NCHMCT JEE 2020 New Exam date has been postponed again by the NTA. The exam was about to be conducted on 22 June 2020. The Application correction window has been closed on 22 May 2020. NCHMCT JEE 2020 is also known as the National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology Joint Entrance Examination 2020. Earlier this exam is conducted by NCHMCT but from 2020 this exam will be conducted by National Testing Agency(NTA). Joint Entrance Exam is conducted at the national level once in a year. This JEE test exam is conducted to offer admission to hospitality and hotel administration programmes in India. Interested candidates can go through the following article for the detailed information regarding the NCHMCT JEE Exam.
NTA will conduct the National Council for Hotel Management Joint Entrance Examination 2020 in CBT mode for admission to the B.Sc. Course in Hospitality and Hotel Administration(B.Sc. HHA) across the Country.
- 07 June 2020: NCHMCT JEE Exam has been postponed again by NTA.
- 25 May 2020: NCHM JEE New Exam Date has been released by the NTA.
- NCHMCT JEE Application correction window has been closed on 22 May 2020.
- NCHMCT JEE 2020 Application Form has been extended till 15 May 2020.
- Exam has been postponed due to COVID-19.
NCHMCT JEE 2020 Important Dates (New)
The important dates of NCHMCT JEE exam are given in the table below.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about NCHMCT JEE 2020: Application Form, Exam (Postponed), Dates - Admissions
|Application Form Availability||01 January 2020|
|Application Form last date||15 May 2020|
|Application correction||16 – 22 May 2020|
|Last date for making a successful payment||30 April 2020|
|Admit card download|
|Exam Date||22 June 2020|
|Result 2020 Declaration|
|Result Correction (if any)||Last week of May 2020|
|Counselling||Last week of May 2020|
Note: This is the latest updates dates of the NCHMCET JEE released by NTA. Candidates can keep visiting this page for the latest updates as notifies by the officials.
NCHMCT JEE 2020 Exam Postponed Again
On 07 June 2020, NTA has again postponed the NCHMCT JEE 2020 exam. The exam was about to be conducted on 22 June 2020. Candidates may check the official notification regarding the same below:
NCHMCT JEE 2020 New Exam Date Released
NCHM JEE 2020 Exam date has been revised by the NTA on 25 May 2020. The exam will be conducted on 22 June 2020. The exam will be conducted from 3 pm to 6 pm. Candidates can check the official notification regarding the same is given below:
On 30 April 2020, NTA released the official notification that the last date of NCHMCT JEE application form submission has been closed on 15 May 2020. Candidates can refer to the following public notice.
NOTE: Click here to view and download the NCHMCT JEE Notification
NCHMCT JEE 2020 Application Form
The detailed information regarding NCHMCT JEE Application form is given below.
- NCHMCT JEE Application Form has been started from 01 January 2020.
- The last date of filling the form is 15 May 2020(Extended).
- Application will be filled through online mode on the official website.
- Applicants have to fill the complete application because no incomplete form will be accepted by the officials.
- Multiple forms of the single candidate will be rejected by the officials.
The fee can be submitted through the online payment gateway.
|Category||Registration Fee (in Rs.)|
|General /Non-Creamy Layer OBC||Rs. 900/-|
|SC / ST / PwD/ Transgender||Rs. 450/-|
Mode of Payment: Candidate have to pay their fee through online mode by credit card, debit card or net banking. No request for fee refund will be entertained by NTA 2020.
NOTE: Click here to fill the NCH MCT 2020 Application Form.
How to fill the NCHMCT JEE Application form?
The procedure for filling the form is given below.
- Firstly, Log on to the official website of the National Council of Hotel Management and Catering. Technology website. (https://nchmjee.nta.nic.in/webinfo/public/home.aspx)
- Secondly, click on the “Fill Application Form” as shown in the image above.
- Finally, choose for New Registration or Log In.
- Once the basic registration is completed candidates should submit their educational details & Upload the required documents in the prescribed format.
- Last but not least, Pay the NCHMCT 2020 Application fee.
- Post payment of the application fee a pdf will be flashed on the screen.
- Download & Print the NCHMCT Application Form for future reference.
NCHMCT JEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The detailed information regarding NCHMCT JEE Eligibility criteria is given below.
- Nationality: Applicants must be a citizen of India
- Education Qualification: Pass Senior Secondary examination or its equivalent (10+2 system) with English as one of the subjects.
- Age Limit:
- General & OBC Applicants upper age limit is 25 years as on 01 July 2020 (Candidates born on or after 01 July 1994 are eligible).
