to know other relevant dates.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2022 Application Form
The candidates should keep in mind the following important things while filling the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2022 Application Form:
- Applicants should register themselves online on the official portal only.
- Aspirants should enter accurately & authenticated information as printed on their documents.
- If the candidate is minor (below 18 years of age) then the registration form is required to be filled by parents/guardian of students.
- After submitting the application the login id and password will be sent to the registered number, candidates should not misplace it as it is to be used for further process.
- Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected.
- Only verified online applications will be considered for the scholarship award.
- At the time of applying, the course will be classified as a general degree or professional by
the concerned University/ Institution/College.
How to Apply for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2022?
Students can follow the below steps to fill the online application form for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2020:
- Step 1 – Visit the NSP (National Scholarship Portal) – https://scholarships.gov.in/
- Step 2 – Candidates need to read the given instructions carefully and click on Continue.
- Step 3 – On the next screen fill the details asked like State of domicile, name, date of birth, bank account details, Scholarship category, etc. then click on “Register” link
- Step 4 – For the first-time login, OTP (One Time Password) will be sent by NSP on the above-given mobile number. Please verify the mobile number by entering this OTP to complete the registration process.
- Step 5 – Complete the form and submit the details.
- Step 6 – Lastly, the applicants are advised to get the printout of the form for any further use.
The following documents will be needed to be uploaded at the time of applying under the scheme on the NSP:
- Domicile certificate issued by the competent authority
- Proof of annual income
- For renewals, the annual progress report and continuation of studies
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates can check hereby the minimum eligibility requirements for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2022:
- Students with the domicile of NER are eligible.
- The parental annual income should not more than Rs. 4.5 lakh per annum from all sources.
- The student should have qualified Class XII or equivalent in the preceding year of study.
- Secured admission in the first year of any degree course, either general/technical/professional/ medical/ paramedical course (Integrated courses included) in any of the following University/ College/ Institute:
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act and funded by Central/State govt.
- Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
- Institutes of National Importance.
- Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils.
- The admission of a candidate should have been made in University/ Institution/ College with AISHE code.
- Transgender candidates are also eligible to apply under the scheme.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2022 Ineligibility
The following students shall not be eligible under the scheme of UGC Ishan Uday:
- Pursuing courses/programs through Open Universities.
- Those who are already availing scholarship for pursuing the Undergraduate program under any other schemes (s).
- Who is gaining admission through “management quota‟
- Pursuing diploma courses not leading to the award of a Degree.
- Whose parents income exceeds Rs.4.5 lakh per annum using courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to the award of the degree.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2022 Selection Process
UGC will award 10,000 fresh scholarships every year for general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical & paramedical courses as certified by the Registrar/ Principal/ Director of University/ College/ Institute.
- Distribution of slots amongst the North Eastern Region states will be done based on the population census(last).
- If slots remain vacant in any of NER region due to the non-availability of eligible candidates,
the unfilled slots will be distributed equitably amongst other states.
- The reservation shall be followed as per Government of India norms for all communities including Persons with Disability (PwD).
- The list of awardees will be pushed to Public Financial Management System (PFMS) by
- After getting selected, the awardees will be paid scholarship on DBT mode.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2022 Amount
Those who will fulfil the eligibility criteria and submit the form successfully will get the following amount under the UGC Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022 Scheme:
- Rs.5400/- per month for a general degree course viz; B.A, B.Sc., B.Com, BMS, BBA etc.
- Rs.7800/- per month for technical/medical/professional/paramedical courses ( (including MBBS, BAMS,BDS, B.Arch, B.Tech etc.)
- The amount of scholarship will be determined after the verification process.
- The scholarship will not be renewed if the awardee fails in the annual or term end examinations of the course.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2022 Renewals
Scholarship granted under this scheme will be renewed during the period of first
degree course, subject to good conduct by a student in terms of academics & attendance.
- The scholarship will be renewed for the next year based on the annual progress report of a candidate to be granted by the administrative head of the University/ Institution/
College. (E.g. Registrar of a University/ Director of the Institution/ Principal of the
College or any other officer designated by them).
- Students who will fail to get promoted to the next class/ level would forfeit the scholarship.
- Applicants need to renew their Scholarship for the current session under Ishan Uday Scholarship login on NSP portal.
- If the awardee changes the course of study, the scholarship will be cancelled from the date of such change.
- The awardees will be given assistance through the designated Canara Bank branches.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2022 Highlights
In the below table candidates can check a few basic information of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2020:
|Name of Scholarship||Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2022|
|Offered by||UGC (University Grants Commission)|
|Purpose||To promote higher education in the NER(North Eastern Region) students who have passed the class 12th from any recognized board|