NDA 2020 Exam Pattern for April session is set by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). NDA 1 2020 examination will be conducted by the UPSC. This is a national level entrance examination which is organised for the candidate to join any of the wings which include Indian army, Indian navy, and Indian Air Force. The candidate has to qualify in the written exam, interview round and physical test to join in any of the wings. The candidate can check the complete article to know more about the NDA exam pattern 2020.
NDA 1 2020 Exam Pattern
The candidate can check here the complete exam pattern for NDA (I) which is given in the list below: Candidates can check the complete NDA 1 2020 paper pattern mentioned below:
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
|Examination Mode||Offline (Pen and Paper Test) mode on OMR sheets|
|Total Questions Papers||There will be two question papers which are:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about NDA 2020 Exam Pattern: Marking Scheme, Syllabus, Interview Procedure - Admissions
|Type of Questions||Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Maximum Marks||Maximum marks will be 900 Marks|
|Examination Duration||2.5 Hours (150 Mins) for each Paper|
|Medium of Examination||The question papers will be in two languages: English and Hindi|
Subject Wise Marks Distribution
The candidate can check the subject wise marks distribution in the given table below:
|Mathematics||01||300||2.5 Hours (150 Mins)|
|General Ability Test||02||600||2.5 Hours (150 Mins)|
|Total||900||5 Hours (300mins)|
Marks Distribution in Paper- II: General Ability Test
|Part B||General Knowledge||400|
The candidate must check the marking scheme of the NDA examination so they answer the questions wisely. The marking scheme for the NDA entrance examination is given in the table below:
|Marking Criteria||Marks Awarded|
|For Every Incorrect Answer||-1/3 (0.33) Marks|
|For Every Unanswered Question||0 Marks|
Note: If any candidate answered any question with more than one answer, then that answer will be treated as a wrong answer even if one of the given answers will be correct or not and the marks will be deducted for that answer.
Interview Round Marks distribution
The candidates who qualified the written test will be notified for the interview round. The candidates can check the marks distribution for the interview round which is given below:
NDA (I) 2020 Interview Round
The qualified candidate has to clear the interview round also to get the joining in NDA. The interview round is Intelligence and Personality Test round. The round will be conducted in two stages. The candidate can check both the interview stages pattern in the list below:
|Stage I||This is a comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests which is a Picture Perception and Description Test (PP & DT). The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the combination of performance in OIR Test and PP&DT tests.|
|Stage II||This is a Comprises of Interview, Psychology Tests, Group Testing Officer Tasks and the Conference. These tests will be conducted for over 4 days.|
- All the candidates have to qualify the Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test.
- The qualified candidates in both stages will be eligible for the further procedure of joining.
NDA 2020 Syllabus
The candidates can check NDA syllabus and exam pattern for the question of entrance test which is given in the list below:
|Paper (II)||General Ability Test||
Important Instructions for National Defence Academy (NDA) 2020 Exam
The candidates must follow all the instructions during the examination which is given in the list below:
Permitted articles inside Examination Hall:
- Hardboard or cardboard (make sure nothing will be written on the board)
- A Black/Ball Pen for marking responses on the OMR Answer Sheet.
- Answer Sheet and Rough sheet for extra work will be supplied by the exam invigilator.
Restricted Things Inside Examination Hall:
- Candidates must not bring any unwanted things with them into the Examination Hall which are given below:
- Loose sheets
- Any Type of Calculators
- Mathematical and Drawing instruments
- Log Tables
- Stencils of maps
- Slide rules
- Test Booklets
- Rough sheets etc.
- The candidates can’t carry any communication devices into the examination hall which are given below:
- Or any other communication devices
Penalty for Wrong Answers:
- If any candidate answered any question with more than one answer, then that answer will be treated as a wrong answer even if one of the given answers will be correct or not and the marks will be deducted for that answer.
- If a question is left blank or the candidate didn’t answer the question then there will be no marks will deduct as a penalty for that question.
Unfair Means Strictly Prohibited:
- The candidate must not copy from the papers of any other candidate.
- Must not permit his papers to be copied by any other candidate
- Not to try to give or attempt to give or obtain or attempt to obtain irregular assistance of any description in the examination.
Conduct in Examination Hall :
- The candidate is advised that they don’t misbehave in any kind of manner or create any noise or disorder;y scene in the exam hall.
- If the candidate any misbehave in the examination hall then the authority have the power to cancel the examination of that candidate.
NDA (I) Entrance Exam
UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts the NDA (National Defence Academy) exam twice in a year – one in April which is known as NDA (I) and the other one in conducted in November which is known as NDA (II). The exam will be conducted through the offline mode on the OMR sheets. The candidate has to qualify the written test and interview round to get the joining any of the Wings through NDA.