- In the case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates, the upper age limit is 28 years as on 01 July 2020. That is SC/ST candidates born on or after 01 July 1991 are eligible.
- Appearing Candidate: Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply.
- Physical Fitness: All qualified candidates will have to submit a physical fitness certificate of carrying out practical classes as required in the Course at the time of admission from a Registered Medical Practitioner.
“For admission to a participating institute, please see the reservations applicable in that particular institute. In case of institutes run by Central Government, 15% of the seats are reserved for the category Scheduled Caste (SC), 7.5% for the category Scheduled Tribe (ST) and 27% for the category Other Backward Classes belonging to the “ Non Creamy layer” (OBC-NCL). Each category will have 5% reservations for Persons with Disabilities (PWD) as defined in The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPwD Act 2016).”
“No change in the category will be entertained after the last date of NCHM JEE-2020 application form and no subsequent changes will be effective for NCHM Score 2020.”
Download the NCHM JEE 2020 Information Brochure PDF.
NCHMCT JEE 2020 Admit Card
The detailed information regarding NCHMCT JEE Admit card is given below.
- NCHMCT JEE Admit Card will be available on 07 April 2020.
- Hall ticket will be released on the official website through online mode.
- No candidate will receive their admit card through post or any other offline mode.
- Download the hall ticket.
- Students have to carry the admit card along with one ID proof with 2 passport size photo.
NCHMCT JEE 2020 Exam Pattern
the detailed information regarding the NCHMCT JEE Exam Pattern is given below.
|Date of Exam||25 April 2020|
|Mode of Exam||Online Mode|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|No. of Questions||200|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer|
|Language (Medium of Paper)||English & Hindi|
NCHMCT JEE 2020 Test Pattern
The detailed information regarding NCHMCET JEE Test Pattern is given below.
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude||30|
|Reasoning and Logical Deduction||30|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||30|
|Aptitude for Service Sector||50|
NCHMCT JEE 2020 Marking Scheme
The marking scheme of the NCHMCET JEE is given below.
|Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude
Reasoning and Logical Deduction
General Knowledge & Current Affairs
Aptitude for Service Sector
|Correct Answer||Four marks (+4)|
|Incorrect Answer||one mark (-1)|
|Unanswered/Marked for Review||No mark (0)|
NCHMCT JEE 2020 Syllabus
There will be no prescribed syllabus for the NCHMCT JEE 2020 exam. Applicants can prepare for the examination according to the given subjects. The list of the subjects is given below:
|Reasoning||Alpha-Numeric Sequence Puzzle, Alphabet Test, Arithmetical, Reasoning, Classification, Clocks & Calendars, Data Sufficiency, Deriving Conclusions from Passages, Direction and distance Sense Test, Inserting the Missing Character, Time sequence test, Analytical reasoning, Cause and effect, Input and output arrangements, Seating arrangements, Coded inequalities, Decision making, Logical Sequence of Words, Logical Venn Diagrams, Puzzle Test, Series Test, Syllogism, Analogies/Decision-making, Coding/Decoding, Assertion and reason Statement and course of action, Non- verbal reasoning will include sense test, odd figures, analogy.|
|Quantitative||Averages, Boats & Streams, Clocks, Decimal & Fractions, HCF & LCM, Line Graphs, Logarithms, Mensuration, Mixtures & Allegations, Time, Speed and Distance, Profit and Loss, Permutation and Combination, Probability, Data Interpretation and sufficiency (will include Pie charts, Data table, Bar Graphs, Line graphs, Mixed graphs, case study etc.), Unitary Method, Problem based on numbers, Ration and Proportion, Partnership, Simple Interest Compound interest|
|English||Articles, Cloze Test, Comprehension, Para Jumble, Close test/ passages, Synonyms/Antonyms, Choosing the appropriate word, Spelling check Idioms & Phrases, Re-arrangement of a Sentence|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||Knowledge about Current Affairs|
NCHMCT JEE 2020 Exam centres
- Navi Mumbai
All India NCHM merit list of candidates will be based on the marks secured in the NCHM-JEE Computer Based Test (CBT). In case of ties or securing equal marks, the merit will be determined as under;
- Candidate securing higher marks in English exam of NCHMCT JEE shall rank higher.
- In the case of candidates securing equal marks in NCHM-JEE, as well as in English component of NCHM-JEE, then the candidate securing higher marks in Service Aptitude Component of NCHM-JEE shall rank higher.
- In case of a tie in (i) and (ii) above, the candidate older in age shall rank higher.
NCHM JEE Score
- The raw (actual) marks scored by a candidate shall be considered further for computation of the result of NCHM JEE 2020.
