TISSNET 2021 Exam will be conducted in the first week of January 2021. TISSNET 2021 is also known as Tata Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test 2021. This national entrance exam is conducted by theTata Institute of Social Science (TISS). This all India level examination is conducted to offer admission into various Master’s Degree Programmes. i.e. MA, M.Sc., M.P.H., M.H.A and much more. This entrance exam offers admission into various TISS campuses located in Mumbai, Hyderabad, Guwahati, MHAT Calicut, Tuljapur, Chennai, Nagaland and many others. Interested candidates can go through the following article for the detailed information regarding the TISSNET.
TISSNET 2021 Important Dates
TISS will announce the national entrance test(NET) important dates. The important dates are given below.
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
DIT University Admission 2020
Manav Rachna University
UPES Management Entrance Test
Shoolini University Admission 2020
UPES Design Aptitude Test
Thapar University Admission 2020
Amity Joint Entrance Examination 2020
PIET Panipat Admission 2020
GD Goenka University Admission 2020
MIT ADT University Pune Admission 2020
VijayBhoomi University, Mumbai Admission 2020
BML Munjal University Admission 2020
Vel Tech Admissions 2020
LPU Admissions 2020
REVA University Admission 2020
GNIOT, Noida Admission 2020
KIIT University Admission 2020
|Application form||Third week of October 2020|
|Last date of receipt of application by post||First week of December 2020|
|Last date to submit application form||Second week of December 2020|
|Hall ticket availability||Fourth week of December 2020|
|TISSNET 2021 Exam||First week of January 2021|
|Result declaration||First week of February 2021|
|Pre Interview Test & Personal Interview||Second to third week of March 2021|
|Merit list announcement||Third week of April 2021|
|Online document uploading & fee payment by selected candidate||Third week of April to first week of May 2021|
|Announcement of 1st waitlist (for all programmes)||Second week of May 2021|
|Uploading of online documents & fee payment by selected candidates from waitlist 1||Second to third week of May 2021|
|Original document verification & fee payment||Third to fourth week of May 2021|
|Closing of admission||Second week of June 2021|
These are the tentative dates based on the TISSNET 2020. Candidates can keep visiting this page for the latest updates as notifies by the TISS.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about TISSNET 2021: Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Date, Pattern
TISSNET 2021 Application Form
The detailed information regarding the TISSNET Application form is given below.
- Application will be released in the third week of October 2020.
- Candidates can fill the application through online mode from the official website.
- Applicants can fill the form till December 2020.
- Registration form can be filled through online mode as well as offline mode.
- Candidates can be requested to fill the form carefully because there is no provision of correction window.
- Aspirants can apply for a maximum of three programme across any two of the TISS & another campus.
- Candidates are allowed to apply for multiple PG programmes and have to pay a fee for each programme.
- Fill the application form with valid and working information because incompletely filled form will no be accepted by the officials.
- Candidates have to fill the single application for multiple programmes.
- Multiple forms of a single candidate will be rejected by the officials.
- The online registration form will be submitted from the official website whereas offline application form will be submitted to the following address:
Assistant Registrar (Academic), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Deonar Mumbai, 400088
The detailed information regarding the TISSNET Application Fee is given below in the table.
|Mode of payment||Category||No. of Programmes|
|Online mode- credit card, debit card or net banking||General||1030||2060||3090|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ NCL||260||520||780|
|Cash Deposit in any SBI branch using challan||General||1000||2000||3000|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ NCL||250||500||750|
NOTE: Request for registration fee refund will not be entertained by the officials in any circumstances.
TISSNET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can be requested to go through TISSNET 2021 Eligibility Criteria first before filling the application form. The detailed information regarding the eligibility criteria of TISSNET is given below.
- Nationality: Candidates should be Indian national.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit for the examination.
- Educational Qualification: Applicants must hold bachelors or equivalent degree of minimum 3 or 4 years duration.
- For LL.M: Candidates must have qualified LL.B degree with at least 50% marks from any recognized board or university.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the final year of graduation degree can apply for the exam.
TISSNET 2021 Exam Pattern
TISSNET Revamp exam pattern is as follow:
|Mode of Exam||CBT (Computer Based Test)|
|Time Duration||1 Hour and 40 Minutes|
|Type of Question||MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Negative Marking||There will be no Negative Marking|
TISSNET 2021: Section-wise Question Distribution
TISSNET Exam Sections
Maths and Logical Reasoning
TISSNET 2021 Syllabus
The 3 TISS NET exam sections are further subdivided and effectively become six sections as under. Although GK consists of the maximum number of 40 Questions with the highest weightage in the exam, Mathematics & Logical Reasoning with 30 Questions consists of all types of Quant, DI and LR questions.
