NDA 2020 Eligibility Criteria is set by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). NDA eligibility criteria 2020 must be fulfiled by all candidates who wish to join in Air Force, Indian Navy and Army. The candidates who will qualify the National Defence Academy (NDA) Entrance Exam will get the entry in 144th Course offered by the UPSC NDA, and 106th course of UPSC NA (Naval Academy). The candidates can check the complete article to know more NDA 2020 eligibility criteria.
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2020
The candidates must check NDA eligibility criteria before applying for the online application form. All NDA eligibility criteria are given in the listed below:
- A candidate must be a citizen of:
- India or,
- Bhutan or,
- The candidate who belongs to Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 01 January 1962 to permanently settle in India can also apply for NDA.
- The candidate of India origin who has migrated from given countries for settling in India also eligible:
- Sri Lanka
- East African Countries of Kenya
- The United Republic of Tanzania
- Ethiopia or Vietnam
- The candidates have to submit their eligibility certificates who are not a citizen of India, and that certificate has been issued by the Government of India for the candidate who belongs to above-given countries.
- The eligibility certificate will not be necessary in the case of candidates who are belongs to Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2020: Age Limits, Gender and Marital Status
The candidates must check the age limits, gender and marital status criteria before applying for National Defence Academy (NDA) 2020:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about NDA Eligibility Criteria 2020: Age, Qualification, Physical Standards - Admissions
- Only the male candidates can apply for NDA
- The candidate must be unmarried to be eligible for National Defence Academy (NDA).
- The candidate must be born not earlier than 02 January 2001 and not later than 01 January 2004 will be eligible for the National Defence Academy (NDA) entrance exam 2020.
- The date of birth (DoB) entered in the Matriculation (10th standard) or Secondary School (12th Standard) Leaving Certificate or equivalent certificate recognised by an Indian University will be accepted valid by the official authority.
- The certificate must be issued by the reorganised authority of the University.
- All these certificates are required to be submitted after the declaration of results of the written examination.
- The candidates must also note that, once a date of birth (DoB) has been filled by them and entered in the records of the Commission for the purpose of admission in NDA to an entrance examination then they can’t be able to make any change or edit at any subsequent examination on any ground whatsoever.
- If any change found in the Date of Birth with the application form and 10th and 12th certificates then the authority will take the action against it and cancel the admission of that candidate.
- Other documents relating to age such as affidavits, horoscopes, service records or birth extracts from Municipal Corporation etc will not be accepted.
- Only date of birth (DoB) recorded in the Matriculation (10th) /Secondary (12th) school examination certificate or an equivalent certificate on the date of application submission will be accepted.
- The candidates must also undertake that they don’t marry until they complete their NDA training.
The Candidates must fulfil the UPSC NDA eligibility criteria of the basic Educations qualifications to join any of the wings in the NDA which are given in the table below:
|For Army Wing of NDA||The candidate must be passed the 12th standard of the 10+2 pattern or equivalent examination from the recognised Board or University|
|For Naval and Air Force Wings of NDA||The candidate must be passed the 12th standard of the 10+2 pattern or equivalent examination with Mathematics and Physics from the recognised Board or University|
- The candidates who have yet to qualify in the 12th standard are also eligible to apply for this examination.
- The Candidates appearing in the 11th standard exam are not eligible for the NDA examination.
- The candidates, who have failed the CPSS/PABT exam earlier, are also eligible to apply for the Air Force in Ground Duty branches if they fill their willingness in the Online Application Form which is available at the UPSC’s website.
The candidates must be physically and mentally fit according to the prescribed physical standards by UPSC. The medical fitness criteria are given in the list below:
- Defects/ Ailments
- The candidates are advised to clean minor defects and ailments in order to speed up finalisation of medical test which will be conducted at the Military Hospital after being qualified at the SSB.
- There are few of such commonly found defects and ailments are given in the list below
- Wax (Ears)
- Deviated Nasal Septum
- Under Sized Chest
- The candidate who have permanent body tattoos on the inner face of forearm i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist are permitted to apply for the examination.
- The candidate who have permanent tattoos on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand/Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body will not be accepted and candidates will be able to apply for the examination.
Height and weight
- The minimum height of the candidate must be 140 cm.
- The candidate’s weight must be in the range of 35.3Kg to 79.4Kg that vary on the height of the candidate.
Note: A number of qualified candidates are rejected subsequently on Physical and Medical Ground. The candidates are advised in their own interest to get themselves physically fit and medically examined before submitting their applications for the NDA to avoid disappointment at the final stage.
NDA 2020 Entrance Test
UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) offers to join any wing (Army, Air Force and Navy) in NDA (National Defence Academy). National Defence Academy (NDA) offers the 145 Course to all the candidate in Army, Air Force and Navy Wings. To get this opportunity to join the NDA, it is compulsory for all candidates to fulfil all the eligibility criteria and qualifying the examination.