- No scorecard will be sent to the candidates and the candidates are advised to download their scorecards from the official website: www.ntanchm.nic.in only.
- There shall be no provision for re-evaluation/re-checking of the Score. Also, No correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
- Finally, The National Testing Agency (NTA) will announce the NCHM Score in 2020.
- However, the NTA does not collect the information regarding a total number of seats available in the institutions and reservation criteria followed by the institutions.
List of Colleges Accepting NCHMCT JEE 2020 Scores/Ranks
|College||Location||Total No. of Seats||Hostel Intake|
|CENTRAL GOVERNMENT INSTITUTE OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT|
|Institute of Hotel Management, Bengaluru||Bengaluru||200||30||Nil|
|Institute of Hotel Management, Bhopal||Bhopal||276||120||50|
|Institute of Hotel Management, Bhubaneswar||Bhubaneswar||230||140||40|
|Institute of Hotel Management, Chennai||Chennai||253||160||25|
|Institute of Hotel Management, New Delhi||New Delhi||246||25||10|
|Dr Ambedkar Institute of Hotel Management||Chandigarh||230||62||62|
|Institute of Hotel Management, Gandhinagar||Gandhinagar||230||125||25|
|Institute of Hotel Management, Goa||Goa||340||40||30|
|Institute of Hotel Management, Gurdaspur||Gurdaspur||184||110||40|
|Institute of Hotel Management, Guwahati||Guwahati||180||200||45|
|Institute of Hotel Management, Gwalior||Gwalior||240||184||110|
|Institute of Hotel Management, Hajipur||Hajipur||230||129||100|
|Institute of Hotel Management, Hyderabad||Hyderabad||230||180||40|
|Institute of Hotel Management, Jaipur||Jaipur||184||90||30|
|Institute of Hotel Management, Kolkata||Kolkata||307||48||18|
|Institute of Hotel Management, Lucknow||Lucknow||276||40||25|
|Institute of Hotel Management, Mumbai||Mumbai||368||Nil||Nil|
|Institute of Hotel Management, Shillong||Shillong||120||Nil||30|
|Institute of Hotel Management, Shimla||Shimla||307||125||68|
|Institute of Hotel Management, Srinagar||Srinagar||153||150||24|
|Institute of Hotel Management, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvananthapuram||240||175||25|
|STATE GOVERNMENT INSTITUTE OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT|
|Chandigarh Institute of Hotel Management||Chandigarh||60||40||18|
|Delhi Institute of Hotel Management||Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi||120||Nil||Nil|
|Institute of Hotel Management, Dehradun||Dehradun||120||80||30|
|Institute of Hotel Management, Faridabad||Faridabad||120||25||20|
|State Institute of Hotel Management||Gangtok||80||64||30|
|State Institute of Hotel Management||Jodhpur||100||64||20|
|State Institute of Hotel Management||Kozhikode||60||40||Nil|
|Institute of Hotel Management||Kurukshetra||130||49||45|
|Institute of Hotel Management||Bathinda||120||75||14|
|State Institute of Hotel Management||Hamirpur||120||42||18|
|Institute of Hotel Management Dr B B A Polytechnic Campus||Silvassa||100||150||30|
|State Institute of Hotel Management||Tiruchirapalli||90||80||20|
|State Institute of Hotel Management||Rohtak||120||60||30|
|State Institute of Hotel Management||Pondicherry||60||40||25|
|State Institute of Hotel Management||Panipat||60||30||6|
|Dr YSR NITHM||Hyderabad||60||50||25|
|State Institute of Hotel Management, Indore||Indore||60||Nil||Nil|
|State Institute of Hotel Management, Tirupati||Tirupati||60||Nil||Nil|
|State Institute of Hotel Management, Yamuna Nagar||Yamuna Nagar||100||42||15|
|PUBLIC SECTOR UNDERTAKING INSTITUTE OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT|
|ASHOK Institute of Hotel Management||New Delhi||60||Nil||Nil|
|PRIVATE INSTITUTE OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT|
|Chandigarh College of Hotel Management||Mohali (Punjab)||120||100||50|
|Chitkara School of Hospitality||Rajpura (Punjab)||120||100||50|
|Deshbhagat Institute of Hotel Management||Mandi Gobindgarh (Punjab)||100||100||50|
|KC College of Hotel Management||Nawanshahr (Punjab)||60||100||50|
|Institute of Hotel Management, Meerut||Meerut||120||126||50|
|Oriental School of Hotel Management||Wayanad, Kerala||120||100||20|
|Ranjita Institute of Hotel Management||Bhubaneswar||120||126||126|
|Institute of Hotel Management, Shri Shakti Venus Plaza||Hyderabad||120||65||12|
|SRM Institute of Hotel Management||Chennai||120||88||38|
|Munnar Catering College||Kerala||60||120||100|
|C T Institute of Hotel Management||Jalandhar (Punjab)||60||100||100|
|St.Soldier Institute of Hotel Management||Jalandhar (Punjab)||50||50||50|
|The Lalit Suri Hospitality School||Faridabad||40||Nil||Nil|
|Gurunanak Institute of Hotel Management||Kolkata||60||30||20|
NCHMCT JEE 2020 Courses
The course-wise list, program level, course type, and duration are listed below.