Number Series, Alphabet Series, Eye for detail, Statement Conclusion/Assumption/Arguments, Logical Connectivity, Linear/Circular/Family Arrangement, Venn Diagram, Puzzles, Cubes
Bar graph, Tables, Pie chart, Double pie chart, Case lets, multiple graphs, Line graphs, Data comparison
Profit and Loss, Averages, Basic Geometry, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Time –Distance & Speed, Number System
Antonyms, Analogies, Odd word out, Word substitute in a sentence, Right usage of words in fill in the blank, Right usage of word in match the following, Fill in the Blanks – Homophones, Idioms – Fill in the blank, Idioms – Match the following, Error spotting – grammar/words/ punctuation, Sentence Correction
Purpose of the passage, Strengthen and Weaken, Assumption and Supporting Statement, Flaw and Discrepancy, Inference and Conclusion Drawn, Passage based questions, Author’s Point of View, Main idea of the passage.
Environment & ecology, Politics/History/Governance/Law, Economy/ Policy, International politics/ current events, Gender/Health/Education, Labor, Media/ICTs/Literature/Art/Culture, Sports
TISSNET 2021 Answer Key
- After the examination, applicants may able to check the TISSNET 2021 Answer Key.
- The official answer key will announce later on the website. So, to take the reference, candidates take the help of unofficial answer keys.
- Since it is a CBT (Computer Based Test), the authenticity of these keys answer cannot be checked.
TISSNET 2021 Cut Off
- The expected cut off for TISSNET 2021 Exam will announce once the examination is over.
- Applicants can refer to unofficial sources but should rely on official sources.
- The TISSNET 2021 Cut Off will release on the result day.
Given below is the previous year cut off:
TISSNET 2020 Cut Off
TISSNET 2021 Admit Card
- TISSNET 2021 Admit Card for MA programmes will be released by TISS in the fourth December 2020.
- Applicants must submit the Email Id and Password in the desired field to download the TISS MA Admissions 2021 Admit card. The sample image is attached below for candidates convenience.
- The admit card contains important information like Registration details, Roll number, Exam centre etc.
- Most importantly, Applicants must carry the hall ticket on the examination day along with valid identity proof.
TISSNET 2021 Result
The detailed information regarding TISSNET 2021 Result is given below.
- Firstly, the result will be accessed through online mode only from the official website.
- Secondly, TISSNET 2021 Result will be declared in the first week of February 2021.
- After that, applicants who will appear in the examination can download their result/ scorecard through login.
- Finally, candidates must take a printout of the result/ scorecard for further reference.
A TISS is having Five campuses in India. Whereas, TISS is a Public Funded Research University Creating Human Service Professionals for the Nation. TISSNET exam is organized by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS).
- TISS Chennai
- TISS Mumbai
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences Tuljapur
- TISS Hyderabad
- TISS Guwahati
Stay tuned with EntranceZone for complete and detailed information related to TISSNET 2021.
FAQs of TISSNET
Is TISS good for MBA?
Tata Institute of Social Sciences or commonly known as TISS is a really good college for M.A. in Human Resource Management and Labour Relations. It's one of the oldest and prestigious courses at TISS, among the best in the country in this field, considered equivalent to an MBA, and has great placements and packages.
Is there reservation in TISS?
Seats in each Campus: 60 ie TISS Mumbai will have 60 seats only. As per Govt. of India Requirements reservation of seats is allocated. The TISS Guwahati campus has been established with support from the Ministry of Development of North-Eastern Region (MDONER), Govt.
Is TISSNET tougher than CAT?
A major advantage of TISSNET as compared to other exam is that the difficulty level of the paper, as well as the competition level of the exam, is much lower. Though the options are limited as compared to CAT or other management exams, TISSNET can act as your backup option.
Is TISS negative marking?
The marking scheme for each section in TISS NET exam is defined by Tata Institute of Social Sciences. There will be 100 questions, each carrying 1 mark. ... There will be no negative marking for a wrong answer or unattempted question.
What is the cutoff for TISSNET?
TISSNET Qualifying Cutoff: TISS has prescribed minimum qualifying marks for the computer-based test. The qualifying cutoff for SC and ST category is 35% while for other categories, it is 45%.