|Sr. No.||Course / Programme Name||Course Level||Type of Course||Duration|
|1.||NET||Certification Programs||Training Programs||1 Year(s)|
|2.||M.Sc. HA||Post Graduate Programs||Academic Programmes||2 Year(s)|
|3.||Diploma in Housekeeping||Diploma Program||Academic Programmes||1 Year(s) 6 Month(s)|
|4.||Diploma in Front Office||Diploma Program||Academic Programmes||1 Year(s) 6 Month(s)|
|5.||Diploma in Food Production||Diploma Program||Academic Programmes||1 Year(s) 6 Month(s)|
|6.||Diploma in Food & Beverage Service||Diploma Program||Academic Programmes||1 Year(s) 6 Month(s)|
|7.||Diploma in Bakery & Confectionary||Diploma Program||Academic Programmes||1 Year(s) 6 Month(s)|
|8.||B.Sc H HA||Under Graduate Programs||Academic Programmes||3 Year(s)|
NCHMCT JEE 2020 Books for Preparation
Books for English Language Section:
|Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi||English – From Plinth to Paramount (Vol-1 and 2) by Neetu Singh|
|Arihant General English for all Competitive Examinations (English) by Hari Mohan Prashad||High School English Grammar & Composition Revised Edition (English) 1st Edition by Wren and Martin|
Books for General Knowledge and Scientific Aptitude Section:
|Pratiyogita Darpan||Manorama Yearbook|
|General Awareness by Manohar Panday||Lucent’s GK|
|Pearson India Yearbook||Arihant General Knowledge|
|Competition Review Yearbook||–|
Books for Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude Section:
|30 days wonder for Maths by
|Quantitative Aptitude by N.K.Singh|
|Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal||–|
Books for Reasoning and Logical Deduction Section:
|Quantitative Aptitude Question Papers for Banks and others Govt. entrance exam by MK Pandey||Verbal Reasoning Book by R S Agarwal|
|501 Challenging Logical reasoning Practice Book||Quantitative Aptitude ebook (ALL Parts Solved) by R S Agarwal|
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal||A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal by B.S. Sijwali and InduSijwali|
Books for Service Aptitude Section:
- R Gupta’s book for Hotel Management
NCHMCT JEE 2020 Sample Papers
Other Referred Books for NCHMCT JEE 2020 Preparation
Some of the other books that candidates can consider for NCHMCT JEE 2020 preparation are:
- Hotel Management Entrance Exam Guide by Gladvin Rego
- Arihant Study Package for Hotel Management and Hospitality Administration
- Hotel Management Entrance Exam Guide By Jawahar Book Centre
- How to Prepare For the Hotel Management Entrance Examination by Thorpe
- Hotel Management Catering Technology: Entrance Exam, Guide by VVK Subburaj
- Ramesh Hotel Management Entrance Exam Guide by RPH Editorial Board
- Dharmendra Mittal’s 10 Mock Tests For Hotel Management Entrances
- Hotel Management Entrance Exam Guide by Dr R P Datason
National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHM & CT)
Ministry of Tourism, Government of India established an autonomous body for the interrelated growth and development of hospitality education in the country. NCHMCT was established in 1982. Currently, the Council office is at A-34, Sector-62, Noida (U.P.) India, while the registered office is at Pusa, New Delhi. Initially, it was called as National Board of Studies in Food Management, Catering & Nutrition.
NCHMCT JEE Result 2020
- Firstly, the result of the written test will be announced on 10 May 2020.
- Secondly, applicants can check the NCHMCT 2020 JEE result through online mode.
- The All India merit list will be prepared for the applicants based on marks obtained in the exam.
- Finally, based on the merit list, applicants will be called for the counselling session.
Counselling 2020 NCHMCT JEE
Counselling registration for NCHMCT JEE 2020 will start in May 2020.
Academic Session will start from May 2020.
For more information regarding Counselling. Please refer to the link: www.nchm.nic.in.
Stay tuned for NCHMCT JEE 2020 with us.